what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

Jeez! Does it ever stop in this community. There is actually a rumor that I'm the OpinionDad... I'M NOT!

Listen, I'm a parent of two JV players on the team... that both play limited Varsity... not happy about it... however, I've coached 80% of these boys since they were 5 years old for about 60% of their baseball careers... I know where my boys are and honestly the line up that's on the field today is what I would have if I were the coach. You don't do your child any justice if you can't see the truth of it all. It's real simple... a coaches job is to WIN baseball games. Successful programs build successful players.. successful players gain scholarships. One of my boys is better on the wresting mat than on a baseball field... that success is going to pay for his college. If he wants to EARN his playing time then he will do the things that he needs to do to get better. I remind both of mine this every weekend when they are sitting on the couch texting their girlfriends for a few hours.

If your child is not spending the "extra" time at home doing what they need to do to get better to EARN their playing time - SHUT UP! Stop being a Teeball Mom or Dad!

Not sure who you are, but I'll tell you this. The baseball team is headed in the right direction. I may not always agree with ALL things that are done and if I don't... anyone who knows me knows that I address the issue directly, I don't hide behind a made up screen name.

The bottom line is this. For a team to be successful you must have these things... Discipline, Respect, Character and Pride in your program. Successful coaches will always have someone crying foul because of their "toughness" or "hard-stance".. especially when little Johnny, who has been told how great they are their entire life, is sitting the pine.

Do you child and yourself a favor. Be realistic with you and your child's expectations. From my experience being honest with yourself and with your child will lead to guaranteed success... one way or another. Athletics teaches life skills if you approach it in the right manner. You learn to overcome defeat. You learn how to work harder to achieve success. You learn how to battle through difficult struggles.

If you spend more time blaming someone else for YOUR shortcomings... well the result will not change. I've seen it happen with player after player over the years. The ones who cried the hardest when these boys were 9-12 years old are not even playing anymore because they could never take the approach that maybe their kid just needed to work a little harder. It's NOT always the coaches fault. Coaches don't strike out, make overthrows, make boneheaded plays, miss signs, etc... players do. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE YOURSELF THE BEST PLAYER YOU CAN BE... This should be your mantra! If it's not... you don't need to complain about playing time.

As Coach Jones stated below. If you don't like it ... LEAVE! As for me... I've got too much time and energy invested in baseball in this community. My kid is going to be working for something... In my opinion, there is not enough "extra" that you can do if you want to achieve greatness. If you're not willing to put in the "extra"... you're not willing to do what it takes. If you're not willing to do what it takes... we don't want you here anyway!

Yes I want my kids on the field as much as possible... but I want them to earn their spot... I don't want them there because I bitched the most. That teaches them nothing!

So There!

Bo Bradshaw

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the trend continues... A small group of turd parents are trying to ruin what could be a beautiful sports marriage. Please understand that playing high school athletics should be considered an opportunity and a privilege and is voluntary. Your job as a parent is to support the coach and the school and is not to try to stir the pot or get someone fired because you do not agree with them. As stated before, if your problem with the coach or the values he is trying to instill into your child, which you apparently have not, is an issue.... GET OUT! Coach Jones was warned of these types of isolated ignorance and accepted the job knowing that he would have to deal with a small number of loud mouth and opinionated idiots. This is a man that is good at what he does, hates to lose, stands up for what he believes in, and will not change nor run out of Kingston Springs because of ridiculousness such as this... I would expect that opiniondad would most likely call the school board and complain about Coach Jones facial hair, the way he wears his hat, the times where his is the only car in the parking lot (he must be doing something wrong), or that his signal for steal requires him to touch his nose or ear or Heaven forbid BELT. If that doesn't work, maybe opiniondad will throw dead squirrels (or goats) in the back of Coach Jones truck since he doesn't live in the Woodlands... Do your thing Coach Jones, if it doesn't work out and all else fails, maybe you will end up in a school district where they actually pay you for your efforts, allow you a full planning period, and have athletes and parents that make you feel the appreciation that you deserve.

Well opiniondad if you haven't figured it out by now your opinion would be better off kept to yourself. Non of us TRUE HARPETH parents want to hear your BS. How many hours have you spent working on our facilities? Apparently not enough to understand it is a team effort. If your baby is having to work to hard go back to rec ball.

Creek Wood went 1-2 in Wilson Co. Invite. Played poorly defensively on Friday and lost to Station Camp 8-3 and was run-ruled by Host Mt. Juliet 13-0. Came back Sat. with a nice 4-2 win over Fanklin. Sherrill threw well D showed up. We stand at 4-5 and 2-0 in 11AA. What is everybody's records overall and in district thus far. Who plays who this week. Help me out folks. PEACE-OUT!!!! :popcorneater::flower:

Camden is 7-1 and 2-0 district. The bats are hot right now. Last week they scored 45 runs in three games and this week they have scored 21 in two games. However, we haven't seen a lot of real quality pitching with the test being when we play Creekwood Monday and Tuesday.

Creek Wood went 1-2 in Wilson Co. Invite. Played poorly defensively on Friday and lost to Station Camp 8-3 and was run-ruled by Host Mt. Juliet 13-0. Came back Sat. with a nice 4-2 win over Fanklin. Sherrill threw well D showed up. We stand at 4-5 and 2-0 in 11AA. What is everybody's records overall and in district thus far. Who plays who this week. Help me out folks. PEACE-OUT!!!! :flower::popcorneater:

Camden is 7-1 and 2-0 district. The bats are hot right now. Last week they scored 45 runs in three games and this week they have scored 21 in two games. However, we haven't seen a lot of real quality pitching with the test being when we play Creekwood Monday and Tuesday.

Who has Camden played beside Cheatham

coacht has schedule for all teams and most have the results of games that have been played just gotta lookem up..really looking foward to camden cw games this coming week,should be good measuring stick for both clubs..donaldson and cox bring alot of experiance to the hump for cw and the D tends to be stingy behind them in district play so if camden bats are hot wll make for some exciting games.. these run ruled games are not what i drive so far and pay 5 bucks to see..(JUST SAYING)wish all the best in the season and wecome camden to the district..joy to the world

Coacht's schedule and scoreboard features are only as good as the guys from the schools who supply the information. It's not always done.

For instance, if you'll look at Camden's baseball schedule, you won't find any games with Stewart County or Montgomery Central. It was the same in football and basketball because nobody from Camden, Stewart Co. or Montgomery Central is inputting the information. All of the games on their schedule that are posted are posted by their opponents. If you're a fan and have a schedule, post the games and the scores.

We saw how we matched up tonight against Creekwood. Creekwood was fundamentally sound and we were fundamentally horrible. The pitching and defense forgot to show up. 11 walks and 7 of them were on 4 pitches. Fielding errors and mental errors all around. Three runners picked off bases. The only bright spots we had were solo homeruns by the 3, 4, and 5 hitters. Final score Creekwood 13 Camden 3. Hopefully tomorrow we will play a more solid game and see what happens.