Hilltoppers

bringiton34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my son is gone from last year's team and he and i would tell you that he loved playing for coach smith, ....here is smith's coaching record....these records are pulled from the tennessee high school data base that keeps every score from every game...whether you like him or hate him here it is:

SCOTT SMITH'S HEAD FOOTBALL COACHING RECORD

YEAR WINS LOSSES TEAM LOCATION

1996 3 8 GREENBRIER GREENBRIER, TENNESSEE

1997 4 6 GREENBRIER

1999 9 3 EZELL-HARDING NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE

2000 5 5 EZELL-HARDING

2001 15 0 EZELL-HARDING (2001 CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONS)

2002 12 1 EZELL-HARDING

2003 9 4 EZELL-HARDING

2004 0 0 INDEPENDENCE FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE-NEW SCHOOL

2005 ***1 ***9 INDEPENDENCE (1ST YEAR OF VARSITY PROGRAM - NO SENIORS)

2006 7 4 INDEPENDENCE

2007 3 7 SCIENCE HILL JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE

2008 7 4 SCIENCE HILL

2009 4 6 SCIENCE HILL

TOTAL 77 49 61% WINNING PERCENTAGE

SCOTT SMITH'S STATE PLAY-OFF RECORD

WINS LOSSES

10 6

I think Scott is a pretty darn good football coach myself, but I think he's an ill fit at Science Hill. I saw them last summer and I don't think he has the personnel there to coach what he knows best.

I think the guy gets a bad rap for one or two statements he has made in the past, but I had a cousin who played for him and he loves the guy. I think he would do best to come back to Middle Tennessee and coach in a more familiar setting, with a different type of pressure than being the only show in Johnson City.

I don't know if he would be my first choice there, but Siegel and Wilson Central could both do a lot worse than Smith, and those jobs are well within his comfort zone and professional footprint.

it's not the only show in Johnson City because he got killed by the county boys this year. if it had not been for bad officiating he would have gotten beat by both the county boys. It was so bad against Boone that when the game ended he had 27 fans in the stands. The parents wouldn't even stay and watch.

The truth is: He ran his mouth and has not been able to back it up. He makes bad decisions on play calling and struggles knowing where to put players.

It's funny that the only ones on here backing him are the ones that are not here in NET. His buddies who are trying to help him keep his job. I'm not a SH fan but I have a lot of friends who are and it is time for him to go.

What about Coach McCurry from Greeneville HS? He turned things around there pretty quick and I hear he still has a house in Greeneville. 2 back to back conference championships and hosting Maryville in the 4-A semi-finals.

THis would not surprise me at all. McCurry is a GOOD Defenseive coach and could bring some much needed discipline to The Hill. And he does still have a house here.

What about Coach McCurry from Greeneville HS? He turned things around there pretty quick and I hear he still has a house in Greeneville. 2 back to back conference championships and hosting Maryville in the 4-A semi-finals.

THis would not surprise me at all. McCurry is a GOOD Defenseive coach and could bring some much needed discipline to The Hill. And he does still have a house here.

yes and I heard he just resigned his position in mooresville citing "personal reasons"