• Upvote 1

DB scrimmage's this Pre-Season

Friday July 30 vs Halls @ J. Fred Johnson Stadium - 6PM

Friday Aug 6 vs Knox Central in Knoxville - N/A

Tuesday Aug 10 vs Greeneville in Greeneville - 6PM

Jamboree Thursday Aug 12

2 on Turf.. good thinking by Graham Clark

Roll Tribe Roll

I really look forward to the Greeneville scrimmage.I've never been to a DB vs Greeneville scrimmage or game that I didn't come away happy.DB has been the Devils daddy for ever,but it is allways a hard hitting time when these two teams are going against each other.It will be the hardest some of our guys have ever been hit,and if they don't believe it now,they will in a couple of weeks.I would bet any amount that the Greeneville boys have got this scrimmage day in red letters and have ever since they found out about it.

Graham Clark = Phil Fulmer ? HOWS THAT ??? Fulmer recruited his players ,i think the man has done a heck of a job.look at all the other teams around here there up and down but other than last yr and a couple others DB'S been up top.and they even made the playoffs with a 5-5 rec.when people put a team down that has been a winner that tells me how good the program is when you have one so called bad yr.

Didn't we loose @ Greenville the last time we played them. Maybe 90% ownership at best.

Remember that I was a Devil before being converted and having kids come up in the system.I think DB had won 18 out of the last 19 before that game and owns a 29 to 4 alltime record over the Devils.So,you are real close on the percentage.I got to line up against the tribe in one scrimmage and it was as big a deal as any regular season game for us.We didn't come up from Greeneville to have a friendly practice,and I have forwarned Tribe players for the last several years when playing a freshman game or whatever against the Devils,that it means a whole lot more to everyone when they see the Indians on their schedule.

Remember that I was a Devil before being converted and having kids come up in the system.I think DB had won 18 out of the last 19 before that game and owns a 29 to 4 alltime record over the Devils.So,you are real close on the percentage.I got to line up against the tribe in one scrimmage and it was as big a deal as any regular season game for us.We didn't come up from Greeneville to have a friendly practice,and I have forwarned Tribe players for the last several years when playing a freshman game or whatever against the Devils,that it means a whole lot more to everyone when they see the Indians on their schedule.

Its the same for every team in upper east tn. DB has always had that big bulls eye on their back. The Indians usually get the best from local teams, especially if they let them hang around.

I'm really excited about the possibilities with this team.If we can stay healthy and the players are team players top to bottom,I think they will be real strong as the year goes along.We don't have great numbers,but we have great quality on this team.I loved hearing a players response to a coach today,{yes sir}.That's the kind of young men you can coach.We have more competition in places then I thought we would,and just hope this bunch understands what is needed to be a strong team.The new lineman does look athletic and has without a doubt the best hair in the history of east Tennessee football.