Brainerd at Greeneville

DevilMan03

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone find the Panther band......entertaining?

I was pondering a way to bring that up. Glad you mentioned it, Barb. Let me see if I can put this in your words...IMO, their little 26 member band absolutely beat the "fire snot" out of our army of an ensemble. I was thoroughly entertained by them the entire night...even up to the very last play they were into it...TWO :roflol::roflol: to the Brainerd band and also Brainerd team for never saying die.

I was pondering a way to bring that up. Glad you mentioned it, Barb. Let me see if I can put this in your words...IMO, their little 26 member band absolutely beat the "fire snot" out of our army of an ensemble. I was thoroughly entertained by them the entire night...even up to the very last play they were into it...TWO :thumb::lol: to the Brainerd band and also Brainerd team for never saying die.

They (Brainerd Band) played about two notes all night. It reallly found them to be a bit too much. But they did give 100% in the effort department, just not my style.

I was pondering a way to bring that up. Glad you mentioned it, Barb. Let me see if I can put this in your words...IMO, their little 26 member band absolutely beat the "fire snot" out of our army of an ensemble. I was thoroughly entertained by them the entire night...even up to the very last play they were into it...TWO :thumb::lol: to the Brainerd band and also Brainerd team for never saying die.

That would be where we disagree....I really enjoyed the drum line but thought the dance team was vulgar and tasteless....I can't think of too many of us that would allow our teenage daughters to perform a routine composed entirely of hip gyrations and pelvic thrusts thinly veiled by the title "marching band". I have been around a while and thought I'd seen everything but I thought it was disgusting and offensive. Several mothers sitting close to me saw it as the perfect time to take their children to the concession stand( I thought I was gonna have to take the 'ol man too). I guess we're gonna have to preview a visiting school's half-time show from now own to make sure its G rated.

Great thoughts Barb! Where was the adult(s) (band director) in allowing that type of dancing to be a part of a high school band program? The Pride of the Devils may be considered conservative, but let's not encourage our youth by allowing them to dance around like... well let's just keep it tasteful. The drum line did pound on the drums.

That would be where we disagree....I really enjoyed the drum line but thought the dance team was vulgar and tasteless....I can't think of too many of us that would allow our teenage daughters to perform a routine composed entirely of hip gyrations and pelvic thrusts thinly veiled by the title "marching band". I have been around a while and thought I'd seen everything but I thought it was disgusting and offensive. Several mothers sitting close to me saw it as the perfect time to take their children to the concession stand( I thought I was gonna have to take the 'ol man too). I guess we're gonna have to preview a visiting school's half-time show from now own to make sure its G rated.

Well, now I'm embarassed because I didn't see all that that you described. I saw them take the field at half, watched for a second, but I had my own plumbing issues to take care of at halftime, then of course had to grab a green & white.

But, each time I glanced at the field, I just saw a lot of life out there. Now, with that said and without going into much further detail, I've been around awhile too, and I've seen what I'm sure is just as bad if not worse than what you described.

It's a big world out there when you venture out of rural east Tennessee. I really missed the vulgarity you described, because I wasn't in the stands much of halftime. My positive reaction was primarily toward the drum line. They were very good and they worked hard all night, even from the stands.

If you saw the dancers in the stands you saw way too much. It wasn't just on the field at the half. I know many thought it was enteratining, but where are standards? Cant pray an opening prayer, but can dance around like... Oh well let's keep it clean.

I think the appropriate term in the current vernacular is "hoochie" and it was made much worse by the guys in the stands waving dollar bills at them.