#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, my Rebel Boys, for the most amazing show of Karma ever on Friday night! You all played as a team and that's what takes you all the way. I always ask my Yoga boys at the end of our sessions "How do you eat an elephant?" and they chant "One bite at a time, mama!" ...and that's what they've done-- played this season one game at a time to win each battle and ultimately, the war.

As Greg and I watched that crazy TD that BT made where he popped out of that group of Boone monsters, we still couldn' get it. We slowed it down reel to reel and it still didn't make great sense that he came through that. Finally, we asked Bobby what he remembers about it and he said 'it was like there were these huge arms around me just guiding me through- like a safe bubble- I think it was Jake.' After that, it made perfect sense.

To top our weekend off, we all went to see The Blind Side movie as a family yesterday. It was like someone had videoed our life and showed it in a 2 hour clip! We all cried, laughed, cheered, and held Bobby's hand through it all. "You're changing this boy's life." No-- he's changing ours. (One of the best lines from the movie.) Bobby took some of his friends with us to the movie and I must report that Bone slept through the whole movie because he said he knew how it ended. ha!

How fitting that we should be playing this game on Thanksgiving weekend, as we have so many things to be thankful for? Karma-- I spent the summer preaching the meaning of that to my Yoga Boyz-- you get out what you put in. The South community has put in time, love, courage, honor, class, kindness, unity, trust, faith, and leadership by God first and our villiage of parents and elders second. These boys have taken these lessons well and are now proudly showing off what they've learned. As their leaders, we know each down, each game, and this season is but a moment in time, so we will wisely cherish it then let go. By letting go we let them grow- and what fantastic leaders they will be! The Taylors are smart enough to know that BT didn't get here with only our love-- it was a community that will continue to be blessed for supporting and guiding him along the way. Each one Teach one....thanks for including BT in your family.

Great job Boone community, players, coaches, and families...this is just the launching pad for future success. We are proud of you!

Love,

DaBobbyMama

PS- Batman: have your brother email me at TaylorD@JCSchools.org

Thanks, my Rebel Boys, for the most amazing show of Karma ever on Friday night! You all played as a team and that's what takes you all the way. I always ask my Yoga boys at the end of our sessions "How do you eat an elephant?" and they chant "One bite at a time, mama!" ...and that's what they've done-- played this season one game at a time to win each battle and ultimately, the war.

As Greg and I watched that crazy TD that BT made where he popped out of that group of Boone monsters, we still couldn' get it. We slowed it down reel to reel and it still didn't make great sense that he came through that. Finally, we asked Bobby what he remembers about it and he said 'it was like there were these huge arms around me just guiding me through- like a safe bubble- I think it was Jake.' After that, it made perfect sense.

To top our weekend off, we all went to see The Blind Side movie as a family yesterday. It was like someone had videoed our life and showed it in a 2 hour clip! We all cried, laughed, cheered, and held Bobby's hand through it all. "You're changing this boy's life." No-- he's changing ours. (One of the best lines from the movie.) Bobby took some of his friends with us to the movie and I must report that Bone slept through the whole movie because he said he knew how it ended. ha!

How fitting that we should be playing this game on Thanksgiving weekend, as we have so many things to be thankful for? Karma-- I spent the summer preaching the meaning of that to my Yoga Boyz-- you get out what you put in. The South community has put in time, love, courage, honor, class, kindness, unity, trust, faith, and leadership by God first and our villiage of parents and elders second. These boys have taken these lessons well and are now proudly showing off what they've learned. As their leaders, we know each down, each game, and this season is but a moment in time, so we will wisely cherish it then let go. By letting go we let them grow- and what fantastic leaders they will be! The Taylors are smart enough to know that BT didn't get here with only our love-- it was a community that will continue to be blessed for supporting and guiding him along the way. Each one Teach one....thanks for including BT in your family.

Great job Boone community, players, coaches, and families...this is just the launching pad for future success. We are proud of you!

Love,

DaBobbyMama

PS- Batman: have your brother email me at TaylorD@JCSchools.org

Thanks for this post D. God Bless.

Well first off, I would like to say to Boone...you guys had an awesome season and an awesome ride. Absolutely no regrets, you guys went at it hard and took it to every team you played every week. 10-3, best Boone team in the history of the school with most wins. Congrats and we will definitely miss the 8 seniors who are leaving next year, but loads of talent still on the team. Congrats to all of you for having a heck of a year.

Good luck this week South.

Only a few tiffs about the game. It was pass interference but we didn't get it...but in all fairness there was one on us that wasn't called either. Our punter also did get hit but I'm not sure if it was one or not since I didn't really see it. When South's punter got hit the ball was touched so he was fair game. Also...everyone saw us try and call time out, but it was loud and apparently the ref didn't see it, so what could have been a 2 TD lead was cut back by a 5 yard penalty.

That's football, it happens, so I can live with that.

The boys fought to the end, didn't give up, the better team won this day and so...no regrets. Great job Boone boys and I can't wait to see what you bring to the conference next year!

Congrats to the REBELS from the SOUTH!!!! And a big shout out to Comp, VolMan and the crew!! I guess this game proves that Boone wasn't as good and they thought they were; and Bobby Taylor and his boys were.... well... ON POINT, as expected!!! :o Sorry... I guess I'm a sore loser. :o So Comp... are WE at home next week or do WE travel. :thumb:

Good enough to line up and beat TN High, not good enough to get the job done last Friday against South. The teams are different fellas to go against. Boone had your number that night and South had ours. That's how it rolls.

Congrats to the REBELS from the SOUTH!!!! And a big shout out to Comp, VolMan and the crew!! I guess this game proves that Boone wasn't as good and they thought they were; and Bobby Taylor and his boys were.... well... ON POINT, as expected!!! :o Sorry... I guess I'm a sore loser. :o So Comp... are WE at home next week or do WE travel. :thumb:

Good enough to line up and beat TN High, not good enough to get the job done last Friday against South. The teams are different fellas to go against. Boone had your number that night and South had ours. That's how it rolls.

formerblazer, yall played better ball each and every week. By the time you played the Vikings you were way on top of things. Even Stubbs was bragging to the paper about how THS was rolling. That's the stuff that'll get you. It just so happens that the Blazers were a victim of the same overconfidence. Not to mention the Rebels played week 0 Ball. And especially after playing worse and worse week to week to an all time low when they played Crockett. All in all on their best nights these three teams were pretty equal in my book. It was just who showed up and when. We have our hands full this week. I hope we have your support.

Congrats to the REBELS from the SOUTH!!!! And a big shout out to Comp, VolMan and the crew!! I guess this game proves that Boone wasn't as good and they thought they were; and Bobby Taylor and his boys were.... well... ON POINT, as expected!!! :lol: Sorry... I guess I'm a sore loser. :lol: So Comp... are WE at home next week or do WE travel. :lol:

formerblazer, yall played better ball each and every week. By the time you played the Vikings you were way on top of things. Even Stubbs was bragging to the paper about how THS was rolling. That's the stuff that'll get you. It just so happens that the Blazers were a victim of the same overconfidence. Not to mention the Rebels played week 0 Ball. And especially after playing worse and worse week to week to an all time low when they played Crockett. All in all on their best nights these three teams were pretty equal in my book. It was just who showed up and when. We have our hands full this week. I hope we have your support.

I can't speak for the team on overconfidence, and yeah it is who is playing now and how it is rolling. From reports, BT wasn't rolling well at the beginning of the season and even against Crockett, but man he did the other night. St. Clair was there at the same time.

We could go back and forth and say if you didn't have someone or if we didn't have someone but what happened happened. South showed up, had an impressive victory, and Boone goes home.

As far as support, yes but only for the conference and upper east tn. I still have a sore spot for south but that is personal feelings. I want you all to win a state championship or at least get to the show just so people respect the ball and the toughness of our conference. South got the good draw and there you have it, they are there. TN High could have been there or Boone could have been there as well, and I think all 3 of the teams would have represented well. So yes, good luck and I hope you win.

I can't speak for the team on overconfidence, and yeah it is who is playing now and how it is rolling. From reports, BT wasn't rolling well at the beginning of the season and even against Crockett, but man he did the other night. St. Clair was there at the same time.

We could go back and forth and say if you didn't have someone or if we didn't have someone but what happened happened. South showed up, had an impressive victory, and Boone goes home.

As far as support, yes but only for the conference and upper east tn. I still have a sore spot for south but that is personal feelings. I want you all to win a state championship or at least get to the show just so people respect the ball and the toughness of our conference. South got the good draw and there you have it, they are there. TN High could have been there or Boone could have been there as well, and I think all 3 of the teams would have represented well. So yes, good luck and I hope you win.

formerblazer, got the good draw? I wouldn't knock Knox Catholic. They were every bit as good as the three of us. They thought they were gonna take us outback and we were ready to play ball that's all.

formerblazer, got the good draw? I wouldn't knock Knox Catholic. They were every bit as good as the three of us. They thought they were gonna take us outback and we were ready to play ball that's all.

I knew you were going to say that...draw is in draw of luck and draw of quick off the draw. Your first game was one of the easier by all accounts, Knox Cath had you beat but they couldn't get the job done, and you had the game plan for us. Simple enough so draw for that. I think that we could have been in the third round regardless if we are here or not.

Interesting enough, you all did think you were rolling fairly good. As far as TN High goes with overconfidence...do you think you all could have handled them and had a different plan a second time? I personally think we lined up better against them and you lined up better against us and they lined up better against you if that is a triangle...but that is how things go and we'll never find out. I still find it hard to believe that you lost to DB...but you didn't have the St to bother them and BT must not have been clicking yet. Playing toward the back end of the season would have been more in your favor this year.

I knew you were going to say that...draw is in draw of luck and draw of quick off the draw. Your first game was one of the easier by all accounts, Knox Cath had you beat but they couldn't get the job done, and you had the game plan for us. Simple enough so draw for that. I think that we could have been in the third round regardless if we are here or not.

Interesting enough, you all did think you were rolling fairly good. As far as TN High goes with overconfidence...do you think you all could have handled them and had a different plan a second time? I personally think we lined up better against them and you lined up better against us and they lined up better against you if that is a triangle...but that is how things go and we'll never find out. I still find it hard to believe that you lost to DB...but you didn't have the St to bother them and BT must not have been clicking yet. Playing toward the back end of the season would have been more in your favor this year.

A North dad watched the DB vs Boone film and said without knowing the score he couldn't believe DB didn't beat Boone by 20 points.That's life and the final score is all that counts,A win is a win.I agree that South is South right now and they would have been hard for anyone to beat in this conference.

You want some cheese with that whine?

You are right though. We did have the easy draw after we played Catholic because we got to play Boone instead of TN High and South is Boone's daddy. It was fun to see all of those Boone fans leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter. I usually don't get to see so many people leave at one time like that because I'm always sitting on the South side of the DB-South game. It's much easier to see across the field what's going on. :roflol:

Batman is right though. DB should have beaten Boone by 20 points. They just shot themselves in the foot all night long.

Batman-- please have your brother contact me. Jessica and her friends just adore him and his game coverage! She has all the App Law School taking study breaks to watch him on youtube. I had the pleasure of meeting him the after the game Friday night but didn't get to talk long. I want to make sure he gets to the game and the Taylors will be happy to host him. Have him give us a call 292-3231.

Love, MamaT