How good in Ensworth really?

blackmanblaze3215

Is Ensworth really as good as people think they are? They could easily be 8-2.

Let's get your thoughts on it.

Probably better than Cane Ridge or Station Camp :thumb:

To David Limbaugh:

I keep seeing post buy Oakland; Riverdale and even Smyrna supporters knocking down Blackman's schedule. Why? the regular season is over. Do you think that Blackman's schedule was kind of chicken or cheap?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensworth has had 3 very close games this season: BA, Oakland and Smyrna. In the BA and Oakland games Ensworth was matched somewhat talent wise and both teams could of won those games. In the Smyrna game EHS committed 6 turnovers in the rain. 5 fumbled handoffs and 1 INT, Smyrna should have won that game. other than those three games EHS has been in complete control of their opponents. While their scores are lower than most ranked teams they run the ball almost every play and control the clock. In the past 2 games they have thrown the ball more than they normally have and have won decisively since they have more time to score more points.

Ensworth is probably the best in the state talent wise even perhaps better than MUS. They have Richardson (probable 5 star next year) and Darkwa (25th in the nation in rushing, 7th before injury) but also factor in guys like Rodney Anderson who has potential to be better than Orleans during his Senior season. You should have seen him run against BGA, he would run over or hurdle anyone who crossed paths with him on offense. On defense he is the hardest hitter I've ever seen play in High School. Then factor in Clemson Commit Sam Cooper, D1 prospect Daniel McFadden, and many other guys getting looks from mid majors and Ivy league schools like Malcom Grigsby, Myers Beaird, Jacob Carter and Cory Sacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ensworth is probably the best in the state talent wise even perhaps better than MUS. They have Richardson (probable 5 star next year) and Darkwa (25th in the nation in rushing, 7th before injury) but also factor in guys like Rodney Anderson who has potential to be better than Orleans during his Senior season. You should have seen him run against BGA, he would run over or hurdle anyone who crossed paths with him on offense. On defense he is the hardest hitter I've ever seen play in High School. Then factor in Clemson Commit Sam Cooper, D1 prospect Daniel McFadden, and many other guys getting looks from mid majors and Ivy league schools like Malcom Grigsby, Myers Beaird, Jacob Carter and Cory Sacks.

So does this mean that COACHING is the problem???

I've got no idea how EHS's talent stacks up against MUS's. As far as I can tell, they're both loaded. But last night, coaching was the problem. Look at Bucklateral's long post on the EHS-MBA thread. He's dead-on in his assessment of where the wheels fell off for Ensworth.

I've got no idea how EHS's talent stacks up against MUS's. As far as I can tell, they're both loaded. But last night, coaching was the problem. Look at Bucklateral's long post on the EHS-MBA thread. He's dead-on in his assessment of where the wheels fell off for Ensworth.

I have friends on the team who said Bowers took responsibility for the loss following the game. I agree is was poor coaching. If MBA wouldn't have had the very short field twice (TO's on bad play calls) then it would have been a different game. But props to any high school kicker who can make two clutch 45+ field goals.

MUS would have beaten Ensworth by three touchdowns. Anyone on here that thinks otheriwise really just hasn't seen both teams play. There is really no comparison to the talent that MUS has.

You're banging the MUS drum a little too loud. The Owls have a great shot at another championship, but please tone down the rhetoric.

MUS would have beaten Ensworth by three touchdowns. Anyone on here that thinks otheriwise really just hasn't seen both teams play. There is really no comparison to the talent that MUS has.

You're banging the MUS drum a little too loud. The Owls have a great shot at another championship, but please tone down the rhetoric.

I have to agree. For somebody with "no dog in the hunt" you sure toot the horn loudly (and leave me with no tooting to do). Do you work for the MUS Ministry of Propaganda or Ministry of Recruiting? or maybe the Memphis Chamber of Commerce? :popcorneater: Seriously, though, we appreciate your support, bigval.