Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

I watched a bunch of the DB clips today. My favorite was the 2006 game with south. I believe the final score was 44-0. Somebody correct me if im wrong on that score.

You would be absolutely 100% correct. My favorite was the 1991 game with DB, 30-0 Rebs!...I loved watching the excitement on both sides...maybe someday South will again be able to hold up it's end in this game and re-create a true rivalry.

Edited by 83SouthRebel

From what I saw at the scrimage Seabolt, Cannon, and Swafford are just going to tire out the other teams D.. which means you still can give the ball to Sensabaugh towards the end and he'll be able to use his power and plow through everyone. Looks pretty unstoppable but i guess we will have to wait to see how it does against a little better of a team.

From what I saw at the scrimage Seabolt, Cannon, and Swafford are just going to tire out the other teams D.. which means you still can give the ball to Sensabaugh towards the end and he'll be able to use his power and plow through everyone. Looks pretty unstoppable but i guess we will have to wait to see how it does against a little better of a team.

With this influx of new talent I think some people are forgeting how good Chris Sensabaugh is. I think he's still going to be the "Man" at DB. He's had to carry a lot of weight ever since he joined the varsity as a freshman. For the first time opposing teams can't load up their entire defense to stop #32. I look for Sensabaugh to have a very big year. I think if the line is back to where it should be you might have 2 backs go over 1,0000 yards. Does anyone think Seabolt and Forman might share QB duties?

With this influx of new talent I think some people are forgeting how good Chris Sensabaugh is. I think he's still going to be the "Man" at DB. He's had to carry a lot of weight ever since he joined the varsity as a freshman. For the first time opposing teams can't load up their entire defense to stop #32. I look for Sensabaugh to have a very big year. I think if the line is back to where it should be you might have 2 backs go over 1,0000 yards. Does anyone think Seabolt and Forman might share QB duties?

I'm glad that we have some more options to take the heat off of him and he want have to be the only man and take most of the hits.Chris is a great young man as well as a hard working and great athlete.Chris has not had a " Papas" type to run behind in the backfield and two of his best linemen were hurt a lot just last year.That adds up to a lot of punishment that I'm glad he doesn't have to take this year.The million dollar question you hit on the head.We have some great linemen but I don't know if we can take any injuries and be able to plug someone in.The Farragut game will be just the gauge we need to see if we can get our speed in the open.I see Seabolt playing a lot both ways,but with the game on the line,I'd say coach will go with experience every time. On the defensive side,we have a chance for Rusty and the seniors to have a great year.That's allso a place to use some of the younger guys speed in for depth.

The Indians may have something for those teams that whipped 'em last year. First up is Farragut. 4 out of the first 5 games are payback games.

Graham has dialed up the right offense for the weapons he has.

Roll Tribe Roll

Farragut was the only team during the regular season that we just didn't have the horses to match up with last year or three years ago in the playoffs.From all I'm reading,they will be younger and not as deep this year.That doesn't mean we can make all the mistakes that beat us three times early in 2009 and compete with them.Besides line depth,I worry about turnovers in this kind of offense.It sounds like a good passing team will match up better against Farragut,but I like this game to help us grow.I too hope for some payback,but the best teams we play in the Big 8 may be teams that we beat last year.I would have rather played Boone ten more times as to have played South and SH again last year.

Wow, 1st post in a long time. Good to see the Tribe looking a little more like what we're used to. Defense got taken to the woodshed quite a few times, but its early I know. We could have the best backfield i've seen in a long time, if its Seabolt, Chris, Mo and Swafford...if not something smells.