what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

Purcell has a District 11AA MVP on his resume and has played a lot of quality travel ball. He is indeed crafty with the ability 2 mix 3 pithches. Very difficult to tell the difference in his chang-up and his fastball, arm action is the same. I will predict him to be 82-84 or better this spring. Tought to beat when healthy. 11AA will be tough. Speaking of tough is the weather we r havin this winter. Opening day today and i can't get out of the house. We(CW) have to replace 7 position players, but do return 5 SR. arms that we will lean on heavily. Very unproven after those 5. SR. arms are Michael Donaldson(Roane St. sign.), Blaine Hooper, Josh Cox, Taylor Sherrill, and Ethan Bumpus. Should be a fun district race just not 2 day. HAHA! PEACE-MADDAWG! :roflol:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purcell's out pitch is most definitely his Changeup. Curve ball is nice. Fastball is his set-up pitch. Hopefully Foriest is more accurate this year, and maybe a catcher that can catch him would be nice.

That ain't fair. Harpeth's catcher is one of the best in the district and played for Post 19's junior team that won state in the 17U division last summer. He's solid behind the dish. Passed ball or wild pitch is a tough call on a yacker in the dirt and why throw it with 2 strikes, especially if you've got a 90+ 2 seamer at your disposal.

It is fun to watch hard throwers. You see stuff you've never seen before, like when Sycamore's Josh Knight let a pitch loose that scored the Harpeth runner from 3rd and 2nd after it passed the catcher twice. Once coming and once going. Got to see 2 K1-3 putouts in the same game last year. I'd never seen one ever, much less 2 in one game. You've got to be bringing it to get the batter to swing at it AND get the good bounce off the backstop 40 ft. behind home plate and then throw a strike to first. That's Myth Busters kind of stuff.

Purcell's out pitch is most definitely his Changeup. Curve ball is nice. Fastball is his set-up pitch. Hopefully Foriest is more accurate this year, and maybe a catcher that can catch him would be nice.

Harpeth's catcher is very good lets see u stop every 90 plus pitch that comes your way. But remember with that said all those pitches were either called strike 3 or a swing and a miss so the pitch worked. Should it have been thrown? Maybe not. But with a new coach that knows the game I dont think that will be a problem. Foriest had Games with 16,14 and 11 Ks last year. and two big 1 hiters with the oatlaws in summer ball. Sounds accurate to me.

This new coach at Harpeth seems to be serious and know the game. However, whats up with a Sunday scrimmage in week 1 of practice. From what i understand, they haven't even been on the field this week. How are they going to be prepared for a game? From a distance the new bleachers look nice and rumor is the field is in much better condition. But, have they spent too much time on the field and not enough time practicing on "the field". Sorry to be critical, but this seems to be pushing it. I like the new guy and I think he is going to help HHS. It just might be too much of an expectation for the team to play on a Sunday after very little practice.

This new coach at Harpeth seems to be serious and know the game. However, whats up with a Sunday scrimmage in week 1 of practice. From what i understand, they haven't even been on the field this week. How are they going to be prepared for a game? From a distance the new bleachers look nice and rumor is the field is in much better condition. But, have they spent too much time on the field and not enough time practicing on "the field". Sorry to be critical, but this seems to be pushing it. I like the new guy and I think he is going to help HHS. It just might be too much of an expectation for the team to play on a Sunday after very little practice.

Maybe you should take a closer look, get your butt out of the car and take a walk up to the rock. I believe the weather has had control of what can happen on the field. Also, wasn't the official first day of practice last Monday? Wow, I'm glad the Saturday scrimmage got called off, you would have really been perplexed with the new coach's "expectations."

And, I heard the coach told the team to be prepared for long practices and Saturday practices and they would get Sunday's off. Stick to a plan man.

Wow, I can see now you're gonna be a fun one this year, yet another unreasonable and unrealistic parent, great!

I think it's a good idea to have a scrimmage this early for the simple fact you see where your team stands & you see where your teams weak & strong points are

I think it's a good idea to have a scrimmage this early for the simple fact you see where your team stands & you see where your teams weak & strong points are

I agree, scrimmage early and often. So, how did the scrimmage go?

I think Harpeth got to see where they were................which is the whole idea. The guys that were a little late because of church made it to the game. Even had a couple of preachers in the audience. It was all good.

Blaine Marlin and Nathan Foriest played like seniors should, our pitiful catcher managed to throw out a couple of guys on the basepaths and it looked like a scrimmage the first week of practice usually looks. Threw 7 pitchers if memory serves. Fastballs and changeups only it looked like to me. Put the bat on the ball, made a few defensive miscues and the base running wasn't great. Basically saw the things that needed to be improved upon on a great day to play 2! The crowd probably rivaled a district game crowd. Wind blowing in on the Rock today. A pitcher's day.