Springfield- Henry Co... Same District

Impartial

OK, let's please get back to the game. How has Springfield changed since the first time we played? How do the Patriot faithful think we have changed since the first time around? What will be the keys to this game?

RW, since the loss at Clarksville there has been a big improvement in the Patriots on the practice field. It seems the players are working harder and coming together as a team. Prior to that, most of our performances on the field were mediocre. The DC game was in my opinion our first really good performance on Friday Night. It was very difficult to tell anything for the Rossview game, horrid field/weather conditions made sure of that. And this week, its been a good week at practice. I look for the Patriots to come out with fire in their eyes and quickly taking control of the game.

Don't know about Springfield, but it only stands to reason that the Jackets have matured under their new staff and gained confidence as the season wore on. I expect them to put up a good fight. Its going to be a good game!

Agreed, I believe this is going to be a good game and am really looking foward to it.....

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let's please get back to the game. How has Springfield changed since the first time we played? How do the Patriot faithful think we have changed since the first time around? What will be the keys to this game?

RW, since the loss at Clarksville there has been a big improvement in the Patriots on the practice field. It seems the players are working harder and coming together as a team. Prior to that, most of our performances on the field were mediocre. The DC game was in my opinion our first really good performance on Friday Night. It was very difficult to tell anything for the Rossview game, horrid field/weather conditions made sure of that. And this week, its been a good week at practice. I look for the Patriots to come out with fire in their eyes and quickly taking control of the game.

Don't know about Springfield, but it only stands to reason that the Jackets have matured under their new staff and gained confidence as the season wore on. I expect them to put up a good fight. Its going to be a good game!

I hope that it is not a good game, but realize that it could be just that. The weather looks to be great. I hope we have a good crowd. I love our "playoff atmosphere"!

Man I hope BBQ and something warm to drink. Dang this is going to be really fun! Heard the Jackets are excited about his game. Win or Lose, we are sure proud of the team. They went from 1-4 the first 5 games, and then the team went 3-2 the last 5 games. Almost beat a very good White House team that ended on an onside kick, beat a good Rossview team, and Kenwood and West Creek. The Jackets lost to White House 28-21 I do believe, and lost to Northwest pretty badly in a muddy mess. We are proud of the way the boys have responded to our coaches, and I do believe we are 4-5 plays from being a 7-3 team. We were beating Greenbrier, Clarksville, and Dickson at half time earlier in the year. Those games show a score that does not tell the story. I do believe that this game will be within 14 points. Call me crazy, but this is a very good 4-6 team.

Good to hear about Skyler! I am glad he is doing well. It is a shame that he will have to miss out on this game and the playoffs. He remains in my prayers!

Finally, I just wanted to say I hope that both teams remain healthy tomorrow night, and it would be a better night with the Jackets winning by a field goal from our freshmen kicker. He is something else, and just may be a spark the team needed. Think he first started kicking at White House, and is 8-9 on p.a.t.'s the past two games. He has a bright future with the Jackets the next 3 years.

OK, now lets go PATS!!!! Its getting close to crunch time, and we all know that the last 3 years we've come close to have the season come to an abrupt halt with the "candy" just out of reach. This CAN be the year if you want it bad enough. No time for costly mistakes....focus...focus....focus, till that beautiful extra healthy large lady sings....lol. Go get em and don't let up till that gold ball is hoisted into the air!!!!! One game at a time...... Come on fans, don't wait till you are at the stadium.....start your rooting now. Tired of hearing about southerland or sutherland or myers or gossip or drama crap.....lets get the boys ready now!!!!!

I was shocked to see in a program that we are losing 1 senior on both offense and defense. That is amazing, with 2 freshmen and 5 sophmores starting on offense and 2 freshmen and 4 sophmores starting on defense. I just believe Coach Myers will use this game to prepare the boys for our bright future. A game like this can only prepare our boys for the future, and an atmosphere like Henry County is the perfect setting to show the boys, coaches, and community what our future can look like if we want a program here in Springfield. Man I have not been this excited since we were region champs! Paris get ready for some black and Vagas gold. I just heard a Patriot say, "The Jackets are coming, the Jackets are coming!"

Not to long until we can settle this dispute on the field. I see that most put the Jackets as 16+ point underdogs. If that is all the spread is to a power like Henry County, then I am feeling like after the game driving to Miss. From reading on here, many feel the game is going to be a blow out. I have one question for the Henry County faithful, who wants to drive an hour and half to see a team get blown out. If I were you fans I would maybe stretch the truth a bit and say this game may be closer than many expect. Then that way people will want to come believing that their team can win. Guess I am guilty, because I will not drive to Knoxville to watch Tennessee play Florida, but if I thought they had the chance to win I would be there first. Just insight from an old country boy! By the way, we are country too, and if road kill is what it is, then we eating. :excl: Cannot wait to tailgate with your fans Friday!

Oldjacket........are you really planning on bringing more jackets than you brought last time? If all the Yellowjackets in attendance a few weeks ago were to sting our mascot....I don't think he'd even swell!!! Surely you can do better than that! Are you guys just fair weather jackets? Do you even buzz?? Patriot fans have not been impressed by the swarm of Yellowjackets flying around Paris this season.....tell me Oldjacket....will this change??

Now that is funny! :roflolk:

Go get'em tonight coach. Have your LB's prepared and do some great things on Special teams tonight coach. Keep that O going like the last game of the season and you can come out of there with a win. I hope you are feeling better and getting over that sickness. Hope you and your team had a great week of practice. Now it is time to go out and show what you have.

Gameday! Alright Patriots, this is your time. Bring that Defense that you know you have and lay the wood to the Yellowjackets. Its one and done if you don't put it all out on the table. Big Red Nation will be there to support you - Loud & PROUD!!! This is your time! This is your house! C'mon Big RED...

Let's Get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!