Craigmont @ Lawrence County

purple75gold

I think Mt. Juliet runs the Wing T. I'd be willing to bet they run it better. Riverdale runs the Wing T. I'd be willing to bet they run it better. Millington also runs it well, they are just lacking in other areas, such as coaching, decision making and discipline.

I would have to say until you see this Wing T in action at LCHS I wouldn't say other teams run it better. Come take a look for yourself and then make that decision.

I think Lawrence County is in trouble :lol:

Kind of like Bartlett??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of like Bartlett??

fballfan, if youre basing your opinion of Craigmont on the Bartlett game, just throw that out the window. That was one of the worst games - if not THE worst game - I have ever seen this team play. Keep in mind that last year this team almost had a letdown against Central the last game of the year (needed a late TD to win) and rebounded fairly well and played Whitehaven very tough. Only this team is much better than last year's team and I think will come together and play alot better football than they did against Bartlett. Not playing in a swamp for the first time in like 6 weeks can't hurt either.

Just for the record..... Don't blame the Bartlett game on the weather! Sure it was nasty but how many Friday nights weren't?? Craigmont has a great team. But truth be known Bartlett came out and ran straight at them and Craigmont had no answer what so ever! First drive was 16 plays and 80 yards! That to me is called domination. Good luck to both teams! No prediction here. My guess is very close and comes down to special teams!

I dont think GoChiefs post was meant to sound like he was blaming it on the weather. He said himself that Bartlett just whooped them up front which is surprising since many teams could not do that this year. In my opinion he was not trying to blame the loss on the weather. GoChiefs is not one to make excuses.

Kind of like Bartlett??

fballfan, if youre basing your opinion of Craigmont on the Bartlett game, just throw that out the window. That was one of the worst games - if not THE worst game - I have ever seen this team play. Keep in mind that last year this team almost had a letdown against Central the last game of the year (needed a late TD to win) and rebounded fairly well and played Whitehaven very tough. Only this team is much better than last year's team and I think will come together and play alot better football than they did against Bartlett. Not playing in a swamp for the first time in like 6 weeks can't hurt either.

First off, I am not basing an opinion at all and certainly not on the Bartlett game! I have never seen Craigmont play and have no idea what kind of team they will bring to Lawrence County. I do believe to have such a massive breakdown going into the playoffs can't help. I am not sure LCHS can even beat the Chiefs. The swamp thing doesn't mean much to me, both teams were playing on the field at the same time. I am not by any means downing this Craigmont team. I would however like to know what they have. I am a fan of many teams and I am looking for the best round one game to attend. I am sure the coaches have film so talking about the teams shouldn't give much away on here. I have seen LCHS play on several occasions this year and I am not positive they are better than a Millington team or a Riverdale. I wouldn't know but I do know this team is very talented and they do not make many mistakes. They are big up front and should match up well with the Chiefs there. They have speed at the skill positions. They have a solid seconday and a very good punter. The field goal/extra point team has been subject but is improving late in the season. As far as comparing them to other West teams you will have to make that comparision on Saturday. Three plus hours travel will also be in favor of the home team. One of the longest travel times in the first round. Considering most of Craigmonts games are played just across town could make a difference. GoChiefs would you care to share a little of your knowledge of the Chiefs? Tell some about this team and what makes them win this round one game.

I for one hope the weather gets wet and nasty. This LCHS team can dang sure play slobber knocking ball in the muck. All 3 games that the "Mudcats" played in the muck & mud were excellent performances. One of those was against a very weak team but the other two were expected to be competitive and were far from it because of the "mudcats" attitude and effort at game time. So, rain or shine, victory or defeat, this will be an awsome game to come and see. GO WILDCATS-MUDCATS.

The more I read and check on this game the more I think it might get ugly but not from the weather. It appears that LCHS will win this game and win it pretty handily! Craigmont seems to have a pretty good defense but not much offense. They lucked out with a trick play against Millington and then held on for dear life.

The more I read and check on this game the more I think it might get ugly but not from the weather. It appears that LCHS will win this game and win it pretty handily! Craigmont seems to have a pretty good defense but not much offense. They lucked out with a trick play against Millington and then held on for dear life.

Not exactly. They did score on the first play of the game. It wasn't a trick play, just a straight go route. And you could say that they held on for dear life, but truth be told, Millington didn't threaten until a 1st and Goal with about a minute left. (They got the ball on their 8 with 9:51 left and they turned it over on 4th and Goal with :50 left)

Ace is right. I was not blaming the Bartlett loss on the weather. I simply stated not playing in a swamp would benefit this team as they can utilize their speed. I even said in another topic that we got a good old fashioned butt whoopin. Anyways.....

Glad you are confident in your team. Trick play???? Since when is throwing a deep ball and one of your playmakers taking it the distance a trick play? Someone please inform me of this new "trick play" definition because I must be confused....