York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

Thanks for the reply. What kind of offense do they run?

They run the veer. They are also about a 70/30 pass team. Couple good running backs, good QB who used to be a starting wb for our team that went to the third round. Good receiving core. Should be a really good match up. They have more speed than size, and, as saw in the Smith County game, it is a great advantage.

I think he meant 70/30 run team.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is York?

Go to the edge of nowhere and turn left. :thumb:

Jamestown. The easiest way I know to tell you how to get there is go I-40 east to Crossville and go north, I guess about 30 miles?? Be very glad you don't have to go there. Long drive, and them jokers are hard to beat up there.

Good people though.

They run the veer. They are also about a 70/30 pass team. Couple good running backs, good QB who used to be a starting wb for our team that went to the third round. Good receiving core. Should be a really good match up. They have more speed than size, and, as saw in the Smith County game, it is a great advantage.

The veer, wow. To my knowledge you don't see that much anymore. I guess it's so old it's new again. I remember Alcoa running the veer in the 70's and they had a fullback that would literally not figuratively knock people out. Livingston might have run the veer against Lipscomb that year in the state championship game where the mustangs didn't know whether or not to scratch their watch or wind their ####. Does York have a hammer or a sledgehammer of a fullback? Do they get most of their yardage between the tackles or on the edge?

The Goodpasture fan who said that the Cougars have a good fullback that did not play last night is right. #32 is a very good runner. However, if you watched the game last night, there was another Cougar fullback who is also very good. He was given the opportunity to play a whole game last night and he came through with nearly 200 yards rushing. The Cougars are very fortunate to have 2 very good fullbacks.

The Goodpasture fan who said that the Cougars have a good fullback that did not play last night is right. #32 is a very good runner. However, if you watched the game last night, there was another Cougar fullback who is also very good. He was given the opportunity to play a whole game last night and he came through with nearly 200 yards rushing. The Cougars are very fortunate to have 2 very good fullbacks.

Yes we do. They are different types of fullbacks. #32 is bigger and faster. #29 is more quick and aggresive. We are blessed to have two fine fullbacks. But what makes both of them go is our offensive line! #32 did not play because he has a sprained ankle he suffered in the season finale. He should be good to go for the York game.

When Lipscomb couldn't scratch their watch :roflolk: Livingston ran a trap and lead option.

Whoever wins the line of scrimmage, needless to say, will win this game. York's D could give GP some fits. With that D-1 O line and shifty qb of Goodpastures, this will be the toughest game of the year for York. Best of Luck Dragons. Represent.

The veer, wow. To my knowledge you don't see that much anymore. I guess it's so old it's new again. I remember Alcoa running the veer in the 70's and they had a fullback that would literally not figuratively knock people out. Livingston might have run the veer against Lipscomb that year in the state championship game where the mustangs didn't know whether or not to scratch their watch or wind their ####. Does York have a hammer or a sledgehammer of a fullback? Do they get most of their yardage between the tackles or on the edge?

York has a big fullback. He doesn't have great speed but will rumble for 3 or 4 yards a pop. They get most of their rushing yards between the tackle and don't really have the speed to beat quality teams out on the edges. From what I have seen they struggle in the actual veer offense. They are best when handing the football off to the fullback right up the gut, their pitch reads are indecisive and has cost York a lot of turnovers. Their best weapons would have to be the wide receivers #41 and #42 .#42 has sure hands, and #41 flat out just makes plays whenever he touches the football. York is still mainly run though so if Goodpasture stops the run and makes the QB from York try and beat them I give the edge to Goodpasture. QB from York has big arm and good quickness and plays with a lot of heart but when the run game has been shut down and he is pressured he has been know throw interceptions in key situations. But with all that said he has been playing well as of late as well as the rest of the team, so I give this one to York 21-15. Good luck dragons and hope both teams come out injury free.

Wait just a minute. I would not get too happy with predicting a York win this week. Goodpasture will not come out flat this week and York will face another great running back that the Cougars have who lead the district in running. This one goes easily to the Cougars by at least 3 touchdowns at home. Good luck and have a safe drive down to the Cougars home field.

Wait just a minute. I would not get too happy with predicting a York win this week. Goodpasture will not come out flat this week and York will face another great running back that the Cougars have who lead the district in running. This one goes easily to the Cougars by at least 3 touchdowns at home. Good luck and have a safe drive down to the Cougars home field.

Which district? the cougars played in district 4a, now the playoffs start good ole tsssaa moves the cougars down a notch. Why don't we just give the cougars a couple of byes or move them down to 1a or just give a trophy. good grief they get all the players and all the breaks. they should have been bumped to 5a for the playoffs. this private school has got connections. come on TSSAA.

strongside69,

We are a 3a school that was placed in a 4a district schedule. Stop whining about it on our thread and write a letter to TSSAA. However I do appreciate the fact that you believe we are going to win that beautiful trophy December 4 :?:

All the concentration this week is playing York. The Cougars have to get their act together if we are going to play next week.