Why won't anyone give Blackman any love??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is very simple. Both Riverdale and Oakland have a powerful past. These two schools have each had their day in the sun as top powers of the county. Many posters on this form are long time supporters of their schools and are very proud folk. To get respect in Rutherford County it must be earned. Yes Blackman beat Riverdale this year, but it was the first time in school history. As for Smyrna, I think it is a coach thing. Blackman's current coach was a long time Bulldog and lead Smyrna to two State Titles. Now though some twist and turns he is back in the county leading a rival school to the play-offs. *Please note that Blackman does not get the same treatment from Siegel and Lavergne. Why? These programs don't have the winning traditions as Smyrna, Riverdale and Oakland.

But as for the love? All Blackman has to do is keep winning not just this year but into the future. There is little room on top of the Rutherford County Football Mountain and those who are there like the view and are not fond of sharing the real estate.

Blackman must continue to win and the respect "love" will be earned. From what I can see from this year, the view from the mountain is good.

I'm from Division I and I live up here in God's Country just in case yall wondered where it was. I'm 20 miles from the Virginia border and 45 miles from the North Carolina border. The water is clean. After about week three I responded to Waco's top 10 and declared Blackman the 6A 2009 State Champ. So just so you know you are thought about. It is interesting that even though you have a relatively loosing program that you still put people regularly in college on scholarship.

The worse thing you guys could do it post anymore of the videos of yall playing the wack teams yall have played.. Playing them teams make it seems as every one of your backs have Chris Johnson speed.. In my eyes Oakland is still the team to beat and until that happens I def don't jump on the Blackman wagon... Oakland gets the repeat..

I think it is very simple. Both Riverdale and Oakland have a powerful past. These two schools have each had their day in the sun as top powers of the county. Many posters on this form are long time supporters of their schools and are very proud folk. To get respect in Rutherford County it must be earned. Yes Blackman beat Riverdale this year, but it was the first time in school history. As for Smyrna, I think it is a coach thing. Blackman's current coach was a long time Bulldog and lead Smyrna to two State Titles. Now though some twist and turns he is back in the county leading a rival school to the play-offs. *Please note that Blackman does not get the same treatment from Siegel and Lavergne. Why? These programs don't have the winning traditions as Smyrna, Riverdale and Oakland.

But as for the love? All Blackman has to do is keep winning not just this year but into the future. There is little room on top of the Rutherford County Football Mountain and those who are there like the view and are not fond of sharing the real estate.

Blackman must continue to win and the respect "love" will be earned. From what I can see from this year, the view from the mountain is good.

bblaze3215 Ithink mrdonkey hit it on the head it's more about the past than the present. I'm a fan and alum of Maryville and a couple of times we have been ranked Nationally, but the team that was ranked IMHO was ranked because of what the teams had accomplished before them. Were they good? yes but probably not as good as some of the previous MHS teams. the point is if Blackman keeps winning now the future teams will benefit from it in the respect "love" category. For an example closer to you check out your own wrestling team they get plenty and well deserved respect from all over the state but they have had a couple of good seasons. Patton, who if not for a freak injury would have been a state champion last year and Kennedy who will have a real shot at a title this year and several other young men have put the state on notice that the Blaze wrestling team is a force to be reckoned with and if we polled coacht in this sport there would be some "love". I would tell you to just go out and win it all but I can't do that seeing as my Rebels are still in it.LOL Something else that is kind of interesting in the lifetime membership that solomon is doing is if you read peoples brackets before you see where they are from you can just about guess it every time. People in the east have no idea how good or bad teams from the west are and vise versa, we just don't get to see them.

The worse thing you guys could do it post anymore of the videos of yall playing the wack teams yall have played.. Playing them teams make it seems as every one of your backs have Chris Johnson speed.. In my eyes Oakland is still the team to beat and until that happens I def don't jump on the Blackman wagon... Oakland gets the repeat..

I am glad that they teach football at Oakland. Because "im_tj_m" you sure did not get much of an education. It should be "Playing those teams not Playing them teams".

Next: lostolddad - correction it should be "Mormon Tabernacle Choir". Hope you get to see the game this Friday. I'm not sure if you still able to drive after dark.

I have NEVER said I could spell correctly. Can drive at night just fine. My not being able to go to last weeks games was because I had 4 stints inserted to correct blood flow in my legs. The only reason I am NOT driving now is because I will NOT drive while on ANY pain killers. Some of us OLD folks actually care about other folks in the world and not endangering them by driving impaired.

It is not this weeks game I am interested in but the game on Friday the thirteenth!

Now guess why that date is considered unlucky. :lol:

Blackman is just as good as anyone. Everyone was saying that they would get dominated in their last three games, but yet they game out and won 2 out of 3 games, and probably could have beat Oakland. Now that they are in the playoffs they are still saying that they will get beat.

What do ya'll think?

PBD - No IFs here - LOL!!!

Blackman - played three (3) playoff teams (Oakland, Brentwood, Riverdale)

Oakland - played six (6) playoff teams (Ensworth, Independence, Brentwood, Riverdale, Blackman, Christian Co KY)

Riverdale - played five (5) playoff teams (Hendersonville, Oakland, Farragut, Cookeville, Blackman)

Combined wins-losses of opponents:

Blackman 47-53 - and played 3 5A teams with a combined record of 7-23

Oakland 63-37 - played one 5A team - Christian Co Ky (6-4) who is a top seed in their bracket

Riverdale 58-42 - played one 5A team - Hendersonville (7-3) who made the playoffs

No Ifs there - just the facts that Blackman did not play the schedule of Oakland or Riverdale or even Smyrna.

And have the same schedule next year.

And this has nothing to do with how good Blackman is. They may win five more games (I hope someone in our county does). But the system that awards playing one schedule over another to determine seeding and home team is what is not good.