Maryville vs. McMinn County - 2nd Round

Red Rebels

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great win by Maryville last night. Even when Maryville got behind 17-14 they never panicked. Philip Juhlin is a great quarterback. Buddy Jones and Jacob West ran hard. Stian Romberg made some outstanding catches. Dez Horne and Clarence Langley made some nice catches. Maryville moved the ball very well but made too many mistakes. McMinn never really stopped Maryville.

Cy Ables and Tevin McDermit are outstanding football players. McMinn County played their guts out. I didn't go to the first McMinn/Maryville game but wondered how in the world did Maryville beat this bunch 49-6.

Maryville's defense bent a lot but stopped McMinn when they had to. I noticed McMinn ran more to Dalton Curtis side instead of Lee Bristol's side. Bristol is an outstanding player.

The officiating was terrible. I hope those guys never come back. They were drama queens. They spotted the ball several times when I thought the Maryville player went further than the ball was spotted. The call on the punt was awful. Maryvile should have had the ball but penalized 10 yards. The play that got me out of my seat was Clint Cox(33) was running torward the quarterback and the right tackle tackled Cox. He grabbed Cox and threw him down. The play was out in the open and no call was made. Everyone in the stands saw it but the refs didn't. George Quarles hardly says anything to the refs but he got a 15 yrd penalty called against him.

That was a great win by Maryville last night. Even when Maryville got behind 17-14 they never panicked. Philip Juhlin is a great quarterback. Buddy Jones and Jacob West ran hard. Stian Romberg made some outstanding catches. Dez Horne and Clarence Langley made some nice catches. Maryville moved the ball very well but made too many mistakes. McMinn never really stopped Maryville.

Goodur point RebullRon.......Once Mairvul got beehind, thay wint bak two tha opshun (which thay run vurry good agin MackMinn inn tha furst gaim) and thay nevur rilly stopped hit....And then aftur MackMinn and tha refs scorred that feeled gole.....Mairvul pounded them on tha ground and r-u-n-n-o-f-t ovur 5 minnetts, runnin' that clock and "Moovin' Tham Chains" and kneed hit out!!!!!...... :roflol: