Hilltoppers

bringiton34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view is that sooner or later ETSU will return to it's football program. I would think that it very well could be Stacy's long term goal. Science Hill being one of the stepping stones.

If someone had a good head on their shoulders, I could see something like that. But realistically, ETSU and their athletic program will do the most wrong wrong wrong choice for the job that they can. They will go out of state, trying to find someone who has the college coaching experience or something along those lines. I'd see it as something akin to what SH did when they did their search...they will go outside the area.

If Smitty is gone, look to the West, say at Carson Newman. The word is Coach Turner who left on his own would like to return. A no nonsense man who gets along with his players and brings an adult image back to the program. He understands about championships and fund raising. Are they building a new stadium and field house in JC? :twisted:

If Smitty is gone, look to the West, say at Carson Newman. The word is Coach Turner who left on his own would like to return. A no nonsense man who gets along with his players and brings an adult image back to the program. He understands about championships and fund raising. Are they building a new stadium and field house in JC? :D

They are building a new stadium and have put together a fund raising committee to raise funds for a new field house. Coach Turner was at the last SH home game to watch a couple of SH players that are being recruited by CN and there was a lot of talk in the stands about him being the next coach.

Rumors are all we will hear and at this point there is no official word that SS has been let go...

Best of luck to Greenville this week-end!

If Smitty is gone, look to the West, say at Carson Newman. The word is Coach Turner who left on his own would like to return. A no nonsense man who gets along with his players and brings an adult image back to the program. He understands about championships and fund raising. Are they building a new stadium and field house in JC? :D

They are building a new stadium and have put together a fund raising committee to raise funds for a new field house. Coach Turner was at the last SH home game to watch a couple of SH players that are being recruited by CN and there was a lot of talk in the stands about him being the next coach.

Rumors are all we will hear and at this point there is no official word that SS has been let go...

Best of luck to Greenville this week-end!

New stadium's and field houses look nice, but they will not make your football team any better. Just ask the people in Kingsport.

you know that coach smith is getting tired of hearing this eveyday at work and in the community....i think there weight program starts tomorrow...amazing that no one knows anything about what is going on......well, i wish him the best, i am sure he will find a good job somewhere else if he is let go....seems like he did not get much of a chance :D