Gordonsville vs MTCS

pasttiger

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Massey Ratings have Gordonsville winning 21-14.

I hope they're right.

Like I've said, if the boys play like they did Friday with 100% effort, they win, no question.

MTCS has been the underdog in every single game all season, even when they shut out their opponent.

So.....

A team that goes 4-6 more than likely will always be the underdog. They have only shut out two opponents, and only won 4 out 10 games. So...... what are you trying to say? That when they are the underdog they win 40% of their games?

I like MTC's chances in this one.

They are well coached, have a solid run game, and a young Qb who shows improvement each week. The keys to victory will be:

1.) No turnovers!

2.) Force turnovers in the kicking game.

3.). Keep it Simple! 3 yards and a cloud of dust will win if you do 1 and 2.

Good luck, Coffee from a fellow District 9 opponent. :roflol:

This post could be used for either team.

What kind of offense and defense does MTCS run? I haven't heard anyone say on here.

Your coach was at the Eagleville game and has game tape so he knows. Mostly Pro I formation.

A team that goes 4-6 more than likely will always be the underdog. They have only shut out two opponents, and only won 4 out 10 games. So...... what are you trying to say? That when they are the underdog they win 40% of their games?

As Mark Twain says -- figures lie and liars figure. You could also say that vs 1A foes we were picked to lose every time and we won all of them. It is all in how you want to look at it.

But -- none of it matters come Friday.

Actually gettin the bye = being the 3rd place finish in the district--- get over it.

I was looking at my Murphy Fair and it sounds like Murphy thinks that Gordonsville will be real good in this game. That durn Middle Tennessee coach did not turn in his survey and we do not have it in my book. Let me ask you Gordonsville people a question. Do you think your team will beat Middle Tennessee this week. If they win and my team wins then they will play next week. Let me ask you another question. Do you think this Gordonsville team will be able to hold SP to under 28 points next week. Gordonsville will beat those Middle Tennessee boys. Any team that does not send in the survey are not good enough to play and I hope they lose. I am still mad about that coach not turning in his survey. Are your boys lifting alot of weights this week so they will be strong on Friday? Why do you call your coach a Moose? I have never heard of anyone being named a Moose. I have heard of Donkey or Rabbit but never a moose. I have been called a horse in my past but just never heard anyone but your coach that was called a Moose. Why do you call him that? Is that his real name?

Roy: I ran across the letter that Coach sent Murphy Fair regarding the survey. Here is what it said,

"Mr. Fair, I am writing you this letter concerning your survey. I have heard that you are a slow reader so I am trying to write as slowly as possible. I was going to put the survey in with this letter but accidently sealed the envelope before including the survey. Hopefully I will remember next year. Best regards, Coach"

Actually the coach at MTCS was still trying to figure out why he got a bye with a freaking losing record at 4-6.............

Actually the coach at MTCS was still trying to figure out why he got a bye with a freaking losing record at 4-6.............

BigDaddy -- that one is easy and well-settled. Both teams were the top 1A playoff team in their respective districts. However, MTCS finished 3rd in their district and Gordonsville finished 4th. You may or may not agree with the process or the results but that was the reason.

Have a safe trip to the 'boro on Friday.

mtcs is in a 6 team district

gordonsville is in a 9 team district

in that situation

it should go to the better overall record

BigDaddy -- that one is easy and well-settled. Both teams were the top 1A playoff team in their respective districts. However, MTCS finished 3rd in their district and Gordonsville finished 4th. You may or may not agree with the process or the results but that was the reason.

Have a safe trip to the 'boro on Friday.

mtcs is in a 6 team district

gordonsville is in a 9 team district

in that situation

it should go to the better overall record

A team with a losing record should not be in the playoffs to begin with. Getting a first round bye

with a losing record is ridiculous! Yes, I know this is all about money for the T$$AA, but there

should be some incentive to do well, and the rewards should go to the ones that excel.

Not the case here.... and others.