Hampton v/s Telico Plains

bulldog2000

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully the Hampton players are already thinking about the 3rd round.

As far as everyone comparing the scores of each team to common opponents and common opponents/opponents, give it a rest. That isn't a good barometer especially in high school football.

Teams are way to inconsistant week to week to do that. Given some teams are very consistant but most aren't. I am pulling for Tellico, but I think they come up short in this game just because Hampton has been in this position time and time again. That makes a huge difference especially when playing at home.

Go Bears!

Pujo,

I haven't read the other pages, but you should enjoy watching TP's backfield combo of O'Dell and Sloan. O'Dell is a good tailback, but Sloan is one of the best lead backs I have seen. Against Rockwood, Sloan just kept wiping out Tigers and making huge holes for O'Dell. It's going to be a good game up that way Friday night. My money is on Hampton, but the Bears are pretty tough.

As far as everyone comparing the scores of each team to common opponents and common opponents/opponents, give it a rest. That isn't a good barometer especially in high school football.

Teams are way to inconsistant week to week to do that. Given some teams are very consistant but most aren't. I am pulling for Tellico, but I think they come up short in this game just because Hampton has been in this position time and time again. That makes a huge difference especially when playing at home.

Go Bears!

Gatorbait, you can rest assured that Hampton will be fully focused on the game at hand, fans overlook teams ,but smart coaches never overlook anyone. Its not like Hampton is even in a position to overlook TP, you fellers are a quality opponent, we'll have to play good ball to survive. As far as consistant goes, both have done a pretty good job, we do welcome all the TP faithful, we are pretty hospitable, its a great enviroment for small town football. Travel safe and enjoy the long ride. I'm glad we are at home. Go Bulldogs and GETTTTTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBYYYYYGOLLYYYYYYYYYDUNNNNNNNNNNN

Pujo,

I haven't read the other pages, but you should enjoy watching TP's backfield combo of O'Dell and Sloan. O'Dell is a good tailback, but Sloan is one of the best lead backs I have seen. Against Rockwood, Sloan just kept wiping out Tigers and making huge holes for O'Dell. It's going to be a good game up that way Friday night. My money is on Hampton, but the Bears are pretty tough.

Thanks Goosevol and congrats on the resent award, you do a great job and I read you're articles from time to time. Great way to keep up with football in the Roane Co area. Our Coaches watched the game last week and were impressed with Odell, and as with most good backs ,they've got some people blazing a trail. This will be my first time seeing TP , But I've had an eye on them all season. Must play a pretty good brand of football. AS far as the betting thing goes, I'd take Hampton as well, but you wouldn't see me giving many points. I would love for Ole Shocker to give me that 30 he's been throwing around. That boy would go broke in a hurry. If all goes well, maybe I'll see you next week. Nice to hear from you.

Go Bears!

Gatorbait, you can rest assured that Hampton will be fully focused on the game at hand, fans overlook teams ,but smart coaches never overlook anyone. Its not like Hampton is even in a position to overlook TP, you fellers are a quality opponent, we'll have to play good ball to survive. As far as consistant goes, both have done a pretty good job, we do welcome all the TP faithful, we are pretty hospitable, its a great enviroment for small town football. Travel safe and enjoy the long ride. I'm glad we are at home. Go Bulldogs and GETTTTTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBYYYYYGOLLYYYYYYYYYDUNNNNNNNNNNN

Don't listen to Gator Bait. Hampton wins this easiliy. :shock:

Go Bears!

Don't listen to Gator Bait. Hampton wins this easiliy. :shock:

If we get the kind of refereeing we recieved at Harriman I would agree.