What to expect from Dyersburg against Notre Dame

CHAMPDDS

I have been reading about what people are saying is a lucky draw that Notre Dame got in the first round against Dyersburg for Wednesday...Obviously, I don't have a clue about the strength of their schedule, but they made it this far...so they have to have some merit ? (They actually have some huge shutouts)

D :thumb:

Date Opponent Details Result

Tue Aug. 25 at #2 Madison Acad Magnet T 3-3

Thu Aug. 27 Gibson Co. D W 13-2

Tue Sep. 1 Obion Co. D W 12-0

Thu Sep. 3 Covington D W 7-1

Tue Sep. 8 at Crockett Co. D W 8-0

Fri Sep. 11 Jackson North Side N Libery Shoot-Out W 6-0

Sat Sep. 12 Liberty Tech. Magnet N Libery Shoot-Out W 6-0

Sat Sep. 12 Dickson Co. N Libery Shoot-Out L 1-3

Tue Sep. 15 at Haywood D W 14-0

Mon Sep. 28 Peabody D W 11-0

Thu Oct. 1 Brighton W 9-1

Thu Oct. 8 #7 Westview D W 1-0

Sat Oct. 10 DeKalb Co. N Eagle Classic W 6-1

Mon Oct. 12 Munford at Dyersburg W 10-0

Wed Oct. 14 #14 Jackson Christian N Eagle Classic L 0-4

Tue Oct. 20 Peabody D14A-AA W 8-0

Tue Oct. 27 Crockett Co. Regional Semifinals W 10-0

Wed Oct. 28 #7 Westview Regional Finals W 2-0

Sat Oct. 31 #7 McNairy Central Sectional W 3-0

Overall Record: 16-2-1

District Record: 7-0

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well from what i remember, jackson christian was not a strong team the last two years (ND has played them in state quarters), and dyersburg lost to them 0-4. but yes, ND should not take them lightly

are you kiddin me....the only soccer played in west tn is either in shelby county (memphis) and in jackson, TN ......they have basically played teams that have no socccer training.....jcs is probably their best opponent to date losing 4-0 and JCS is below avg this year.

not being ugly but jv should play this game or play 3 players down to get a work out.....dyersburg will sometimes have a good basketball team for girls....there are some athletic girls around but they don't play soccer.

my concern for ND would be not getting in a good run to prepare you for your next match or the possibility of injury due to playing unskilled girls. Game plan...score 2 goals in first 5-10 mins and then remove starters to avoid injury. :thumb:

There's going to be a huge disparity of talent in this game. Notre Dame needs to come out super focused and just drill a few early goals, then work for the rest of the game on situational type play like focusing on just keeping the ball moving on the pitch. It would be a bad time to make bad habits.

Everybody that gets to state has earned it, so Notre Dame needs to be careful not to overlook Dyersburng.

Having said that, I'm curious on any kind of scouting report on Dyersbug. Do they have balanced team, or some one or two strong players? What about their goalie? Do they have bench strength?

They had a pretty easy schedule. Their strongest offensive player is #5 Emma Caylor. She makes most of their goals and most assists and #7 just recovered from an injury and is helping offense. that is pretty much the only offense they have. They play with a stopper back at all times and is pretty tough to get around. The goalie is inexperienced and just now began playing about 3 weeks ago. Not much bench strength.

well from what i remember, jackson christian was not a strong team the last two years (ND has played them in state quarters), and dyersburg lost to them 0-4. but yes, ND should not take them lightly

Does Notre Dame allow Coacht access time during school hours ? :roflol:

D :roflol:

haha funny...I was at home after a SEARCH overnighter and came in late =]

Way to go LADY IRISH !

What's next? . . . Break the "Final Four" curse,

Make it to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP match

You have skill, strength, and stamina, add confidence, extreme focus, and HEART and you will be there

It's a long road to get here, don't wait for another year - JUST DO IT! now

Best of luck to the Lady Irish Team !