Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

Hey guys, when was the last time you had a down year or two? '94/'95? How long before that? So we have to go back 15 years to see a rebuild? Pretty good statistics if you ask me. Everyone feels your power this season. Two good linemen can go a long distance in grooming the rest of the line. It's a long way 'till August. My concern would not be your line. It would be your QB. Everyone knows this position can make or break you. Yes, a powerfull line is a full tank of gas. But a great line cannot overcome an inadequate QB. My view.

Hey guys, when was the last time you had a down year or two? '94/'95? How long before that? So we have to go back 15 years to see a rebuild? Pretty good statistics if you ask me. Everyone feels your power this season. Two good linemen can go a long distance in grooming the rest of the line. It's a long way 'till August. My concern would not be your line. It would be your QB. Everyone knows this position can make or break you. Yes, a powerfull line is a full tank of gas. But a great line cannot overcome an inadequate QB. My view.

Hey Guys, :roflolk: A powerfull line will make a average QB look awsome. My view

Without going back and looking at the Central and Volunteer games,I know the subs played a huge part in those games. Hayworth is a beast,and Hall looks very strong this year as well.Leeper had to have surgery last year and should be back strong.This year,we need much more depth and I don't know if it will be there or not.I've heard about a handfull to go with Hayworth,Hall and Leeper and I'm worried about depth against the real good teams.It killed us when Hanson and Fuller were hurt or not able to play last year.I have seen the team and the speed we have.Whatever line we have will still be enough to crush most of the locals.I'm worried about when the playoffs come,but really like this bunch of kids and hope they can make a strong run.

Hey BatmanDB, how have you been? I havent talk to you since last season. From what i hear , it sounds like DB will be loaded on the line and in the backfield this season. I knew you guys wouldnt stay down very long. How many players did you lose to graduation? We lost 18... :roll: Im really excited about you guys coming down in week 1! I hope you guys have a great summer and we will see you in August. :roflolk:

92Dragon, were doing fine up here.I don't know about the depth on the line,but have two or three real good ones.If everything goes as I hope,we will have a whole lot more in the way of options to move the ball on offense.We should have a lot more speed all over the field on both sides.We lose three first team all conference,one 2ed team player and three honorable mention all conference players,our QB was one of these guys and signed to play at a small college.We have a lot of young guys that have speed and return to play offense, defense or both.Among them are some good skill players in Sensabaugh,Seabolt,Steele and Clark.We have a transfer that may be the best football player on the field if he is eligible in time to play.

Comp, I feel really confident in our QB this year. He is a very smart and consistent player. I'm with Batman on our depth though. Not sure about it yet.

Hey Guys, :roflol: A powerfull line will make a average QB look awsome. My view

I think a powerful line will make a average RB look awesome but as for a QB if he cant hit a target then I dont think the OL will be able to help him on that.

92Dragon, were doing fine up here.I don't know about the depth on the line,but have two or three real good ones.If everything goes as I hope,we will have a whole lot more in the way of options to move the ball on offense.We should have a lot more speed all over the field on both sides.We lose three first team all conference,one 2ed team player and three honorable mention all conference players,our QB was one of these guys and signed to play at a small college.We have a lot of young guys that have speed and return to play offense, defense or both.Among them are some good skill players in Sensabaugh,Seabolt,Steele and Clark.We have a transfer that may be the best football player on the field if he is eligible in time to play.

Depth is an issue down here for us as well. We lost alot of seniors off last years team, but still have several talented players returning. We didnt have any scrimmages this spring because we were learning a new offense, so i dont know what kind of team we really have just yet.

Hey Guys, :roflol: A powerfull line will make a average QB look awsome. My view

I think a powerful line will make a average RB look awesome but as for a QB if he cant hit a target then I dont think the OL will be able to help him on that.

I don't know if its set in stone yet but if Seabolt ends up being our QB im not all that worried. He is an excepional athlete that never lays down on you. I think if the line gives him even average time to throw he will be fine. He can also tuck it and run with the best of them so teams might want to be careful rushing in on him.

Im 90% sure Seabolt will be our QB. Also I think you will see this team work really well together. They have been together since Middle School and before. The same thing happened to this group in 7th grade that happened all over again last year. In 7th grade they were brought up on the 8th grade team to help them out. Their 8th grade year they won the district and regionals. I know that was along time ago but it seams history repeated its self last year.

I just hope the team can get to the playoffs and be healthy and ready.I thought the best chance for a DB team to make a run was two years ago.There we stood with a team that had great senior leadership,including a bunch from Robinson that had not lost in the 8th and ninth grades either and Dobyns-Bennett was number one in the state.It sickens all of us fans and coaches to remember what happened against a team we were just dominating and should have beaten by four touchdowns.Now,we must still get by the same teams around Knoxville in order to get that semi and finals chance.However,we have to add Maryville in that mix now.I say !!,wouldn't it be great for all those{ who have played for DB}, for all those {who have had a kid give his all for the program} and for just{ all those that love DB football },to see a Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett team meet these challenges and win it all !!!!

I just hope the team can get to the playoffs and be healthy and ready.I thought the best chance for a DB team to make a run was two years ago.There we stood with a team that had great senior leadership,including a bunch from Robinson that had not lost in the 8th and ninth grades either and Dobyns-Bennett was number one in the state.It sickens all of us fans and coaches to remember what happened against a team we were just dominating and should have beaten by four touchdowns.Now,we must still get by the same teams around Knoxville in order to get that semi and finals chance.However,we have to add Maryville in that mix now.I say !!,wouldn't it be great for all those{ who have played for DB}, for all those {who have had a kid give his all for the program} and for just{ all those that love DB football },to see a Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett team meet these challenges and win it all !!!!

I think DB is doing the right thing by adding teams to their schedule from the Knoxville area. I know you guys have played Oak Ridge for a long time, but playing more than just one team in this area should help you come playoff time. Especially if you schedule the tougher teams like Farragut, Maryville, Catholic...you know, teams like that.

I agree 92.The problem last year was lack of depth and only a few key senior players on a young team for us.Then Clinton,Farragut,Sevier co.,Boone,Tennessee high,South and even David Crockett had some of the best teams that they have ever had.Key injuries and lack of depth will kill you against an average team,but you had better be 100% when you go against Maryville to boot in the playoffs.With all that considered,we were still in or could have won three games that we lost late in those contest and still beat our two biggest rivals in South and Science Hill on the road.Everyone wants to win them all,but it really test your character when you know it's going to be a tough road as we had last year.I hope our team isn't tested so much this year and we can return to what we call normal in Kingsport.It's sure a lot better being the hunted,than it is being the underdog.