How good in Ensworth really?

blackmanblaze3215

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not exactly sure how a team that has played only nine games "could easily be 8-2", but hey, whatever perpetuates an argument...

Hey 'rrr'! :wacko:

It is a Blaze fan trying to justify their 1 seed compared to Riverdale's 4 and Oakland's 6

Being a non-partisan observer, how would you seed with these schedules?

Blackman (9-1, 4-1)

Tullahoma 52-0 (5A) (4-6)

Lincoln Co 41-0 (6A) (3-7)

Smyrna 10-2 (6A)* (5-5)

Cane Ridge 48-0 (5A) (0-10)

Lavergne 45-12 (6A)* (3-7)

Station Camp 45-10 (5A) (3-7)

Siegel 10-3 (6A)* (5-5)

Oakland 0-14 (6A)* (8-2)

Brentwood 35-27 (6A) (8-2)

Riverdale 14-13 (6A)* (8-2)

Oakland (8-2, 4-1)

Ensworth 20-22 (OT) (D2) (10-0)

Independence 27-0 (6A) (6-4)

Siegel 20-0 (6A)* (5-5)

Brentwood 27-7 (6A) (8-2)

Riverdale 10-13 (OT) (6A)* (8-2)

Lincoln Co 52-7 (6A) (3-7)

Lavergne 45-28 (6A)* (3-7)

Blackman 14-0 (6A)* (9-1)

Christian Co Ky 14-0 (5A) (6-4)

Smyrna 14-0 (6A)* (5-5)

Riverdale (8-2, 4-1)

Antioch 35-0 (6A) (3-7)

Hendersonville 27-28 (5A) (7-3)

Lavergne 42-7 (6A)* (3-7)

Lincoln Co 52-7 (6A) (3-7)

Oakland 13-10 (OT) (6A)* (8-2)

Farragut 20-17 (6A) (8-2)

Smyrna 30-27 (6A)* (5-5)

Siegel 7-6 (6A)* (5-5)

Cookeville 42-7 (6A) (7-3)

Blackman 13-14 (6A)* (9-1)

Blaze fans are getting frustrated at Oakland fans who point out that they lost to the Patriots and that Oakland's only two losses are to 9-0 Ensworth and 8-2 Riverdale, both in overtime. And that Oakland didn't play a Cane Ridge or a Station Camp instead :flower: That Oakland played two teams with losing records while Blackman played five. That both teams with losing records for Oakland were 6A and on Blackman's schedule as well. But that Blackman threw in 5A teams Tullahoma (4-6), Cane Ridge (0-10) and Station Camp (3-7)

So they are wondering just how good Ensworth is :blink:

I am not exactly sure how a team that has played only nine games "could easily be 8-2", but hey, whatever perpetuates an argument...

Hey 'rrr'! :wacko:

It is a Blaze fan trying to justify their 1 seed compared to Riverdale's 4 and Oakland's 6

Being a non-partisan observer, how would you seed with these schedules?

Blaze fans are getting frustrated at Oakland fans who point out that they lost to the Patriots and that Oakland's only two losses are to 9-0 Ensworth and 8-2 Riverdale, both in overtime. And that Oakland didn't play a Cane Ridge or a Station Camp instead :flower: That Oakland played two teams with losing records while Blackman played five. That both teams with losing records for Oakland were 6A and on Blackman's schedule as well. But that Blackman threw in 5A teams Tullahoma (4-6), Cane Ridge (0-10) and Station Camp (3-7)

So they are wondering just how good Ensworth is :blink:

OK, I get it now. Honestly, trying to understand the brackets has been dizzying, although I am quite interested in the controversies - just short on time to follow.

Oakland and Riverdale look like a push from a non-partisan view - Riverdale has the advantage from a head-to-head standpoint, Oakland with an apparent SOS advantage. Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman would be my guess.

I don't know how good EHS is but the 2 games they could have lost were to good Public schools. I do know that with Darkwa running behind the right side of their Oline, they are hard to stop. Their DB's fly on the defensive side. The hit on Luke Colbert was one of the top 10 hardest hits I have seen in high school football.

I don't know how good EHS is but the 2 games they could have lost were to good Public schools. I do know that with Darkwa running behind the right side of their Oline, they are hard to stop. Their DB's fly on the defensive side. The hit on Luke Colbert was one of the top 10 hardest hits I have seen in high school football.

EHS is very well coached, has good athletes, and is not flashy. They do the basics well and just dare you to stop them. The ground attack burns the clock and keeps the ball out of the other team's hands. The comeback vs Smyrna was huge, and of course, Oakland took them to overtime. The other close game was to BA, a 15-9 win. BA was very close to winning that game btw. As a BA fan, I hope we get a chance to play them again, but we have to take care of JPII and Christian Bros first. I expect MBA to get by BGA this time, and face EHS for the 2nd time. However, I don't believe MBA thinks they can beat EHS (after the first game), and if they play again I expect big problems for MBA again, that is if they get by BGA. To summarize, EHS is what their record says they are...9-0 with some quality wins and a very talented team. You beat them by keeping the ball away from them and scoring some points with long, clock burning drives.

First take away Orleans D. And you are an ok team

Second - your as good as your coaches recruit, I mean send oit open house letters to perspective students and laslty who cares

This is one of the most insightful and intelligent posts I've read in some time. Wow, a recruiting reference!

First take away Orleans D. And you are an ok team

Second - your as good as your coaches recruit, I mean send oit open house letters to perspective students and laslty who cares

This is one of the most insightful and intelligent posts I've read in some time. Wow, a recruiting reference!

Don't be rude, Doct. There's a rule requiring that recruiting be mentioned in all Div II threads. Odd how Ensworth's successful recruting is offensive, although MBA's and Ryan's not so much. The Div I posters aren't offended by illegal recruiting, just good recruiting.

When you've been here longer and had more posts, you'll understand just how unseemly sarcasm is.

If they recruit that well, I can't figure why they had so few players on their varsity team.

As to how good they are, they struck me as being very good, although they're thin. They execute well, they don't help you out much via mistakes, but a couple of key injuries would be devastating.