Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

I think we will be ok next year, because Farragut, Clinton, and Tennessee High had good underclassmen, but at a lot of positions and many of their key positions these teams had seniors, similar to our team the year before. We really don't lose anyone and I feel we will have more depth next year. Furthermore we may have a secret weapon these coaches want see until the season starts.

I think we will be ok next year, because Farragut, Clinton, and Tennessee High had good underclassmen, but at a lot of positions and many of their key positions these teams had seniors, similar to our team the year before. We really don't lose anyone and I feel we will have more depth next year. Furthermore we may have a secret weapon these coaches want see until the season starts.

Make that two secret weapon's. :popcorneater:

I think we could have some of the best linebackers since the 2006 team next year.A strong defense for sure in our conference,but will we have the speed and size to cover Maryville and the big boys come playoff time.Will the line be ready and have depth when we need it next year ? There is a huge difference in beating the locals and going to the final four,and I know those are the things our fine coaching staff will be looking to do.I'm excited about watching the guys take all the games we could have this year and I think A 9 or 10 win regular season will be done.

I heard the other day that the offensive formation change is official. I'm not worried about the offense, but I am worried about the defense. Last year our d-line was small, but there were a few bright spots. I thought the outside linebackers were good, but I felt the middle linebacker position was one of our weak points, I hope next year Graham and staff can fill the position with some players that are a little more mobile to blitz.

I heard the other day that the offensive formation change is official. I'm not worried about the offense, but I am worried about the defense. Last year our d-line was small, but there were a few bright spots. I thought the outside linebackers were good, but I felt the middle linebacker position was one of our weak points, I hope next year Graham and staff can fill the position with some players that are a little more mobile to blitz.

Our whole team was small last year.We played full backs at defensive ends and defensive backs at full back.We didn't have the size or depth to let the guys play where they should have.I think with Cross coming back,Allen and one of my favorte players Rusty Clark,we should be real strong at linebacker.I like having Allen and paul in the backfield for some bigger guys to block and pound the ball.The big factor on defense will be a monster nose man that we need to let our speed ends and linebackers get to the ball.We need more size and strenth on the offensive line to help our great backs and whoever the QB is.Another Adams at receiver wouldn't hurt either.I was watching the Maryville game today,and we have to get more speed on the field everywhere.

Our kicking game was......well pretty weak up until the last part of the season. I think there was a big improvement toward the end. I was maybe the biggest critic, but that probably wasn't fair. We had a freshman kicker and you don't see that very often. The new student as I understand will be a senior next year. I have heard that he is pretty good. We will see. Either way, if he wins the job it will give the other kicker more time to develope and will still have two years to kick. Or he wins the job next year and becomes our kicker for the next three years. I think we will be in good shape in the kicking dept. once again.

Our kicking game was......well pretty weak up until the last part of the season. I think there was a big improvement toward the end. I was maybe the biggest critic, but that probably wasn't fair. We had a freshman kicker and you don't see that very often. The new student as I understand will be a senior next year. I have heard that he is pretty good. We will see. Either way, if he wins the job it will give the other kicker more time to develope and will still have two years to kick. Or he wins the job next year and becomes our kicker for the next three years. I think we will be in good shape in the kicking dept. once again.

That first game when we were inside Farragut's 10 so many times and couldn't get a point was pretty sad.We had a former DB kicker work with the guys on his own time and he really helped the young guys out as the season went along.The restaurant he manages was a great help for the weekly awards as well.