what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up with all of Harpeth's players being required to be early and stay late for field prep, batting practice, varsity games, jv games, and cleanup. Will they get a break. Now Jones is giving them all a varsity jersey. What a slap in the face. I thought he was gonna have two separate teams so it did not turn into last years problem of no jv games. I am getting tired of him changing his mind all the time. STICK TO WHAT YOU SAY PLEASE!!!

Ok, this is crap!

Field prep is part of being a player for most high school teams. It teaches discipline, self sacrifice and teamwork. Most good high school programs do this. That field didn't build itself and if you were around last year, you know how far the field has come. If you weren't around 5 years ago, you don't know how far it dropped. I guarantee you that nobody gets there before Coach Jones and nobody leaves later than him. He's on a mower or a 4 wheeler dragging the field lot's of times after the player's have left. Coach Pomeroy spends his days off working on that field. Having the player's take a little personal pride in their team and their field is the minimum that should be expected of them.

Whats up with all of Harpeth's players being required to be early and stay late for field prep, batting practice, varsity games, jv games, and cleanup. Will they get a break. Now Jones is giving them all a varsity jersey. What a slap in the face. I thought he was gonna have two separate teams so it did not turn into last years problem of no jv games. I am getting tired of him changing his mind all the time. STICK TO WHAT YOU SAY PLEASE!!!

Here is "Whats up"...I have 22 guys committed to me and this program. We are one team and they all deserve a jersey, jv or varsity playing time, and recognition for turning things around in less than a year. I/We now do things in a first class manner that includes commitment at a level this team has never been asked to provide. This includes field preparation, batting practice, all games, cleanup, fund-raising, and attitude. Quit trying to tear us down. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TAKE YOUR SON AND LEAVE.(and quit hiding behind this screen name)(yes, i am calling you out, step up)

COACH JONES

Here is "Whats up"...I have 22 guys committed to me and this program. We are one team and they all deserve a jersey, jv or varsity playing time, and recognition for turning things around in less than a year. I/We now do things in a first class manner that includes commitment at a level this team has never been asked to provide. This includes field preparation, batting practice, all games, cleanup, fund-raising, and attitude. Quit trying to tear us down. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TAKE YOUR SON AND LEAVE.(and quit hiding behind this screen name)(yes, i am calling you out, step up)

COACH JONES

I am in 100% agrrement with Coach Jones. Quit trying to tear us down, if you would jump on board you would see that the boys are having FUN playing baseball. If you don't like leave and if you are afraid to speak to Coach Jones then come see me. My screen name doesn't hide who I am. With that said you are now called out twice!!! :roll:

Right! There were guys in the parking lot hanging out and talking about the game an hour after the field work had been done. After practice Monday, 6 or 7 guys stuck around for extra B.P. and fielding ON THEIR OWN. We had to turn the lights off to get them to leave.

Reminded me of 'The Crew' from the old days when Harpeth was going to state and sending 7 kids off their starting line up to play college ball. Those guys bought in and worked hard. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Make that three times. I can't believe how much the same group of guys has chanced in one year. It have been great to see the team come together. Its like nothing i have ever seen. It is fun to go to the games again. They are playing better than I new they could and its all because they are having fun and playing as a team. So if you dont buy in feel free to go home. The other 98% like what we see and want more of it. Thanks to ALL the coaches for your hard work and for the love of Harpeth baseball. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

OpinionDad, You know its really easy to stand on the hill and take long range shots at a coach. I am sure if you would just speak to Coach Jones and explain to him your son's special requirements he would be very accomodating. heck, lets just start making working on the field voluntary, so as not to infringe on any of the players civil liberties. Or maybe we could contact the Nashville Sounds ground crew and see what they would charge to maintain our field, we got tons of money.

Or, we could just get on board and quit with the BS. I can't figure opiniondad out, one post he likes what he sees, the next time he takes a shot, the next time he likey the attitude and discipline. Give me a break, how do you think you develop the right attitude and the discipline? Everyone does the work!

In a very short period of time this new coaching staff has accomplished everything we could have ever asked them to do, except one thing. I can't figure out if they have one more whiner on the team that is spreading a virus or just a parent who likes to get us all fired up. If their is a player on this team who is not happy with the current state of HARPETH, go to the coaches and talk to them. If you can't or are unwilling to do that, please just keep your negativity to yourself.

We got way too much positive energy going on right now to let one little INDIAN bring us down!!

Called out again!!

Scott Willcutt

Scott Willcutt