Oakland @ Cookeville

MidTennFootball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody wants to talk of Cookeville being down but they went 7-3. They lost by 14-13 to Lebanon and 28-26 to McMinn County, who is in the top 10 of 6-A. They are the only team to beat Giles County (25-24). So they have one bad loss, Riverdale 42-7.

The District they play in might not be one of the stronger ones but games against McMinn County, Cleveland, and Riverdale among others have helped prepare this team for the playoffs. Last year's team traveled to Memphis to play MUS, the defending Division II champs.

It will be an interesting game to watch. Oakland has to be the favored but Cookeville is capable of the upset and certainly deserves more respect than some want to give them.

Everybody wants to talk of Cookeville being down but they went 7-3. They lost by 14-13 to Lebanon and 28-26 to McMinn County, who is in the top 10 of 6-A. They are the only team to beat Giles County (25-24). So they have one bad loss, Riverdale 42-7.

The District they play in might not be one of the stronger ones but games against McMinn County, Cleveland, and Riverdale among others have helped prepare this team for the playoffs. Last year's team traveled to Memphis to play MUS, the defending Division II champs.

It will be an interesting game to watch. Oakland has to be the favored but Cookeville is capable of the upset and certainly deserves more respect than some want to give them.

Not to say that I disagree with you, but Giles Co. is in 6A and Lebanon just is not the same. No doubt they are good, but I do not think the talent level is there as opposed to recent years. I really like how they play and I think this game will come down to 4th quarter, just like last week for Oakland. Like Cookeville, Oakland's tough schedule has helped them get ready for the playoffs.

Why won't any Cookeville fans tell us about the team? Do they not participate? We gave you a quick synopsis of Oakland. How about it?

You all shouldn't have any problem with Cookeville if they couldn't even beat Lebanon. Mt Juliet beat Lebanon 52-13.

Well it seems that we don't have to say anything about ourselves, MJpride appears to be an expert on Cookeville but I'll tell you what I think just in case you want a second opinion:

Like always, we will be undersized on the line but our boys are well coached, play hard aggressive footbal and have overcame the size difference the majority of the season. If we don't beat ourselves with mistakes we can play with anybody. At Riverdale 4 touchdowns were scored following turnovers. Oakland clearly has a strong team but if we protect the football and eliminate the mistakes it should be a great game and too close to call.

Good Luck and a safe injury free second round to all players.