WHH @ TROUSDALE...Doomsday Part 1

slimshady

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i cant believe people think Trousdale is actually good just because the best team they played was Friendship and Red Boiling Springs White House Heritage is gonna come to trousdale and hit them in the mouth look for a upset Jackets sorry but your not that good

beeznuts....have you lost your mind? TC is gonna ground and pound WHH. :ph34r: We'll see whos doing all the hittin on the field FryDay night. Tell them teammates of yours to bring extra jockstraps. :roflol:

You TC people sure have been poppin off at the mouth this week. By the way who was it that said ya'll ain't lost a game in the state of TN in 2 yrs? Is your record not 9-1 this year. Lets see 9 wins 1 loss, I guess we need to crown ya'll as champs and let everybody else go home.

Who gives a $#!^ about the past 2 decades.

Its time for you to move out of yo mamma's house, grow up, and get over your high school football. Last I checked this game ain't over yet.

C you boys tomorrow night!

It sounds like someone is upset that they didn't make the team. Your mom was right football is too dangerous, but think of all the friends you made playing Dungeon and Dragons :roflol: Make sure you get to the game early. It usually ain't over in the first few minutes.

MOM, FIX ME SOME MEATLOAF......

So does anyone know if Ford will go yet? From the sound of it he could probably rest for another week, but will he? Also whats the injury front for WHH or any other TC players?

I highly doubt Ford will play this week. Don't know of any other injuries to speak of. I see where you stay on the 5A/6A boards for the most part. What team to you follow?

Is Ford #4 ?

I did watch a Youtube video of TC VS FCS. It looks like it was filmed from the FCS point of view. But it did show your facility. The field and Bleachers look nice. Are they new. I figure the field has been there for a long time just wondering about the stadium. TC looked pretty good in that video. Looks like 4 has pretty good speed. I didnt see any pass plays....wondering what kind of arm your QB has, and receivers.? Looks like wing t. something arather.

Someone asked about injuries to WHH...one starter is still nursing a injury from earlier in the yr.(lower body) Most everyone else is 100 %

The field was a horse racing track at one time....Andrew Jackson used to bring his horses here to race. They say it was his favorite place to come. Id say the field has been there at least 30 years. But it has been improved continuously. Maybe one of these days we can upgrade our scoreboard..the one we have now only does 2 digits under score. :roflol:

Thanks Slim....Horse track huh. Wow. I played on that field in 83' how many yrs is that ago. I think I saw a couple of those horse races. =)).

Hey I found a new website that is an online newspaper here in White House....it is http://www.thewhitehousestar.com. Here is a article John Ferguson wrote this week . There is another article on the site that explains the continuous struggle between White House High and White House Heritage.

Pretty Much Everything Small town football SHOULD BE. Enjoy...

To the players and coaches of the White House-Heritage football team ...

Dear Patriots,

Your hard work and perseverance have paid off. Congratulations! We have been waiting for that first playoff win for years, and seeing it or reading about it fills our hearts with pride for you and our little town. We're so happy for you.

Now, however, your hard work has yielded you a much more difficult task - facing the Yellow Jackets of Trousdale County, whose program has become synonymous with small-school football excellence. No doubt you've heard the stories about the program and its history ... about their longtime dominance since before you or your parents were born. About their fantastic facilities and fanatical following. About how the entire county seems to pack itself around the hundred yards of hallowed ground in the center of town.

Here's our advice, our wish for you - embrace the moment. Embrace it all.

You have earned the opportunity that very few athletes ever get to experience - a chance to test yourself against the very best, the number one, in an environment right out of a movie. It may seem daunting, but heroic tales and vivid memories are seldom born from average circumstances. Embrace the opportunity.

Enjoy the bus ride out with your friends - those opportunities don't come your whole life. Breathe in the feelings in the locker room, preparing for the battle. Look your teammates square in the eye, knowing that when you step out onto that field, you go as one. Muster your courage, and remember what that feels like - courage is a learned emotion, and you'll need it later in life. Listen to your coaches - rarely will you have people believe in you and want you to succeed as much as those men. Embrace the feelings.

When you run out onto that field, do so with your whole heart. They'll have fans, but you'll have fans, too. That's what makes sport so great - two teams, two groups of people rooting for opposite sides, yet all wanting basically the same thing. It will be loud and rowdy - another thing that few people will ever get to experience. Look around. Take it in. Breathe. Embrace the environment.

Once the game starts, play with everything you have. Be smart. Run fast. Hit hard. Smile, because it's a game, and should be fun to play. Give it your all, and we'll be right behind you, every step of the way. Embrace the game.

Don't think you don't have a chance. Your program has walked into unfriendly confines before and come away with an underdog victory. Coach Brown and his staff have a plan. Work together. Believe. Embrace the chance you've earned.

Do all that, and the result will take care of itself ... in fact, the result, win or lose, will fade in comparison to the moment. Maybe not right away, but over time, the moment will be more vivid than the result.

Embrace the moment.

Sincerely,

The city of White House (this week, we're all Patriots)

Thanks Slim....Horse track huh. Wow. I played on that field in 83' how many yrs is that ago. I think I saw a couple of those horse races. =)).

Hey I found a new website that is an online newspaper here in White House....it is http://www.thewhitehousestar.com. Here is a article John Ferguson wrote this week . There is another article on the site that explains the continuous struggle between White House High and White House Heritage.

Dear Patriots,

Your hard work and perseverance have paid off. Congratulations! We have been waiting for that first playoff win for years, and seeing it or reading about it fills our hearts with pride for you and our little town. We're so happy for you.

Now, however, your hard work has yielded you a much more difficult task - facing the Yellow Jackets of Trousdale County, whose program has become synonymous with small-school football excellence. No doubt you've heard the stories about the program and its history ... about their longtime dominance since before you or your parents were born. About their fantastic facilities and fanatical following. About how the entire county seems to pack itself around the hundred yards of hallowed ground in the center of town.

You have earned the opportunity that very few athletes ever get to experience - a chance to test yourself against the very best, the number one, in an environment right out of a movie. It may seem daunting, but heroic tales and vivid memories are seldom born from average circumstances. Embrace the opportunity.

Enjoy the bus ride out with your friends - those opportunities don't come your whole life. Breathe in the feelings in the locker room, preparing for the battle. Look your teammates square in the eye, knowing that when you step out onto that field, you go as one. Muster your courage, and remember what that feels like - courage is a learned emotion, and you'll need it later in life. Listen to your coaches - rarely will you have people believe in you and want you to succeed as much as those men. Embrace the feelings.

When you run out onto that field, do so with your whole heart. They'll have fans, but you'll have fans, too. That's what makes sport so great - two teams, two groups of people rooting for opposite sides, yet all wanting basically the same thing. It will be loud and rowdy - another thing that few people will ever get to experience. Look around. Take it in. Breathe. Embrace the environment.

Once the game starts, play with everything you have. Be smart. Run fast. Hit hard. Smile, because it's a game, and should be fun to play. Give it your all, and we'll be right behind you, every step of the way. Embrace the game.

Don't think you don't have a chance. Your program has walked into unfriendly confines before and come away with an underdog victory. Coach Brown and his staff have a plan. Work together. Believe. Embrace the chance you've earned.

Do all that, and the result will take care of itself ... in fact, the result, win or lose, will fade in comparison to the moment. Maybe not right away, but over time, the moment will be more vivid than the result.

Embrace the moment.

Sincerely,

Newblue, that's quite an article. That's really what high school football is about, especially small

town ball like ours. The atmosphere here is awesome. The facilities have changed a bit over the years,

but it's still the Creekbank. The tradition lives on, win or lose. We now have a new high school on

Hwy. 25 West of town, but the field on the Creekbank stays put, 8 gold balls & 3 silver later.

Have to agree with Slim on the scoreboard. This thing seems to still have a big key in back that

has to be rewound for each game, sometimes during a game. This antique is a disgrace for this

program.

Anyway, enjoy your trip & stay in TC. Just hope you go home disappointed, but impressed. :thumb:

You TC people sure have been poppin off at the mouth this week. By the way who was it that said ya'll ain't lost a game in the state of TN in 2 yrs? Is your record not 9-1 this year. Lets see 9 wins 1 loss, I guess we need to crown ya'll as champs and let everybody else go home.

Who gives a $#!^ about the past 2 decades.

Its time for you to move out of yo mamma's house, grow up, and get over your high school football. Last I checked this game ain't over yet.

C you boys tomorrow night!

It sounds like someone is upset that they didn't make the team. Your mom was right football is too dangerous, but think of all the friends you made playing Dungeon and Dragons :thumb: Make sure you get to the game early. It usually ain't over in the first few minutes.

MOM, FIX ME SOME MEATLOAF......

Lets get this straight. I don't go to WHH, don't have any kids in the program, do have ties, but thats another story. As far as not making the team. When I was in school we might not have met on friday night, but my head coach & saterfield were best friends and we scrimaged a lot. I still own that tradition with 0 losses to the "jackets"

Don't worry I'll be there early. I'll be the one jumpin around haveing the time of my life.

bucu, i hope they give you something to jump up and down alot, and i know that they CAN. When yall played us(eagleville) early in the season i thought that you guys were one of the better teams that i have seen in a while. Including last years blue cross bowl. What happened to you guys against forrest and east robertson? I know for a fact that you guys were the better of those 2 teams, what happened? If yall play like you did against us, I do think that this game will be a little closer than most people think. If you play like you did against forrest, it will get ugly. I hope you pull the upset because the trousdale people think they are unbeatable. If they are as good as they think they are why play in 2a with "little boys", play up and see how many wins you will get.

Dear Patriots,

Embrace the moment.

Sincerely,

That's the best post I've read on here all year long!!! Awesome!. :thumb:

Pretty sure we'll be tailgating tomorrow. Baseball field...probably start rolling in between 4:30-5. Come on by, we'll be having a big time! Your more than welcome to join right in! :thumb:

bucu, i hope they give you something to jump up and down alot, and i know that they CAN. When yall played us(eagleville) early in the season i thought that you guys were one of the better teams that i have seen in a while. Including last years blue cross bowl. What happened to you guys against forrest and east robertson? I know for a fact that you guys were the better of those 2 teams, what happened? If yall play like you did against us, I do think that this game will be a little closer than most people think. If you play like you did against forrest, it will get ugly. I hope you pull the upset because the trousdale people think they are unbeatable. If they are as good as they think they are why play in 2a with "little boys", play up and see how many wins you will get.

Actually, TC did "play up" in 2001 thru 2004. Went to the semis first two yrs. That's playing up

from 1A to 3A, BTW, just in case you're really interested. 1A, 2A, 3A, we've done quite well.

How about you? Played up lately?