Pre-Season Rankings

mjuhb

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean father ryan does have john rohling... probably the second best field player in d2 behind kyle stoney of course.

i saw kyle stoney in the state championship game last year. i was surprised when i barely recognized him this year when i saw him playing football for the fighting irish. kyle has bulked up and i am not sure how this will affect him on the soccer field this spring. he could be the next max jarrell, a beast on the field, or a flop if it slows him down

• 1 month later...
i do not see how boyd-Buchanan can be ranked ahead of East Ridge. I understand that they are returning a lot, but so is ER, and in the previous four matchups beetween the teams the results have been ties or ER victories.

ER, I'm glad to see your still beating the orange drum.....You forgot to mention the good young freshmen that you guys have coming in this year......Good luck and keep beating your drum. :flower:

i do not see how boyd-Buchanan can be ranked ahead of East Ridge. I understand that they are returning a lot, but so is ER, and in the previous four matchups beetween the teams the results have been ties or ER victories.

What does ER have coming back this year?

Boyd has pretty much everyone you saw in the region semi finals back. Think we only lost 2 starters.

• 3 weeks later...
morristown west lost 5 college ability players due to graduation (daniel zitt, taylor jolley, taylor carter, matt craine, and ben young). look for jefferson county to take over the reigns in the district, while you dont have them in the top preseason. jefferson county lost 2 seniors to Carson newman (justin price) and Lincoln Memorial(Ryan Beckner) they are returning 10 seniors with all considerable playing time since their freshman season. and most have played travel together since they were younger. could be a sleeper in AAA.

I love these sleepers.......last year Mo West owned the State and again as the past 20 years their trip stopped in Knoxville...now you think a Jeff County Team can play with the Knoxville elite??? Not hardley , just to much talent in West, Farragut and Bearden and that is the powers even the base of Catholic, CAK and Maryville would all own Jeff County....Wish you much luck but the only sleeper here is maybe in your district.

What does ER have coming back this year?

Boyd has pretty much everyone you saw in the region semi finals back. Think we only lost 2 starters.

This season East Ridge will be returning 9 starters including goalie Johnny Rodriguez and our team captain Francisco Solar who are possibly two of the most talented players in the city. Our team only had three seniors that started last season, but Coach Macyntyer did a very good job of letting underclassmen get playing time so im sure any newcomers will have a good deal of varsity experience. Does East Ridge play Boyd this season?

ER, I'm glad to see your still beating the orange drum.....You forgot to mention the good young freshmen that you guys have coming in this year......Good luck and keep beating your drum. :thumb:

O yes. the drum is still beating.

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest that Dobyns-Bennett should be ranked before Sullivan South or Science Hill. Coach Woods will field a disciplined, experienced team that has a lot to prove after 2 years of post season disapointments. I believe they will be Dist 1 and Region 1 Champs. They will have a strong attack, led by David Geno, however defense will need to be tested. :thumb:

Hey, is Akula bending MJ's ear a bit? Just saw the rankings and Alcoa appears a bit high. Great 2A side last year but struggled playing "up". Record was 1-4 vs 3A schools--Mcminn/W (3-1), OakRidge/L (0-1), Maryville/L, (1-3), Farragut/L, (1-4) and Bearden/L, (0-1). Definately a force to be reckoned with at 2A but #14 overall and #7 in east Tennessee appears a bit strong. Oh, well, it won't be long until things start being decided on the pitch-hurry up spring!

Hey, is Akula bending MJ's ear a bit? Just saw the rankings and Alcoa appears a bit high. Great 2A side last year but struggled playing "up". Record was 1-4 vs 3A schools--Mcminn/W (3-1), OakRidge/L (0-1), Maryville/L, (1-3), Farragut/L, (1-4) and Bearden/L, (0-1). Definately a force to be reckoned with at 2A but #14 overall and #7 in east Tennessee appears a bit strong. Oh, well, it won't be long until things start being decided on the pitch-hurry up spring!

Alcoa proved just how good they were last year by beating Catholic in the Regionals and then going all the way to the State Championship Game. Also, if you can compete against McMinn, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Farragut, and Bearden you can play with anybody. Beside, we played them twice last season, I KNOW how good they are.

Bottom line - pre-season polls are just for fun. Every year the teams are different, in strengths, weaknesses, personnel, team chemistry, etc. But as always it should be another exciting season. I am so ready for practices to begin.