Northeast vs. Beech

tandem

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lockdowncorner, I am sorry you feel that way! Your eagles struggled with the commandos, a team the BUCCANEERS beat 29-7 during the regular season. I like the Bucs to win this 24-7. The Bucs will be at home for the 2nd round and I think they take care of business.

More like 21-9....

But I look for Northeasts speed to keep this one some what close. If Beech eliminates Northeasts big plays then they get the W with ease. Good luck to both.

Here's a dumb question that I should know the answer to. Does the higher seeded team always get the home game? If this is the case, how will they determine home field when they get to the semi's?

I always thought the higher seed got homefield but ive heard that in the 3rd rd the team on the top of the bracket is the host. So if an 8 seed plays a 2 seed the 8 seed would be home, sounds crazy but thats what ive heard and im not positive so dont take my word for it.

"In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

straight from the TSSAA website... its strange what a little research can do to straighten some things out for people who "hear" things

Now Now Bama4Life... I would hope that you wouldn't think previous scores against common opponents would have anything at all to do with the outcome of these two teams Fri. night. The score was actually 21-9 and I don't believe these two teams played against each other this year. This is the playoffs afterall and the loser goes home...so there's a little more incentive than in the regular season. I know Beech (your team) is the favorite but I like the Eagles chances in this one.