Hampton v/s Telico Plains

bulldog2000

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you Hampton folks better not count your chickens before they hatch. This Tellico Plains team ain't no joke this year. Granted Hampton may have the better team, but they haven't played anyone this year that is as physical as this TP team. They are very good upfront, and not to mention probably having the best running back (O'dell) on this side of the bracket. If Hampton doesn't come ready to play, TP could very well find themselves in the 3rd round. I look for this game to come down to the wire.

Hampton - 21

Tellico Plains - 20

HAHAHA :?: I have seen you guys play and i have watch game films and i really don't think you guys have the Athletes to keep up with Hamptons Explosive Offense they have about 4 or 5 people running the ball! and when they have to they can throw but i am sure they wont need to their D is really strong and hard to run on! if TP wants to make it a game they better be able to throw! and they even have a lot of picks this year 2 but if Hampton come out and play like the Hampton team that has showed up to practice this week then i pick Hampton-49 TP-12 if Hampton Shows up with a couple mistake it will be a game but Hampton stil 35-14 Go Dawgs

Well the old puter is up and running again, first of all ,all the TP faithful have a safe ride up, hopefully the weather will be good for us all. Hope we have better officials than were at the Cloudland game, they were bad for both sides, bad calls and several no calls,just a mess. Got plenty of respect for TP as I am sure they have a quality team, hear the Odell kid is special. Hampton has played a tough schedule and came out on top 90 percent of the time, not always played at the level they are capable of and I think the Cloudland game gave the Coaches and players the wake up call they needed. My guess is if Hamptn is motivated and willing to sell out on every play, they will walk away with a hard fought win. If not, I guess its time for basketball.

Pujo is exactly right. Hampton better come to play. This team is not nearly as talented as the teams of 05 06 07. They don't have the desire and cohesion those teams had either. I'm not bashing em, just calling it like I see it. This Hampton teams record is misleading. @ 9-1 a lot of people are thinking they are going to make another deep run. I don't think so. I challenge anyone to show me where Hampton beat a quality opponent this year. Every win they had came against .500 or below teams. Again I'm not bashing on the Bulldogs, just bringing a few facts to the table along with my opinion. I watched them play JC, HV, HC, and Cld. I will be there Friday night pulling for them against TP. So before you Hampton Nuts jump me for bringing this to light, you might oughtta take this game a little more seriously. Tellico made the second round, they are a good football team. Trust me, after the Sunbright game, I know the taste of crow.

This will be a good game. A long trip for Tellico Plains. Looking on paper Hampton has the better record but they havent played anyone like Tellico has. Hampton is in a weak district to where none of their oppents went above .500. While Tellico Plains has got 3 loses but them 3 loses were to: # 4 Grace 7-24, @ Harriman 13-17, and # 8 Polk 0-28. So Tellicos loses have came to great teams. Last week Tellico Plains knocked off a great Oliver Springs team by a touchdown while Hampton had a bye. The bye week will favor Hampton. But in the end i believe that Tellico will be to much for Hampton. Cause the only other advantage Hampton has is they are at home but tellico has only lost one road game so may the best team win. Which ever team wins better have their A game next friday night if they meet Oneida or Rockwood cause both of them teams are Hungry and will be ready to hunt the bulldogs or the bears so a little piece of advice be ready. But Hampton dont look past them Bears. GO BEARS

I challenge the notion that O'Dell is the best RB on this side of the bracket, Blitz. Of course I am exceedingly biased in my opinion, but I think Woodard and Hutson, of Oneida, are both exceptional RB's. Woodard has better than an EIGHT Yard Average FOR HIS CAREER, and he is just a Junior! Hutson is the most underappreciated runner. Despite his size, he is as strong as an Oak Stump! (I have no idea where I come up with these comparisons!) :thumb: I've actually had a chance to see O'Dell in action.....he is a solid RB, no question.....but he will be very busy if TP wants to get past Hampton. I'd think twice about putting him on Defense.....they will need him to be as fresh as possible.

:roflol: Kazatoro :thumb:

I think we have some pretty dang good running backs as well. Got our own 1200 plus yards runner in Adam Taylor. Matter of fact, we got a lot a good players all around. I saw Tellico play and I got to admit, they're pretty dang good. It won't be a picnic, but if the dogs play dogs ball, I think we can do it. Nothing, and I repeat Nothing, is easy at this point. You have to work every play and every down to accomplish what we want.

This will be a good game. A long trip for Tellico Plains. Looking on paper Hampton has the better record but they havent played anyone like Tellico has. Hampton is in a weak district to where none of their oppents went above .500. While Tellico Plains has got 3 loses but them 3 loses were to: # 4 Grace 7-24, @ Harriman 13-17, and # 8 Polk 0-28. So Tellicos loses have came to great teams. Last week Tellico Plains knocked off a great Oliver Springs team by a touchdown while Hampton had a bye. The bye week will favor Hampton. But in the end i believe that Tellico will be to much for Hampton. Cause the only other advantage Hampton has is they are at home but tellico has only lost one road game so may the best team win. Which ever team wins better have their A game next friday night if they meet Oneida or Rockwood cause both of them teams are Hungry and will be ready to hunt the bulldogs or the bears so a little piece of advice be ready. But Hampton dont look past them Bears. GO BEARS

Say what you will, but I ain't buying. TP has played one really good team,how did that go. The other 2 losses came against teams no better than the teams Hampton has beat. Its not going to be an easy game for either team, but I see Hampton being fully prepared and highly motivated. That equals a victory and a shot at the Oneida and Rockwood game. That game is going to be more contested than alot would think.These 4 teams are fairly even.

You cannot compare Polk County and Grace Christian to ANYONE Hampton plays! Harriman is the closest to anyone Hampton played, and they are better. Everyone that was at the TP/Harriman game knows it was the shotty refs that beat TP, not Harriman. That's why they are suspended from reff-ing the rest of the season and banned from reff-ing any games Tellico is involved in! Also, don't forget that Tellico has already BEAT Rockwood. Friday night will definately be a game everyone will be talking about for a long time!

You cannot compare Polk County and Grace Christian to ANYONE Hampton plays! Harriman is the closest to anyone Hampton played, and they are better. Everyone that was at the TP/Harriman game knows it was the shotty refs that beat TP, not Harriman. That's why they are suspended from reff-ing the rest of the season and banned from reff-ing any games Tellico is involved in! Also, don't forget that Tellico has already BEAT Rockwood. Friday night will definately be a game everyone will be talking about for a long time!

But you are SOOOOO wrong, Hampton and Grace both played Johnson Co.