CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBD, You and GVK need to take a day off and come let Bridge and I treat you to some BOH! :roflol:

Thats some good vittles right thar! :mrgreen: I know they close at 2pm, so I'll get with GVK and see what his schedule is like.

Congrats on the Tornadoes win over Tyner, did Alcoa ever get challenged? I could feel the "love' when I saw the Alcoa "to do list" sign that had Maryville & CAK checked off. :twisted: At least we're in good company. Do you have any special treats planned for the Warrior fans to entice them to make the drive to Aluminumville? Fireworks? Double Angus Band Burgers? Laser light show? Garth Brooks singing the national anthem? Anything......?

FBD, You and GVK need to take a day off and come let Bridge and I treat you to some BOH! :roflol:

Thats some good vittles right thar! :mrgreen: I know they close at 2pm, so I'll get with GVK and see what his schedule is like.

Congrats on the Tornadoes win over Tyner, did Alcoa ever get challenged? I could feel the "love' when I saw the Alcoa "to do list" sign that had Maryville & CAK checked off. :thumb: At least we're in good company. Do you have any special treats planned for the Warrior fans to entice them to make the drive to Aluminumville? Fireworks? Double Angus Band Burgers? Laser light show? Garth Brooks singing the national anthem? Anything......?

I went to the game 2 weeks ago and CAK got pushed around pretty bad, expect the same thing this week, maybe a little worse..... :twisted:

Congrats on the Tornadoes win over Tyner, did Alcoa ever get challenged? I could feel the "love' when I saw the Alcoa "to do list" sign that had Maryville & CAK checked off. :thumb: At least we're in good company. Do you have any special treats planned for the Warrior fans to entice them to make the drive to Aluminumville? Fireworks? Double Angus Band Burgers? Laser light show? Garth Brooks singing the national anthem? Anything......?

I went to the game 2 weeks ago and CAK got pushed around pretty bad, expect the same thing this week, maybe a little worse..... :twisted:

No doubt Alcoa pushes people around including my Warriors. But through my glasses I saw a CAK team that didn't run around any blocks, that wasn't intimidated one bit, that made the Tornadoes earn practically everything they got. Credit goes to Alcoa for playing well. I expect our guys to go to Alcoa and battle just as hard.

For CAK to have a chance, they have to get #15 and #21 the ball. I think they each caught one ball against Alcoa the first time. They both are in top 10 prepxtra receiving and did not get into the flow of the offense. They got the ball again last week and CAK put 30 plus on the board again. Obviously CAK did not play the defense last week that Alcoa has, but it would be nice to see them play to their strengths. Running #8 up the middle is not a strength against Alcoa

I have read all these fans posts from other teams talking about how their team got the shaft from the TSSAA on their seeding. No team got the shaft like CAK did. CAK went 9-1 and they have to play Alcoa again this week.

You may be right RR, I would have liked to seen my guys get treated just a little bit better with a better placement in the brackets, but no need for us to complain publicly, that would only get us labeled as cry babies. :hungry: Of course your team plays the Tornadoes every year, unlike the other Blount Co. teams, and we usually end up playing them twice a year. Such is our lot for the time being. But it does provide us a "big stage" each year to demonstrate what you can accomplish when you work hard, play as a team, and are well coached. CAK may or may not ever beat Alcoa, but I do believe our guys conduct themselves in a way to earn the respect of most of our opponents. Good luck to your Rebels, I have the uttmost respect for the Maryville program, from top to bottom. :popcorneater:

CAK defense played well enough to give the offense a chance last time. Offense had too many 3 and outs and did not put any pressure on the Tornadoes. When you face a great team with tradition like Alcoa, you must do everything right and hope they make a mistake. So far, Alcoa has been excellent.

For CAK to have a chance, they have to get #15 and #21 the ball. I think they each caught one ball against Alcoa the first time. They both are in top 10 prepxtra receiving and did not get into the flow of the offense. They got the ball again last week and CAK put 30 plus on the board again. Obviously CAK did not play the defense last week that Alcoa has, but it would be nice to see them play to their strengths. Running #8 up the middle is not a strength against Alcoa

I'll agree with you Shark about Alcoa being really tough up the middle on defense, BUT, I honestly believe we abandoned that part of our game way too early last time. Against McMinn Central we had a RB right at 100 yards rushing. If you review the Alcoa game you will notice that #8 actually had some 3-5 yard gains on rushes up the middle. Now that doesn't sound too sexy to fans accustom to seeing aerial quick strike scores like CAK demonstrates often against other opponents. But running the football keeps the clock moving, takes a bit of the pressure off the QB & receivers, helps slow down the pass rush, and prevents those LB's from dropping so quickly into pass coverage in the middle of the field. I believe we had several opportunities for the QB to tuck it and run and help move the chains, but we didn't take advantage of that. While I like #15 & #21 getting the ball down field, I believe we need to be a bit more patient offensively and take the underneath stuff that Alcoa was giving us. IMHO I don't believe the answer is continually trying to force the deep ball. Against great teams you have to shorten the game, eliminate mistakes & turnovers, minimize penalties, and hope your opponent helps you out somewhere along the way.