Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

personally, scrimmages are good for coaches to see what is what and what needs to be worked on, but I hate to see ANY kid out there have a chance to get hurt. I look forward to DB vs DB in the fall...week 5 of the season?

For sure. Hopfully the'll both be undefeated and playing in front of a packed house.

personally, scrimmages are good for coaches to see what is what and what needs to be worked on, but I hate to see ANY kid out there have a chance to get hurt. I look forward to DB vs DB in the fall...week 5 of the season?

For sure. Hopfully the'll both be undefeated and playing in front of a packed house.

It's a packed house in Gray for JV games. Dobyns-Bennett fans better camp out at the gate. Boone's A.D. may want to consider selling reserved seats on the entire Boone home stands for this season. Come on Washington County....build these guys a new stadium.

It's a packed house in Gray for JV games. Dobyns-Bennett fans better camp out at the gate. Boone's A.D. may want to consider selling reserved seats on the entire Boone home stands for this season. Come on Washington County....build these guys a new stadium.

Speaking of seats at Daniel Boone:

The Washington County Tennessee Commission's budget committee has decided not to make repairs right now on Daniel Boone High School's football stadium.

The upper rows of the stadium have been closed because of concerns about safety and those seats will remain closed for awhile. Repairs will cost around $150,000 which the county will have to borrow.

The county mayor hopes to have a funding plan arranged by the next commission meeting in two weeks. But until repairs are complete, school leaders say the stadium can not hold large crowds. -Foxtricities.com

Were those seats closed last season? It's been about 6 or 7 years at least since I was over there last.

Speaking of seats at Daniel Boone:

The Washington County Tennessee Commission's budget committee has decided not to make repairs right now on Daniel Boone High School's football stadium.

The upper rows of the stadium have been closed because of concerns about safety and those seats will remain closed for awhile. Repairs will cost around $150,000 which the county will have to borrow.

The county mayor hopes to have a funding plan arranged by the next commission meeting in two weeks. But until repairs are complete, school leaders say the stadium can not hold large crowds. -Foxtricities.com

Were those seats closed last season? It's been about 6 or 7 years at least since I was over there last.

They were open last year '04. This just means a cramped seating arrangement got downright crowded. The visitors side was already inadequate for games vs. teams like South, Dobyns-Bennett, and Tennessee High. Many of the South fans sat on Boone's side last year because we knew to get there when the gates opened. they could at least bring in aluminum bleachers to put in the endzones for the respective bands. (If 1 end zone will hold the Indian's tomahawk choppers) :popcorneater:

One of the players told me the same about the seventy yard run.He said the back went the wrong way and Seabolt just took it to the house.I just can't wait to see our offense lighting it up for a change.I'm a defensive guy,but would like to replace some scoreboard lights at J Fred this year.

They were open last year '04. This just means a cramped seating arrangement got downright crowded. The visitors side was already inadequate for games vs. teams like South, Dobyns-Bennett, and Tennessee High. Many of the South fans sat on Boone's side last year because we knew to get there when the gates opened. they could at least bring in aluminum bleachers to put in the endzones for the respective bands. (If 1 end zone will hold the Indian's tomahawk choppers) :popcorneater:

The home side is in a bad need of repair. Several of the levels are not even level even more. I thought the top looked like it was in better shape than the back, but apparently people who know how a stadium work want to fix the top of it. It is an old old stadium that you don't really see a lot of people using anymore. South has the concrete thing going, but their side is build into the side of that hill and is in awesome condition by comparision.

The away side is just regular metal bleachers the same size as Crockett's. Small teams, just enough room, when South came to play....it looked like they were not even useful. Most teams that come visit fill up all along the side of the track. The South and Crockett games were the two biggest home games this past year, and both were just where ever you could end up standing around the stadium unless you set up a blanket either the night before or early Friday morning.

When Boone beat Elizabethton in the playoffs 4 or 5 years ago, the brought down some bleachers from the baseball stadiums and that helped a bit, but I think there were only two they had available. They were put on the track away from the fieldhouse so....not a good view and I don't think many people used them.

I don't think Boone can find any seating for the DB Band....unless they decide to give away the home side. Looks like DB's band will either take up the entire away side or be standing in the far back corner. It is the only place I see them able to be.

They were open last year '04. This just means a cramped seating arrangement got downright crowded. The visitors side was already inadequate for games vs. teams like South, Dobyns-Bennett, and Tennessee High. Many of the South fans sat on Boone's side last year because we knew to get there when the gates opened. they could at least bring in aluminum bleachers to put in the endzones for the respective bands. (If 1 end zone will hold the Indian's tomahawk choppers) :thumb:

The home side is in a bad need of repair. Several of the levels are not even level even more. I thought the top looked like it was in better shape than the back, but apparently people who know how a stadium work want to fix the top of it. It is an old old stadium that you don't really see a lot of people using anymore. South has the concrete thing going, but their side is build into the side of that hill and is in awesome condition by comparision.

The away side is just regular metal bleachers the same size as Crockett's. Small teams, just enough room, when South came to play....it looked like they were not even useful. Most teams that come visit fill up all along the side of the track. The South and Crockett games were the two biggest home games this past year, and both were just where ever you could end up standing around the stadium unless you set up a blanket either the night before or early Friday morning.

When Boone beat Elizabethton in the playoffs 4 or 5 years ago, the brought down some bleachers from the baseball stadiums and that helped a bit, but I think there were only two they had available. They were put on the track away from the fieldhouse so....not a good view and I don't think many people used them.

I don't think Boone can find any seating for the DB Band....unless they decide to give away the home side. Looks like DB's band will either take up the entire away side or be standing in the far back corner. It is the only place I see them able to be.

I'll vote for the band to get into marching shape by standing

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they picked up some pointers on how to build a offensive line and how to use a weight room.

I got a question for you waco. How is an offensive line gonna stop a team when all we had was a one man show? They know who the ball is going to and were he is going? The other teams have studied the taped and figured out a brilliant fix to every play and that is, stack the box and there is noway he is comming through. The only way CS could have had a great year was if his OL was so dominate that NOBODY could stop them at any given moment. Maybe a line of Hulks. This is just not realistic. Dont get me wrong, its not CS fault either but nor is it the OL. I have heard the fans degrade the OL all last year and starting of this year and the truth this, when you only got 1 man to worry about, it's really not that hard to defend it when you know he is coming up the middle. On the same note the new offense will help because it will spread them out and give more options. We will have close to the same OL as last year :roflol: .

I hope they picked up some pointers on how to build a offensive line and how to use a weight room.

I got a question for you waco. How is an offensive line gonna stop a team when all we had was a one man show? They know who the ball is going to and were he is going? The other teams have studied the taped and figured out a brilliant fix to every play and that is, stack the box and there is noway he is comming through. The only way CS could have had a great year was if his OL was so dominate that NOBODY could stop them at any given moment. Maybe a line of Hulks. This is just not realistic. Dont get me wrong, its not CS fault either but nor is it the OL. I have heard the fans degrade the OL all last year and starting of this year and the truth this, when you only got 1 man to worry about, it's really not that hard to defend it when you know he is coming up the middle. On the same note the new offense will help because it will spread them out and give more options. We will have close to the same OL as last year :roflol: .

Some truth in what you say. But, I still gotta pack a lot of the blame on the offensive line. They were for the most part, small & weak and lacking in the fundementals. I think their lack of dedication was their biggest weakness. Our offensive line got pushed around by Volunteer and Central. Our quarterback had to run for his life also as did the other runningbacks (when they got to touch the ball). Swafford should have been brought up at half season and Steele never got the touches he should of. If our offensive line is "close" to the same this year we're in big trouble, spread or no spread. Anybody got word if the "Team" is working out now or is it just a handfull like the last couple years.

Without going back and looking at the Central and Volunteer games,I know the subs played a huge part in those games. Hayworth is a beast,and Hall looks very strong this year as well.Leeper had to have surgery last year and should be back strong.This year,we need much more depth and I don't know if it will be there or not.I've heard about a handfull to go with Hayworth,Hall and Leeper and I'm worried about depth against the real good teams.It killed us when Hanson and Fuller were hurt or not able to play last year.I have seen the team and the speed we have.Whatever line we have will still be enough to crush most of the locals.I'm worried about when the playoffs come,but really like this bunch of kids and hope they can make a strong run.

I got a question for you waco. How is an offensive line gonna stop a team when all we had was a one man show? They know who the ball is going to and were he is going? The other teams have studied the taped and figured out a brilliant fix to every play and that is, stack the box and there is noway he is comming through. The only way CS could have had a great year was if his OL was so dominate that NOBODY could stop them at any given moment. Maybe a line of Hulks. This is just not realistic. Dont get me wrong, its not CS fault either but nor is it the OL. I have heard the fans degrade the OL all last year and starting of this year and the truth this, when you only got 1 man to worry about, it's really not that hard to defend it when you know he is coming up the middle. On the same note the new offense will help because it will spread them out and give more options. We will have close to the same OL as last year :roflolk: .

Some truth in what you say. But, I still gotta pack a lot of the blame on the offensive line. They were for the most part, small & weak and lacking in the fundementals. I think their lack of dedication was their biggest weakness. Our offensive line got pushed around by Volunteer and Central. Our quarterback had to run for his life also as did the other runningbacks (when they got to touch the ball). Swafford should have been brought up at half season and Steele never got the touches he should of. If our offensive line is "close" to the same this year we're in big trouble, spread or no spread. Anybody got word if the "Team" is working out now or is it just a handfull like the last couple years.

I agree with you in the fundemental dept. that they did lack in some but I will have to disagree with you on the QB situation. Last years QB could not complete a pass and with in 2 seconds your play should be in action. I sit and counted 4-6 seconds plus and he still had the ball in hand. The line cant hold them out forever. I dont think the QB got sacked very many times at all but I do remember one hard one.The reason we ran CS so much is because the passes could not be completed and that knocked Steele out. RC should have been used more at TE because the QB would have had a better chance at completeing the short pass. One of the biggest things is the QB wanted to run the ball for the yardage. Also one more thing I agree with you on is team play and we did not have alot of that all over the field last year!