Marion Co. @ Boyd Buc

reaction

haha Red Bank overhyped!? They r good and would beat mc down!! They will win state in 4a, boyd played the best game they have all year against them. If they play like they did against them friday the mercy rule will be applied. :ugeek:

Red Bank probably would beat marion, they should after all. That doesn't change the fact that they are always overhyped. All the great teams that they have had, one championship to show for it. Had a QB that went to louisville and lots of great athletes and they always lose in the first couple of rounds. You can think what you want, but there will be no mercy rule in this one..................maybe you should tell your team that though and let them think that.........heck, tell the coaches to go ahead and work on the cascade/signal winner :blink:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a healthy #21 will be the deciding factor in this game. He will run hard on offense and blitz even harder on defense. MC 14 - BB 7 in the best playoff game this week.

Old Pirate would love to see this one, should be a dandy.

#21 hasn't been healthy all year, and he wont be 100% friday, but you can bet he will be out there giving it 100%.

Come on up OP, Me and big J will save you a seat, and you can also meet us at Buds afterward and we might buy you a sweet tea or something :ugeek:

haha Red Bank overhyped!? They r good and would beat mc down!! They will win state in 4a, boyd played the best game they have all year against them. If they play like they did against them friday the mercy rule will be applied. :ugeek:

Red Bank probably would beat marion, they should after all. That doesn't change the fact that they are always overhyped. All the great teams that they have had, one championship to show for it. Had a QB that went to louisville and lots of great athletes and they always lose in the first couple of rounds. You can think what you want, but there will be no mercy rule in this one..................maybe you should tell your team that though and let them think that.........heck, tell the coaches to go ahead and work on the cascade/signal winner :blink:

Red Bank reminds me a lot of Dobyns-Bennett.... Always fields a good team, but rarely makes any noise in the playoffs. In no way am I taking away the effort that Boyd played them with, just my opinion.

I'm a little torn in this one... I think Boyd has the better team, no questions asked. But something tells me that MC may have a little something for them this week. Best of luck to both teams!!! I still think Reaction's boys get by to the next round.

Red Bank reminds me a lot of Dobyns-Bennett.... Always fields a good team, but rarely makes any noise in the playoffs. In no way am I taking away the effort that Boyd played them with, just my opinion.

I'm a little torn in this one... I think Boyd has the better team, no questions asked. But something tells me that MC may have a little something for them this week. Best of luck to both teams!!! I still think Reaction's boys get by to the next round.

Red Bank has had some very good teams, but could never get over the hump due to Maryville. Boyd had a great game plan against Red Bank. They slowed down that high powered offense. Boyd was in position to tie that game up, and possibly win, but could not. If I remember correctly, we actually did score a TD at the end of the first half, but it got called back. With that TD there is no telling how the game would of went.

That was a pretty good match though SEVEN, Red Bank and DB. The only difference is Red Bank normally makes it through the first round, DB always gets knocked out. LOL

I believe a healthy #21 will be the deciding factor in this game. He will run hard on offense and blitz even harder on defense. MC 14 - BB 7 in the best playoff game this week.

Old Pirate would love to see this one, should be a dandy.

#21 hasn't been healthy all year, and he wont be 100% friday, but you can bet he will be out there giving it 100%.

Come on up OP, Me and big J will save you a seat, and you can also meet us at Buds afterward and we might buy you a sweet tea or something :wacko:

Yeh...Old Pirate knows yous fellers want to sick them Jasper folkes on OP. Recon they would tar and feather OP. Figure OP will have to see the Pirates and sees if theys have heeled up after a resting.

Least ways you fellers watch out for them circle flies that most likely will find theys ways from that near bye farm round from that swamp. Recon them horses will git a bit of relief being theys will be plenty of city fellers around FryDay nite. :roflol: Might want to advise them city fellers about them circle flies....

Yeh...Old Pirate knows yous fellers want to sick them Jasper folkes on OP. Recon they would tar and feather OP. Figure OP will have to see the Pirates and sees if theys have heeled up after a resting.

Least ways you fellers watch out for them circle flies that most likely will find theys ways from that near bye farm round from that swamp. Recon them horses will git a bit of relief being theys will be plenty of city fellers around FryDay nite. :thumb: Might want to advise them city fellers about them circle flies....

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...................................../

.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__

,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,__......`,.................................

...................`=~-,,.,...............................

................................`:,,...........................`..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_..........._,-%.......`

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

---

You are right, Boyd has the better team overall, but as we all know, the best team doesn't always win. Marion hasn't really gotten things together like I hoped they would this year for whatever reason. The sense of desperation should be at a fever pitch now. MC plays like they did last week, there will be no close game in the fourth. They have to play better, thats the bottom line. I just have a feeling if the game is close in the fourth quarter that the game will end up like it did last year. For whatever reason, this game has turned into a good rivalry. I believe Marion will have to have some things go their way in this game, maybe something on special teams, big turnover or something to get the momentum going. I also feel confident with the coaches, and I am sure that boyd feels the same. Assistant Ken colquitt is one of the best big game coaches that there has been and I am sure that coach Boeck is well aware of that. Couple more days :popcorneater:

Mrs GB the boys should have been getting ready for this game all week. Those boys at Boyd are real big ole boys that are real strong too. Those boys are big and strong and some of your real fast boys like that number 4 will have to score some touchdowns. Your big boys on that line better do a better job of knocking a hole for the runners to run through in this game. The last time they played them they did not do real good. This game will come down to which line does a better job of knocking a hole you think im joking but i am not. These boys better be ready to play hard and strong for the whole game.

Don't worry Roy these boys started getting ready for this game when they stepped off the bus at midnight last Friday night. From talking to some of the boys its been a good week of pratice. Coach B and the staff will have these young men focused and ready to play the Bucs.

You are right, Boyd has the better team overall, but as we all know, the best team doesn't always win. Marion hasn't really gotten things together like I hoped they would this year for whatever reason. The sense of desperation should be at a fever pitch now. MC plays like they did last week, there will be no close game in the fourth. They have to play better, thats the bottom line. I just have a feeling if the game is close in the fourth quarter that the game will end up like it did last year. For whatever reason, this game has turned into a good rivalry. I believe Marion will have to have some things go their way in this game, maybe something on special teams, big turnover or something to get the momentum going. I also feel confident with the coaches, and I am sure that boyd feels the same. Assistant Ken colquitt is one of the best big game coaches that there has been and I am sure that coach Boeck is well aware of that. Couple more days :shock:

Dad burnit TTP, Yous done a started a debate here. Old Pirate is jest a wondering who them city fellers thought had the best team a last year? Recon OP knows what them Jasper folkes think. :shock::shock:

Folkes attending this here feud will gits theys money worth for sure. OP feels the Jasper youngons will bring home the bacon again this year in a hard fought ear holing feud.