Playoff Game 1: Blackman vs McGavock @ The Inferno

StorkMontgomery

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to the Blaze this week. Shame we all got stuck in the same quadrant.

I think this whole playoff system is a joke.... there is one team that has a record of 1-9 and two teams that have records of 2-8, that doesn't include the teams that have 3-7!!! It is NOT fair to teams, like Smyrna who have better records being left out while teams who should probably be looking for all new coaches are getting to go to the playoffs......

Smyrna would have loved to have McGavock's schedule :thumb:

Mt. Juliet 20-21 (6A) (9-1)

Cane Ridge 32-0 (5A) (0-10) You remember them? lol!

Stratford 35-0 (4A) (0-10)

Hillwood 27-0 (5A) (3-7)

Wilson Central 28-13 (6A) (2-8)

John Overton 7-21 (6A) (8-2)

Glencliff 6-0 (5A) (5-5)

Goodpasture 21-24 (3A) (8-2)

Antioch 16-7 (6A) (3-7) Riverdale beat them :huh:

Hunters Lane 20-32 (6A) (8-2)

Best of luck to the Blaze this week. Shame we all got stuck in the same quadrant.

I think this whole playoff system is a joke.... there is one team that has a record of 1-9 and two teams that have records of 2-8, that doesn't include the teams that have 3-7!!! It is NOT fair to teams, like Smyrna who have better records being left out while teams who should probably be looking for all new coaches are getting to go to the playoffs......

Hillwood 27-0 (5A) (3-7)

Glencliff 6-0 (5A) (5-5)

Antioch 16-7 (6A) (3-7) Riverdale beat them :lol:

To David Limbaugh:

I keep seeing post buy Oakland; Riverdale and even Smyrna supporters knocking down Blackman's schedule. Why? the regular season is over. Do you think that Blackman's schedule was kind of chicken or cheap?

To David Limbaugh:

I keep seeing post buy Oakland; Riverdale and even Smyrna supporters knocking down Blackman's schedule. Why? the regular season is over. Do you think that Blackman's schedule was kind of chicken or cheap?

Yes - LOL!!! If Blackman had played a Farragut or an Ensworth or a Hendersonville instead of a Cane Ridge or a Station Camp then Oakland could be selling hot dogs this Friday night. :thumb:

If Siegel plays Cane Ridge instead of Independence they finish 6-4 and could have been in the wild card hunt?

To David Limbaugh:

Yes - LOL!!! If Blackman had played a Farragut or an Ensworth or a Hendersonville instead of a Cane Ridge or a Station Camp then Oakland could be selling hot dogs this Friday night. :thumb:

If Siegel plays Cane Ridge instead of Independence they finish 6-4 and could have been in the wild card hunt?

Ok I get what your saying, but just like the BCS this new Z plan has it's quirks. Many SEC Teams schedule lesser games knowing that the conference game are tough. (example Florida never leaving the State of Florida for non-conference games or Univ. of Tennessee playing Western KY and Memphis)

Do you have any Idea how long ago Blackman's and the other Rutherford County Schools made their 2009 schedules?

To David Limbaugh:

Ok I get what your saying, but just like the BCS this new Z plan has it's quirks. Many SEC Teams schedule lesser games knowing that the conference game are tough. (example Florida never leaving the State of Florida for non-conference games or Univ. of Tennessee playing Western KY and Memphis)

Do you have any Idea how long ago Blackman's and the other Rutherford County Schools made their 2009 schedules?

last summer - this is the first year of new 2-year contracts. I am not slamming Blackman for the schedule they played - just trying to illustrate how unfair this new system is, depending on overall records when that isn't a level playing field.

I am rooting for 7AAA! Wish I could be rooting for Smyrna and Siegel as well. Beat McGavock and I hope we can get past Coffee Co so we are playing for the right to host Oakland in week 3 :lol:

Hillwood 27-0 (5A) (3-7)

Glencliff 6-0 (5A) (5-5)

Antioch 16-7 (6A) (3-7) Riverdale beat them :lol:

So should we expect to see Smyrna at the "how to schedule you way to a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP" free clinic? Man this thing is filling up fast, Oh we also have swine flu shots.

When you arrive at the free clinic make sure they know the reason your there. I would not want to take a needle in the buttock for the wrong reason. OUCHO RIO!

To David Limbaugh:

Mr. Limbaugh...IF is a big word although small in the number of letters!...

If we had played Farragut...we would have beat them because you beat them and we beat riverdale...

If we had played Ensworth...we would have beat them because smyrna took them to overtime and we beat smyrna...

If we had played Hendersonville...we would have beat them because yall loss to them and we beat riverdale...

Your "IF" seems to assume that we would have lost...but my "IF" assumes we would have won...that is why "IF" is a big word...and it is why we don't use the word "IF"...only what did take place...you don't know what would have been...and neither do I...

you say in a later post that you are not slamming blackman for their schedule...really??? maybe it's just me...but...this post seems like a slam to me when you say "YES" to a chicken and cheap schedule...but maybe i just don't know what the definition of "IS" ...is!

you keep working hard on that new playoff system...IMHO...you're alot better at that than you are talking about who played who during the regular season...that is "IF" you can take some sincere, respectuful and a little sarcastic input from a fellow 7AAA football fan...good luck with coffee county...but you will not really need it...they are just cupcakes!

P.S. (which means post script) "IF" we would have lost our last three games...then your "IF" would have held alot more weight...but we didn't...we won 2 of 3 against the # 7 and # 3 ranked teams in the state... :lol:

"IF" a frog had longer legs it would not bump his tail everytime he lands! :D

"IF" said frog came around here he would be on the menu! :thumb:

LOVE IT!...WISH I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY FROG THAT I HAVE EATEN!... :thumb::thumb:

"If" you are really serious about eating frogs, and "If" you continue to talk about eating them, I may get sick! LOL Gross!