Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

Hopefully we can have a desent discusion on the future of DB football without that handful of Southers showing their ignorance. I think we can voice our opinions without claiming each other is trying to coach the team. In each other I am refering to DB fans. I can understand why South fans would like DB to stay just where they are this year, but It will never help them. We had our worst season in 30 years and still waxed them pretty good. As long as we have South on our schedule we will never go winless. So enough about that.

The post above by Spanky shows the quote by MHS82, a great Maryville fan. I hope everyone reads this and remembers it well. Especially players and coaches at DB. This is exactually what many DB fans have been saying for the past 5yrs. If you attend DB games you will find that that no matter where you sit you will find that fans are not happy with the direction of things. The "Old Timers" are not happy, previous players are not happy, and alot of current players are not happy. You really can't get a feel for it just by reading post on coacht. Not even taking this years record into account, 2009 was about as bad as it gets. Our team played well in "1" game all year. Which makes me ask why. Its as if the other games didn't even matter. We only had 5 or 6 players that gave a good effort in every game. Theres a problem with motivation and pride. We've had down years before but our players always fought hard and made a game of it. Aside from the South game we got worse as the season went along. Against Maryville we didn't even show up. To put icing on the cake we started that game out with one of our players running across the field to screem wildly at the Maryville players, then we ended that game fumbling the ball accross the goal line as time ran out, ending a chance to even score against their third teamers. It doesn't get any worse than that my friends.

Now we do have some very fine athletes on the way up and we should be back in form for the next three years. That is if our coaching staff gets their act together. We need to stick with the coaches we have for many reasons. To start with this group of coaches has been very good in the past, so we know that they can get the job done. Clark needs to get back to his old self and quit being so timid with his play calling, or hand over the play calling to someone else. Stop leting the quarterback club dictate who plays where. If its money then at least give the rest of us a chance to bid on the job. (that was mostly a joke so don't get to upset Graham) Theres a little bit of that goes on at every high school. There were however a few starters on this years team that had no business starting. Anybody know why James Brown really quit the team.

The weight room. State of art. One of the nicest field houses of any high school in the state. Throw away the Richard Simmons tapes, their not working. Hire a strength coach tommorow because the day after tommorrow may be to late. We are that far behind in the strenth department. Our defensive, and offensive line has been pushed all over the field for the past two years (fact). Fix the defensive back field. Your playing to far off the receiver and you've been doing that for two years (fact).

Theres more but I'll leave some of that red meat for someone else. I do have a petty request for for Coach Clark. I for one would like to see him dress like a head coach for games instead of the water boy. Image does mean alot. The clothes make the man.

Okay, here's the cliffsnotes for Jack's previous "insightful" post. When D-B wins, the coaches are great. When they lose, they can't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Now, when the cupboard isn't so bare here in the next couple of years and the Tribe starts winning again, Jack will be back on the bandwagon. EVERYONE outside the Indian camp knew they were going to struggle this year. Even some inside knew it. Most also know that the Indians will be back. Sure you've beaten us 7,831 times in a row. But, that and .50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds. Like I've been saying, help is on the way. You will be OKAY! 5-5 is about where you were going to be this year even if Vince Lombardi was coaching you. You'll be back to 10-0 again in no time and all will be fine in the teepee. Now pass that peace pipe and make love not war! :thumb:

Okay, here's the cliffsnotes for Jack's previous "insightful" post. When D-B wins, the coaches are great. When they lose, they can't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Now, when the cupboard isn't so bare here in the next couple of years and the Tribe starts winning again, Jack will be back on the bandwagon. EVERYONE outside the Indian camp knew they were going to struggle this year. Even some inside knew it. Most also know that the Indians will be back. Sure you've beaten us 7,831 times in a row. But, that and .50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds. Like I've been saying, help is on the way. You will be OKAY! 5-5 is about where you were going to be this year even if Vince Lombardi was coaching you. You'll be back to 10-0 again in no time and all will be fine in the teepee. Now pass that peace pipe and make love not war! :thumb:

Just like clock work. I figured it would be you or compuke to be the first to respond. But since your here and your #### maybe you could tell everyone just what your interest is in DB football, being a South fan and all. Maybe you could explain just what in my post is not correct. I can tell you this. Nobody knew that DB would have a losing season. Nobody inside the program and certinally nobody outside the program. In my post I simply stated the obvious. If you get your mommy to read my post to you she will tell you that I am actually supporting the coaches. Also I don't know where you get that Im a bandwagon fan. I've always supported the Tribe. I supported them this year during our worst season. I think your confused. Just like you were back in july when you started bragging your team and how great they were. Maybe you can get some type of medication for your problem. See if BTaylormom can hook you up with a bottle.

Waco, I hear you. I hear you saying the coaches have done a good job in the past. There are the athletes stocked in the cupboard. The one thing that has been missing has been intensity. We saw it at the South game (and in my opinion was the difference in that game), but that's the only time this year. A big part of it lies with the players having the sense of urgency, part of it is with the coaches to motivate, and a final part has to do with fans to support and provide energetic and electric setting that is conducive to intensity.

DB was the greatest football Atmosphere that I have seen in TN. We lived in KP for 2 years. My oldest son was a Freshman in 1999 when a great tribe team lost to Red Bank in the Semis on their way to the State Championship.

That team and fans made me a fan of the tribe! :roflol:

Make a few adjustments and DB will be great again.

Maryville has the best coach in the state. If they loose him to a College Program Maryville will have an adjustment period. He has a great staff also. I sure DB matched up Athletic wise.

That 99 team made my sond decide to run Cross Country with his 125 frame. :roflol:

He broke a Freshman Record there and finsihed 15th in the State with the Great DB coach there but I would have loved to see him play for the Tribe. He lettered in CC and wrestling so I guess we can be part of the Tribe Family.

Good Luck I still watch you guys and wear my tribe hat when I can.

GO Tribe! :roflolk:

Okay, here's the cliffsnotes for Jack's previous "insightful" post. When D-B wins, the coaches are great. When they lose, they can't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Now, when the cupboard isn't so bare here in the next couple of years and the Tribe starts winning again, Jack will be back on the bandwagon. EVERYONE outside the Indian camp knew they were going to struggle this year. Even some inside knew it. Most also know that the Indians will be back. Sure you've beaten us 7,831 times in a row. But, that and .50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds. Like I've been saying, help is on the way. You will be OKAY! 5-5 is about where you were going to be this year even if Vince Lombardi was coaching you. You'll be back to 10-0 again in no time and all will be fine in the teepee. Now pass that peace pipe and make love not war! :roflolk:

Just like clock work. I figured it would be you or compuke to be the first to respond. But since your here and your #### maybe you could tell everyone just what your interest is in DB football, being a South fan and all. Maybe you could explain just what in my post is not correct. I can tell you this. Nobody knew that DB would have a losing season. Nobody inside the program and certinally nobody outside the program. In my post I simply stated the obvious. If you get your mommy to read my post to you she will tell you that I am actually supporting the coaches. Also I don't know where you get that Im a bandwagon fan. I've always supported the Tribe. I supported them this year during our worst season. I think your confused. Just like you were back in july when you started bragging your team and how great they were. Maybe you can get some type of medication for your problem. See if BTaylormom can hook you up with a bottle.

The sad thing is I probably know more about D-B football than you. I've known Graham for years. He's a good man and a very good coach. One of the best in the state of Tennessee and sad people like you don't even realize what you have. He's forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. He can't help it if the work ethic isn't there with a lot of the kids in this current group. Before this season started, the best D-B was going to be was 6-4. Sure you lost to Boone, but you pulled the upset and beat us. I know it's hard to call a game an upset when you've beaten us 16,379 times in a row, but it was. So, those two are trade offs in the W-L columns. You have some good young talent coming up and like I said, 10-0 is back in the forecast and bandwagon jumpers like yourself will be back talking about what a great job Graham has done. :roflol:

The sad thing is, that you think its nessarry to stick your nose our business. Your team is still in the playoffs after playing Jerry's Kids in the opening round. Why don't you spend a little time on your on thread. As far as who knows what about football between you and I. I notice that you can't dispute what I have posted. You don't have a leg to stand on so your just redused to name calling and fabraction. I don't even know where you get that I am against Clark as our head coach. Im against some of the things he has done, and I have praised him just as much. He has not done a very good job of play calling the past two years, 75% of DB fans agree with me, and Clark himself has admitted it more than once. Everybody in Kingsport knows he is a good man. I have never said he wasn't. I have never said he should be replaced but have said he should continue to be our head coach. I challenge you to bring up the post where I ever said that. There are alot of us DB fans that know Coach Clark so the fact that you know him hold little weight. Besides, if you respect him so mush why have you posted all the garbage over the past 3 years about his teams. Anybody with the time to waste can go back and read your post to find out you know nothing about DB football or even football in general.

And by the way, look up the defination of "bandwagon fan" You don't even know what it means. I have always been a Dobyns Bennett fan. Never pulled for another team, ever. I have a opinion when they win, lose, play well, play like crap, whatever. And you or no one else will ever stop me from expressing my opinion.

Oh and one more thing just to prove my point. Go back and read all of my post during the 2007 football season. A down year for DB, we had two early loses but the team was fighting hard and the coaches did a very good job of making a very good team out of a not very good team. I praised Clark and the rest of the staff all year long when others were not. They did a good job with that team.

[.

How is it possible for a South fan to come on CoachT and call anybody a Idiot? Oh well, they did paint graffati on their on school before they got waxed by DB again this year. That tells you something right there. I tell you what muffandjett, since you are so sure of yourself. Why don't you come on over to the auto parts store and let me school you. I'll give you until Friday. If you don't make it then you know what you are. Eight months until the South fans start running their mouth about winning state and how bad their going to beat DB. :roflol:

Anyone can come on a DB thread (have you not been on South's thread?). You don't want me on here, well "just how big a boy are you?". Come over to the Holiday Inn Express tonight, room 2 and make me get off--make me, ya-ya-de-ya ya. :roflolk: WE painted our own stadium?? Oh, yeah--and you vandalized your own cars----- :lol::P I apologize to the legit DB parents and players for that statement, but Whacko Jocko deserved that, it was meant for him just to say how stupid he is. He is an embarrassment to the program. I don't use Ford parts, I'm a Chevy man--you ain't never going to school me, boy. :roflol: I doubt South fans will be claiming victory over DB ahead of time, I just simply doubt that. Only our idiots do that. Idiots, like you. And Whacko, since you have always been so good at math-----42---isn't that almost 44???? 1st round again??? How's the basketball team doing this year??? See ya, Big Boy. Oh, Eat a Rock.

Hopefully we can have a desent discusion on the future of DB football.

You idiot!! Desent???? you have to pick one--either decent or descent-------Every disussion involving you is a descent----meaning Deteriorate or declining. Seriously, grow the heck up, Whacko. You come on here hoping that someone will hang on your next word. People don't care what you think. (unless they are an idiot too). Most programs have a fan like you, and one is definitely enough. I gave up long time ago, in hoping that I could get alot of good football information, in order to follow the local teams more closely. Now, it's just for the entertainment value. I could go to my TV and watch Pee Wee Herman and get as much football information as you present, but I don't like Pee Wee Herman either.

You are an Idiot. :roflolk: ------------------------------------------------Oh, eat a rock.

Hopefully we can have a desent discusion on the future of DB football.

You idiot!! Desent???? you have to pick one--either decent or descent-------Every disussion involving you is a descent----meaning Deteriorate or declining. Seriously, grow the heck up, Whacko. You come on here hoping that someone will hang on your next word. People don't care what you think. (unless they are an idiot too). Most programs have a fan like you, and one is definitely enough. I gave up long time ago, in hoping that I could get alot of good football information, in order to follow the local teams more closely. Now, it's just for the entertainment value. I could go to my TV and watch Pee Wee Herman and get as much football information as you present, but I don't like Pee Wee Herman either.

You are an Idiot. :roflolk: ------------------------------------------------Oh, eat a rock.

Its always a sure sign that you've won the argument when all they can point out is mispelled words. Its also funny that a South fan comes on a DB thread to tell a DB fan that nobody wants to read his post. You can call me all the names you want to on CoachT Muff. But like I said yesterday. If your so sure of yourself come on over. You have until Friday. If you don't show you know what you are.

"eat a rock" ? how stupid. That sure don't mean anything to me. Its amazing how DB fans can't talk about their sports programs on here without South fans mucking things up. Its all they got left I guess.

44-0