Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

I saw the DB Farragut game last year and all you DB fans saying how good they were and all this. You saw what happen last year.

When you enter a thread you need to know what your talking about! Everyone from DB knew it would be a down year for them. And then when Farragut played DB, the Tribe gave them their credit that was due. Sometimes you can make yourself look real stupid, hint, hint! :thumb:

I like the work I'm seeing from the guys this off season.Some of the 10th graders are really hitting the weights and it's good to see Chris and the speed guys working on the track !

"Some" of the 10th graders? "Some"?

You had better believe that ALL of the Maryville 10th graders are "really" hitting the weights!

"Some" will not cut it. It will take "All".

I like the work I'm seeing from the guys this off season.Some of the 10th graders are really hitting the weights and it's good to see Chris and the speed guys working on the track !

"Some" of the 10th graders? "Some"?

You had better believe that ALL of the Maryville 10th graders are "really" hitting the weights!

"Some" will not cut it. It will take "All".

I said some,because of the few that I have talked to or have heard about.The same with the 11th graders that will be seniors.I agree that they should all be 100 % after it

Any word on the rumor of an offensive system change for the Dobyns-Bennett?

I don't know what they have in mind for next years offense.We have a few guys that can run real good but most of them don't have the arm strenth that we have seen over the last several years at QB.I don't think it will matter one way or the other for all but a couple of the local teams next year.Can we run some kind of option and keep Maryville honest without putting it up ? I know in the spread you could use Seabolt as a throwing wideout,and have Chris along with a couple more speed backs and go all over the place.I can just see the really good coached teams keying on everyone and stacking the front.Who knows,maybe we could run as good as the 5A state champs a couple of years ago did, without putting it up.Oakland was more of a run over you team however. On the defensive side,I really think we have a chance to be special with our three linebackers and some returning players.Getting a big nose man that doesn't have to play on the offensive side would be huge for the front six.

Well what I'm hearing is that DB is going to be the spread option, the same offense Georgia Tech uses. It can be a very effective offense but you really need the right personal to run it. You need a very virsital QB, along with 3 good running backs. A few recievers would help as well. Do you guys have these things in your back pocket?

Well DB has Chris Sensabaugh at running back, thats a lock. Add Devaun Swafford to the backfield, along with Malik Forman & Seabolt. This could be the most talented DB backfield ever. And don't forget about Seth Barger & Chris Cook who are very good athletes and can play there also or any other skill positions. We will have Clark back at receiver whos sure handed and very smart on the field, the transfer from Washington who I hear is a big time receiver and also has good size. The only question mark is as its been the past two years. Will the offensive line be up to the challange? Our backfield could be running for their life instead of first downs.

We have just not had depth at any place over the last couple of years.I remember about 140 out for spring three years ago and we were talking about having cuts like in baseball and basketball.That fall I think our logo was 100 strong and one heartbeat.I would take 60 that are really working with all they have and be a very strong two deep team.We need that up front for sure.It all starts with the big guys and we shouldn't have to be playing running backs and linebackers on either side of the line.