Marion Co. @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TTP,

I want to commend you. I didn't follow too closely to MC until this year when we got put in the same classification. It started before the season with the banter between you (MC) and SP. I mistakenly lumped you in with the rest of the "rose colored glassess" wearing folks, as OP would say. I've followed you all year, mainly because you are one of the mainstays on the MC threads. As the year has gone along, I've come to appreciate your thoughts and insights. You seem to be a straight shooter and I respect that. The Truth does Previal!!! Keep 'em coming. :thumb:

I do appreciate that, SEVEN. I try to call it like I see it. Sometimes the rose colored glasses get in the way a little, as they do with all of our teams. I came from a time in the early to mid nineties when there was a lot of pride with MC and sometimes that still gets in the way. I do yearn for MC to be a power again, and they have made strides towards that in the last couple of years. I think Coach Boeck is a young coach, but he is intense and confident and his kids, while maybe not the most talented are a hard working bunch and have been in great shape both years he has been the head man. That is where the foundation is to being a sucessful program, and I think everyone can agree on that, even the pirates :thumb: How about this one....................I am calling an upset this friday night at the swamp when Marion wins the turnover battle and gets several good breaks along the way............cinderella's slipper is purple again this year. :thumb:

Boyd Wins this one 24-14. That is if MC can score 14 points on Boyd defense. They may have a good offense but they did not show it last game. MC seemed to lack that fire power on offense. If MC does take care of the ball it could be a closer game. I don't think that Boyd will overlook MC like they did last year and they have done a good job taking care of the ball. Boyd will also need to get back into game mode with so many off weeks. It's time to go hard or go home.

Boyd Wins this one 24-14. That is if MC can score 14 points on Boyd defense. They may have a good offense but they did not show it last game. MC seemed to lack that fire power on offense. If MC does take care of the ball it could be a closer game. I don't think that Boyd will overlook MC like they did last year and they have done a good job taking care of the ball. Boyd will also need to get back into game mode with so many off weeks. It's time to go hard or go home.

That D hasn't really been tested all year, much. Red Bank is always over hyped and I look for them to bow out either in this round or the next. Can't count the Sp game because of the conditions. Marion's offense has gotten better as the year has progressed, but still haven't had the consistency of a good team. I think it is hard to say, but you may know more than me, that Boyd overlooked MC last year, especially after escaping the first meeting vs the warriors by one point. If they were overlooking them then they for sure will this time after a two touchdown win. Taking care of the ball is very important for marion. They can't turn it over 4 times out of five possesions in the first half like they did in the first meeting this year(2 int's 1 fumble and on downs once)

I have been reviewing my Murphy Fair book again tonight. I think that Goforth and Rankin boy for Marion County might play good and hard in this game. That number 21 is a good runner and #10 and #4 are good pass catchers. Those big ole boys from Boyd Buchanan should win the game but they have to play hard and good to win it. The boys at Boyd are big and strong boys that like to hit real hard. The boys at Marion County need to play a good hard game to win this game. I talked to Murphy last night and Murphy told me that if the Marion County boys did not fumble that ball alot that they would have a close game with Boyd Buchanan. You think im joking because I am not. Murphy knows what he is talking about in my book. I would like to see this game but I got to watch SP play Eaglesville on Friday night.