Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

Maryville was young last year as well.I'm just glad we are going to have the speed to take care of teams that we gave way to much to in the way of mistakes last year.

Who are you all scrimmaging this year? Wasn't last year where you scrimmaged Maryville to a tie?

Knox Halls this spring.A scrimmage is just that,a practice.Maryville got better last year and we were banged up and had a lot of players quit when times were not great.Our offense had very few weapons as well and it made for A long year when key lineman and Chris were hurt at bad times.The speed DB normally has was just not there overall.That is the thing that will be different this year.I don't know about depth on the line,but speed will cure a lot of things.

Is that scrimmage this friday @ Halls around 5?

I love to read about what DB is going to all winter plus spring and good they are going be and when the season starts thaey should be the #1 team in the state. They can't get past the first round of the playoffs and until last year it is usually the #4 seed team that knocks them off at there place all the got to do is beat Science Hill in this new playoff and there in. Got to love it. Maybe thats why there is not so many people writing on this board this year.

Yes there have been a lot of disapointing ways to end DB's season's.I just happen to {as you say} love it {DB football}.I have watched the kids that have gone through here during the past few years,and think a lot about them and a few of their parents.Nomatter what many think of GC and his staff,I allso have to stand behind them for what they have done for many of these kids.On a personal note,I have no choice but to hold coach Clark and his staff in the highest of regards and will support this program as long as he is the man.I can't think of a program that I'd rather pull for than DB and if you don't get a little excited before the season,than you might as well say home and watch the grass grow.I knew we didn't have but a few horses in the stable last year, and could have had a few better showings in the playoffs,but I wouldn't trade DB for any other. There has been some success in the playoffs and several state championships before they begain years ago and no team in the state has won as many football games.The young men fight just as hard now as they did then for DB,and yes I'm excited about next year,nomatter what happens in the playoffs.

I love to read about what DB is going to all winter plus spring and good they are going be and when the season starts thaey should be the #1 team in the state. They can't get past the first round of the playoffs and until last year it is usually the #4 seed team that knocks them off at there place all the got to do is beat Science Hill in this new playoff and there in. Got to love it. Maybe thats why there is not so many people writing on this board this year.

Yes there have been a lot of disapointing ways to end DB's season's.I just happen to {as you say} love it {DB football}.I have watched the kids that have gone through here during the past few years,and think a lot about them and a few of their parents.Nomatter what many think of GC and his staff,I allso have to stand behind them for what they have done for many of these kids.On a personal note,I have no choice but to hold coach Clark and his staff in the highest of regards and will support this program as long as he is the man.I can't think of a program that I'd rather pull for than DB and if you don't get a little excited before the season,than you might as well say home and watch the grass grow.I knew we didn't have but a few horses in the stable last year, and could have had a few better showings in the playoffs,but I wouldn't trade DB for any other. There has been some success in the playoffs and several state championships before they begain years ago and no team in the state has won as many football games.The young men fight just as hard now as they did then for DB,and yes I'm excited about next year,nomatter what happens in the playoffs.

Well for one I am not from DB and after watching you guys play Farragut last year don't think I will be watching any this year. I think it is amazing how you people talk before the season starts and at the end of the season you guys don't know what to say. I say your best dinner tray is CROW.

I love to read about what DB is going to do all winter plus spring and how good they are going to be and when the season starts they should be the #1 team in the state. They can't get past the first round of the playoffs and until last year it is usually a #4 seed team that knocks them off at there own place. All they got to do now is beat Science Hill in this new playoff and there in. Got to love it. Maybe thats why there is not so many people writing on this board this year.

Yeah, I am going to defend DB on this one. First off, this thread is just as long as the thread focusing on the Region I AAA, and most of this thread is DB. As for the playoffs, that is DB's business and I would say they are due for a third round run pretty soon. Finally, they do NOT just have to beat SH to get in, it all comes down to overall wins now again does it not? So would a 5-5 DB make it last year...probably. Would a 4-6 DB team make it now? Probably not. I am not sure if the rules reflect this or not. SH is into rebuilding, and I am sure that DB knows that there is a possibility SH could be finally putting together a good program. DB has a tough schedule again this year....Clinton, Farragut, Sevier, and Boone (off the top of my head) should be good ones this year. SH could even make a show out of it (still way too early to tell).

As for DB in the future, I think the fans will want to keep the tough schedule in the future, even if it is going to be overall wins for the next three seasons. Any lower team would love to play DB simply for the amount of money they would make at the gate with DB teams rolling into their school. I think DB fans expect more and want more, and that makes me proud to have them in the conference because that is what other teams (and fans) should be looking for. Getting to the playoffs isn't enough anymore, that should be a given. Going deep and being successful is what Kingsport wants, and it is want other teams out there should want to.

AVF,the only one's that had Crow are the one's that said we would beat Farragut and so on.I had to explain myself several times before that game .People thought I wasn't giving us a chance,but I was just trying to keep it real for our young team and tell people that we were not a top ten team last year.Farragut was a good team,as were many of the 5A teams we played last year.You can be undeated and ranked number 2 in the state next year and still get beat by four touchdowns against a program like Maryville.That includes every other team in the state,

I love to read about what DB is going to do all winter plus spring and how good they are going to be and when the season starts they should be the #1 team in the state. They can't get past the first round of the playoffs and until last year it is usually a #4 seed team that knocks them off at there own place. All they got to do now is beat Science Hill in this new playoff and there in. Got to love it. Maybe thats why there is not so many people writing on this board this year.

Well I guess you have selective memory because DB doesn't lose in the first round every year. We have been to the quarter's and the semi's. Yes DB has had a bad run as of late but we're not even close to being the one and done kings in the state. Heck even South has more first round loses. Either way we're lucky to be DB fans and have a good team to pull for every year. We could be like you. Your team must never have a winning season if you'd rather pull against DB than support your own school. You sound alot like that former "Mo-Ron of the Year" winner "03". Am I right?

Well I guess you have selective memory because DB doesn't lose in the first round every year. We have been to the quarter's and the semi's. Yes DB has had a bad run as of late but we're not even close to being the one and done kings in the state. Heck even South has more first round loses. Either way we're lucky to be DB fans and have a good team to pull for every year. We could be like you. Your team must never have a winning season if you'd rather pull against DB than support your own school. You sound alot like that former "Mo-Ron of the Year" winner "03". Am I right?

I am from West Knoxville seen Farragut beat you guys several time, plus what about last year man not very good for you guys. What I know the last 4 or 5 years you guys have been knocked off in the first round and most of the time it was a 4th seeded time McMinn County well no need to go on. O well like I said it is fun reading your post and after it is all over well go get some crow and just blame the coach.

I am from West Knoxville seen Farragut beat you guys several time, plus what about last year man not very good for you guys. What I know the last 4 or 5 years you guys have been knocked off in the first round and most of the time it was a 4th seeded time McMinn County well no need to go on. O well like I said it is fun reading your post and after it is all over well go get some crow and just blame the coach.

West Knoxville my backside. Your just another upper east tn. DB hater. And if you've seen Farragut beat us several "time" then you must be pretty old. By the way arn't you that guy that got arrested for stalking Adam Lambert? They should of arrested you for possession of a Vowel with intent to Spell.

NO not that person lets see 95,07,08,09 is when Farragut beat you guys. Then Maryville beat you last year in the first round year before McMinn County beat you guys in the last min on the kickoff in 08. Want to eat so more crow you seem to like it. Not much big on DB just like to read your guys post then watch you guys fall in the first round seem this new playoff they have started make it a whole lot easier to get in best one team "man thats got to be hard to do"

NO not that person lets see 95,07,08,09 is when Farragut beat you guys. Then Maryville beat you last year in the first round year before McMinn County beat you guys in the last min on the kickoff in 08. Want to eat so more crow you seem to like it. Not much big on DB just like to read your guys post then watch you guys fall in the first round seem this new playoff they have started make it a whole lot easier to get in best one team "man thats got to be hard to do"

Well Im just waiting on the day when you get out of the 5th grade so we good debate about football. But until then, I don't think you'll be able to point out a post made by me claiming we would beat Farragut, Maryville, or any other team in the playoffs. And I don't think there was but a handful of DB fans that made the claim either. The vast number of DB fans have respect for teams we play in the playoffs. If you ever have time to check in on the other threads come playoff time you won't see any difference in the fans making predictions. You need to figure out what eating crow means. I actually think you might even be a crow, because thats all your doing here. Crowing! :roflol: And please study the playoff system because your not on the same page with the rest of us. Antway you get a good nights sleep and maybe tommorrow will be a better day.

Well Im just waiting on the day when you get out of the 5th grade so we good debate about football. But until then, I don't think you'll be able to point out a post made by me claiming we would beat Farragut, Maryville, or any other team in the playoffs. And I don't think there was but a handful of DB fans that made the claim either. The vast number of DB fans have respect for teams we play in the playoffs. If you ever have time to check in on the other threads come playoff time you won't see any difference in the fans making predictions. You need to figure out what eating crow means. I actually think you might even be a crow, because thats all your doing here. Crowing! :roflol: And please study the playoff system because your not on the same page with the rest of us. Antway you get a good nights sleep and maybe tommorrow will be a better day.

Yea it will be a good day tomorrow thinking of you and keep getting on your nerves. We want say crow no more we will say it most be the coaches fault like you always do. I do read your post after you guys lose in the first around of the playoff. Let see 2008-2009 how great you guys were 10-0 and then get beat by a 4th seed McMinn County in the first round man that most stink and then last year. O well most be the coach not eating any crow.