Round Two: Westview @ Camden

rcombs

Advisor your probably right, but I was skipping over some of the little towns lol. The only reeason I said go that way is cause thats How I always head home (Camden). The Olive Pit is a very good recommendation as well though, and one more thing...... IT's GAME DAY!!!!! Camden throw on your BLACK AND GOLD, Westveiw put on your Blue and YEllow and get ready to Make lots of noise at Historic Wright Field!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, having lived in both Camden and Martin, Camden is just as safe as Martin is. So quit worrying about the safety in Camden. Also, didn't Camden beat up on Martin earlier this year? Yes they did, because I was there. I know Martin has gotten better since then, but so has Camden. Of course I am biased but I'm still picking Camden to win this game by at least two touchdowns. It will be a great game as most are once the playoffs come around. Martin couldn't stop the running game last time so they better make some adjustments before they come into Camden. I just hope I can make it to this game because I know how good it will be. Good luck to both teams Friday night!!

What IDIOT would "actually" be worried about Camden's safety?? Are you serious?

Better coached might be an overstatement, but bulldawgfan2, you agreed with me saying Camden

is predictable, isn't that a coaching issue, and as far as Milan only handing the ball to Jbronk

did you see the last game? Don't forget we went into Crockett County and shut them out.

Do you think Camden is better than CC?

Camden is predictable as is Milan. Milan isn't going to throw the ball unless they have to as I'm sure that's the case in Camden. Coach Morris was working on things with his team against Stewart Co. and giving other teams something else to prepare for. Establishing the run game is apart of football and if you can establish the run game then there is no reason to pass the ball. Alcoa runs the ball constantly. I went and watched them and Maryville play. Alcoa passed the ball once in that game against one of the most historic programs in Tennessee as well as one of the best teams in 6A. They also ran for 400+ yards in the game against Maryville as well. Do you catch the jist here? Do you consider this bad coaching?

Predictable does not mean that a team just runs the ball. It means that don't do a good job of changing things up. They don't mix up the different styles of rushing. They don't throw in any passes or when they do, it is easy to notice. That is predictable. Milan is not predictable. Yes, they run the ball more, but they can and will pass out of any formation. However, it is pretty disrespectful for us to be talking about Milan on this thread. It is for Camden and Westview. As for the Alcoa fan (I am obviously referring to GC), we are so grateful to have opportunity to hear your insight. Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Camden/Westview fans, I think this will be a very good game. I won't be surprised whoever wins this game. I do think Westview has a real chance to take it. If I had to make a prediction though, I would go with Camden by less than a TD.

Wish we could be at this game, it should be a good one.

Wanted to wish you the best of luck Camden from the Lewis county fans.

No one should worry about Camden about anything but they game. They are a first class group. If we could have gotten points for everytime someone asked about the injury to Lewis player 22 we would have been able to beat camden easy......lol. Great community! First Class all the way.....fans, players and Coaches.

Good luck......Hope we can find it on the internet would love to at least be able to hear they game (of course much rather have wished could see it in person).

I seen on some posts on here where posters were talking about the coaches. I have no horse in this race but i will say that they are both great coaches! There was one school in Gibson County that had a chance to get Ward before he took the Camden job! It was the dumbest mistake imo they have made in many moons! But all though they did get a pretty good coach. Ward was the better choice in my book! The job he has done in Camden has been no less than spectacular! Cody for MV is also a good one! This will be a good game to see! In a close one i'll go with Camden at home! I kinda got some ties in Camden! Does of you remeber Nicky Irvin and Carl Irvin they played for Camden in the late 70's. Good luck!! :thumb:

StatPack you can listen to the game at wrjbradio.com. Now you get the Flash version of the game, and he tends to get a little excited at times, but he still gives a pretty good account of the game. I'll be rootin' for the lions tonight on my way down to oxford. Just hope I can figure out a way to hear the game on the road. I'm sure someone will keep me updated though. I'm not sure who said that Camden didn't mix it up enough, but in the last game against Westview I know we had one passing TD and I think there were two, but I guess we are pretty predictable... hmm. 5 different running backs, 3 or 4 recievers with 4 or 5 catches for about 100 yards each. Yeah thats sounds predictable to me.

CamdenCrunch - in the first Camden vs Westview game, there were 6 TDs. ALL rushing, 4 td's run in by Camden's QB, and 2 td's run in by Westview's QB. No passing, no nuttin else....all td's run in by the QBs on both teams. I am not saying anything about predictability or who is going to win, i am just tellling you how the scoring was done in the game. Good luck tonight boys!