Oakland @ Cookeville

MidTennFootball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering our first round, this is a relatively easy second round game, but Oakland still needs to come to play a lot of good teams get beat cause they dont take the other team seriously i still think theyll pull away with ith a win though.

I do not think I would neccessarily consider this game "easy".

wel, we played one of the top teams in the state last week in a game that definitely shouldnt have been a first-rounder, maybe a second or third. and Blackman and Riverdale are two of the top teams in the state, there's no way that should be a second round game. of course no games in the state tournament are going to be "easy" because all the teams earned their way there, but Oakland did get off relatively easy in the scheduling this week. I cant wait til they redo the tournament format and we can actually be excited about the later games since more of the teams who should be there will be there.

Here are my keys to the game for the cavs:

O-line needs to give qb time tonight and he is capable of picking apart the D.

Defense can't miss tackles. Oakland will have some holes and big plays but the secondary can't let anything by them.

Hope for a clean and injury free night goodluck to both teams. Most of you have already given the game to Oakland but as we all know they still have to play the game and anything can happen. go cavs

Here are my keys to the game for the cavs:

O-line needs to give qb time tonight and he is capable of picking apart the D.

Defense can't miss tackles. Oakland will have some holes and big plays but the secondary can't let anything by them.

Hope for a clean and injury free night goodluck to both teams. Most of you have already given the game to Oakland but as we all know they still have to play the game and anything can happen. go cavs

Those of us that know better will never take Cookeville for granted no matter the year. People can kid themselves and say that Oakland is gonna walk in this one, but this game is going to be a barnburner.

Just as I stated earlier-Cookeville was way overmatched and the Patriots won big! I hope all you Patriot fans enjoyed our fine little city-if you keep playing well-we will see you again in a few weeks!

In the past the Joslin teams have been more competitive. In 04 3rd round of playoffs-the Cavs were defeated by Riverdale by 13 pts and then the Warriors went on to win the state tournament. Then in 05 the Cavs were defeated by the Warriors by one point in the 3rd round of the playoffs. This Cavalier teams the last few years have not been at that level. But they have some talent coming-so hopefully we will compete again one day!