6A and 5A Champs: Call it now

marked

With Rd. 1 set to kick off tonight, what are you early predictions? I have to say, the two teams that I have watched the most this year are my favorites. Beech is the best team I have watched all season regardless of classification and I think everyone is seriously underestimating Roger Perry and the MJ Bears. The Bears will be on an unstoppable roll after a win over the Pats tonight.

5a - Beech Bucs

6a - Mt. Juliet Golden Bears

In a little over a month, I will respond with my predictions fulfilled.

Don't give me any crap about M'boro schools either. Any of them will be lucky to see the 3rd round.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Beech is a very solid team. However, I say if there is ever a year where Henry County should win a state championship, 2009 is the year. We'll see if they can finally get it done after making the semifinals each of the last 3 seasons.

As for 6A, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, Franklin, Brentwood are all legitimate contenders for the state championship as well as Maryville no matter what people say. George Quarles is still the head coach. Also, who knows, there might even be a surprise or two out of West TN like Whitehaven or Germantown or White Station.

As for Mount Juliet, they have had a terrific season, but I don't see them beating Oakland in the first round and then Riverdale or Blackman in the quarterfinals AND then a team like Maryville in the semifinals, only to then play a team like Brentwood, Franklin, Germantown, Whitehaven, or White Station in the state championship game. I think that is just probably too much to ask of a program that hasn't been past the 2nd round each of the last 3 seasons.

So, I'll say Oakland wins the 6A state championship even though for some reason I feel like I should being saying Maryville instead. However, the only thing everyone should be able to agree on is whoever wins it all in 6A will likely have had a pretty tough slate of games to play to do it.

With Rd. 1 set to kick off tonight, what are you early predictions? I have to say, the two teams that I have watched the most this year are my favorites. Beech is the best team I have watched all season regardless of classification and I think everyone is seriously underestimating Roger Perry and the MJ Bears. The Bears will be on an unstoppable roll after a win over the Pats tonight.

5a - Beech Bucs

6a - Mt. Juliet Golden Bears

In a little over a month, I will respond with my predictions fulfilled.

Don't give me any crap about M'boro schools either. Any of them will be lucky to see the 3rd round.

Well given that Blackman faces McGavock, and Riverdale faces Coffee Co., its almost a given. If you want to shut us up, then knock us out. Ask our former brethren in region 3, its not that easy. 8 State Championships in the last 15 years, there usually is a reason.