Mitchell at Lawrence County

catbacker33

From what I have read about Mitchell, your game plan for LC to prevent a loss is obvious & correct. The one added task I think has to happen is that LC needs to sacrifice one db to hit #7 hard (not jam) every snap right off the line. He seems to be the biggest key to the fast strike play other than the qb of course. This may cause another receiver to have a big game though because someone over the top will be needed as well for #7. The most important part will be getting to the qb quick. I have watched the Cats for years and do not remember a LC team with more heart & guts than this one (except the '74 team that was sooo strong). This has been a fun year as a spectator and I thank each and every one of you players for the show.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read about Mitchell, your game plan for LC to prevent a loss is obvious & correct. The one added task I think has to happen is that LC needs to sacrifice one db to hit #7 hard (not jam) every snap right off the line. He seems to be the biggest key to the fast strike play other than the qb of course. This may cause another receiver to have a big game though because someone over the top will be needed as well for #7. The most important part will be getting to the qb quick. I have watched the Cats for years and do not remember a LC team with more heart & guts than this one (except the '74 team that was sooo strong). This has been a fun year as a spectator and I thank each and every one of you players for the show.

Not to be picky,But I think they were 4-6 in 74. 1975 They were 9-2 with a 1st round play-off loss to Maplewood in the Clinic Bowl.Maplewood boasted Preston Brown and E.J. Junior. Both of whom went on to star in the SEC and the NFL.In any event.Congratulations and Good luck to the Wildcats! :shock:

While I have not seen LC play, I'll be 100% SHOCKED if LC's dares to play ANY of Mitchell's receivers that closely!

------------------------------------------------------------

My gut tells me that LC is gonna play a "cover-2" and just try and keep everything in front of them, and focus on avoiding giving up the big-play. I really think that LC will likely give a 5 or 6 yard cushion to Mitchell's receivers. Then, upon the snap, the DB's will immediately go into back-peddle mode....Of course, this then opens up a whole new can of worms.

I suspect that LC will likely try and force Mitchell into the short, "dink and dunk" type passing game. This way, it significantly reduces the odds of a killer, Mitchell big-play. It also has the added benefit of forcing Mitchell to sustain drives and eat up clock, thereby "shortening" the game....to LC's advantage, IMO.

If this situation indeed does materialize, the key question in my mind then becomes--will Mitchell's coaching staff make the necessary offensive adjustments, with their passing game?

At the end of the day, regardless of what type of defensive scheme Lawrence County throws at Mitchell, LC's defensive backs are guaranteed to get severely tested--ALL NIGHT LONG, right from Mitchell's opening snap! Their ability to contain Mitchell's receivers will figure most prominently in LC's chances at victory.

Lawrence is a great team. the best line i have played......

but they don't play for a full 4 qu....but who knows its been like ten weeks since we played them... maybe they got the stuff together

I'm looking for some honest, UNBIASED answers to a couple of key questions (from anyone with the knowledge). I'm not looking for stats or anything, just your own assessment-- based on what you've noticed to be the case, more often than not:

Craigmont fans, please don't hesitate to add your 2-cents worth.

--------------------------------------------------------

1) How would you GRADE Lawrence County's SECONDARY play, over the course of the season

-- (i.e. just like in school....... A, B, C, D or F)

2) Has LC played a team, this season, that passes the ball over 60% of the time?

a) If so, who was it?

:thumb: How did LC's secondary perform?

3) How has LC's pass-rush been (pressure, sacks, etc), over the course of the season

-- ( same grading scale as above)

4) Your GUT feeling....how do you expect LC's secondary (and pass rush) to perform vs Mitchell?

-------------------------------------

Thanks. :thumb:

Lawrence is a great team. the best line i have played......

but they don't play for a full 4 qu....but who knows its been like ten weeks since we played them... maybe they got the stuff together

I'm looking for some honest, UNBIASED answers to a couple of key questions (from anyone with the knowledge). I'm not looking for stats or anything, just your own assessment-- based on what you've noticed to be the case, more often than not:

Craigmont fans, please don't hesitate to add your 2-cents worth.

--------------------------------------------------------

1) How would you GRADE Lawrence County's SECONDARY play, over the course of the season

-- (i.e. just like in school....... A, B, C, D or F)

2) Has LC played a team, this season, that passes the ball over 60% of the time?

a) If so, who was it?

:idea: How did LC's secondary perform?

3) How has LC's pass-rush been (pressure, sacks, etc), over the course of the season

-- ( same grading scale as above)

4) Your GUT feeling....how do you expect LC's secondary (and pass rush) to perform vs Mitchell?

-------------------------------------

Thanks. :idea:

1)A 2)No 3)To get a pass rush Blair(#1) is inserted at end.Without him they cannot rush 4 and pressure the qb.They have to blitz putting their secondary in man-Man coverage.4)I don't think they can match up with mitchell's recievers, but they have been surprising all year long so I won't discount The secondary completely. 5) Lawrence county's best chance is to shorten the game using their potent ground attack and score every possession.I also feel it will take no turnovers from LCHS and at LEAST 3 from mitchell for the wilcats to win. GoVols !:lol: