Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

I just look forward to shooting the breeze with coach Watson during track season and then seeing what the guys have done this winter in the weight room come spring practice time. I didn't get to talk to all the coaches a few weeks ago,but they are a very good bunch and I hope they have the horses and the luck this year to have a great team.

Week one is all I need to say. Better ride in a comfortable bus because its gonna be a long trip back. :o The dragons will roll and start their season off on a high note, by beating the so called best high school program in TN to never win a state title twice in two years :lol: get ready for it

Um, you beat the DB Indians on their worst year in like 30 seasons. If I look back, it was one of Clintons best and you barely won with a few bad calls DB's way. See, at DB home games we don't get homer calls cause all the locals hate us. So same game last year at your place, DB wins. Yep, I said it. Now wait until the game, you caught DB at their worst on your high and gonna trash talk?

DB got beat soundly by Farragut. That was the only regular season game the Indians should of lost. And yes Im saying DB should of won the TH game. They held their own and actually outplayed Sevier Co. in the first half. The second half of that game was filled with stupid mistakes by DB. The reason lots of fans that witnessed the game were upset with DB 'giving up" was because on Sevier County's last TD run about half the team more or less just stood there and let it happen. Yes, they were already beat but that was something DB fans had never seen before from the players. Alot of people were upset after that.

Did you just say that DB should have won the TH game???

DB got beat soundly by Farragut. That was the only regular season game the Indians should of lost. And yes Im saying DB should of won the TH game. They held their own and actually outplayed Sevier Co. in the first half. The second half of that game was filled with stupid mistakes by DB. The reason lots of fans that witnessed the game were upset with DB 'giving up" was because on Sevier County's last TD run about half the team more or less just stood there and let it happen. Yes, they were already beat but that was something DB fans had never seen before from the players. Alot of people were upset after that.

Did you just say that DB should have won the TH game???

Yeah...Whacko isn't it. Kind of like repeating over and over and over how DB crushed, blew out, stomped, etc., South this year. One poor decision on a pass right before half (14 point swing) and a missed tackle were the difference. I call it the Dobyns Bennett Superiority Complex. It is said this is a defense mechanism constructed by individuals who are unable to overcome an inferiority complex.

Sounds about right.

The one team that DB played this year and I could say after it was over{We couldn't beat these guys if we played a hundred times{was Maryville}.Tennessee High just flat out put a first half beat down on us and deserved the win.If I were to be honest,I would say Dobyns Bennett beats Boone more than South in a ten game deal,but the results are what they are.If DB had played every game like they did at South,it would have been a great year.I think Maryvile would have beat us something like 35-13,but we would have got beat in the second or third round.The worst loss from a DB stand point in the last few years was McMinn co.I think that was their one in a hundred chance to beat us,and they made good on it.

Add Farragut to the list.

The only two games I saw last year were the Farragut and Maryville games.

Both were ugly.

I'll agree that there were a few games on your list that you probably should have won. What I keep seeing from a lot of the fans are what games you could have potentially won. Stupid mistakes, penalties, and "giving up" (to use another posters phrase) was part of your mentality this year. I'm not saying it from an observation but from what I've heard time and again from DB fans posting on here. I thought you should have won the Farragut game but lost Sevier, Maryville, TN High. Boone could have gone either way and the coin flipped in our corner. One team capitalizes on it that is how it goes and that's how you have a good team. Boone could have flubbed up the chances you all gave us but didn't, it's how it all played out. DB was probably a 7-3 team this past year, but it all comes down to attitude and coaching to see how that plays out.

The difference in Maryville and the other games were athletes and coaches.Farragut had the best of the rest,but we were inside their 10 three times and didn't score.The only chance we had against Maryville was after our defense got a three and out to start the game,our "special teams" let the punter pick up a bad snap at his own 10 and run for a first down.We could have been first and goal had we just left the defense in.From that point,we couldn't do anything against them.We ran out of gas against Farragut,but never stopped and got any before the TH game.The TH game was Flu week for us,but as I said,they earned it.Stupid stuff is part of it,and a loss is a loss.We could have done a few more stupid things and lost to DC as well.Dobyns Bennett was as much better against McMinn two years ago as they were Central this year,that's why I rate it as the worst loss in resent years.

The difference in Maryville and the other games were athletes and coaches.Farragut had the best of the rest,but we were inside their 10 three times and didn't score.The only chance we had against Maryville was after our defense got a three and out to start the game,our "special teams" let the punter pick up a bad snap at his own 10 and run for a first down.We could have been first and goal had we just left the defense in.From that point,we couldn't do anything against them.We ran out of gas against Farragut,but never stopped and got any before the TH game.The TH game was Flu week for us,but as I said,they earned it.Stupid stuff is part of it,and a loss is a loss.We could have done a few more stupid things and lost to DC as well.Dobyns Bennett was as much better against McMinn two years ago as thet were Central this year,that's why I rate it as the worst loss in resent years.

Well I think everyone noticed you had a lot more losses this year than any other, but I also think that everyone fully expects you to bounce back and be a more dominate team next year.

We will lose a few good players,but not the skill players that TH and Clinton do.We should be right up there in the conference with the other top teams,but I really don't know what we can do with the big dogs come playoff time next year.We have blown some great chances over the years,but the mountains are somewhat higher down around Knoxville than they have been in a while,big time when that great Oak Ridge team is back.