Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

We both are in the 3rd round of the playoffs!

And the Loser goes back to Knoxville,oops I mean home!

Go Cyclones!!!

It's ok Buddy, Elizzy can come on back to Knoxville and cheer on the Roadrunners...

Let's GO AE, LET'EM KNOW!!!!!!!!

Who the heck is Buddy and who the heck is Elizzy your bringing with you to the game?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this game is pretty evenly matched up. If Elizabethton can stop A-E from big plays then they will have a good chance to win. If not then it will be a long night for them. I'll take A-E by a touchdown and Turtle will finally gets what he wants. A trip to the hill to play Alcoa. Be careful what you wish for Turtle.

I have to say i totally agree with your post that both teams are evenly matched and i think big play makers for E-TOWN will make big plays, the cyclones have home field and bunch of talented young men. Home field is worth a seven point advanage when two teams are evenly matched. CYCLONES 21 AUSTIN-EAST 14

One more thing, I know I predicted that A-E would win this game, but they are no Alcoa! Alcoa is at a different level, and A-E will find out next week if they do in fact advance. Alot of teams are intimidated by the Alcoa record and the confidence of their fans can be intimidating too. I think some of the A-E fans have the same attitude as Alcoa. But they've got a long ways to go in my book in being consistent before I'll look at them at that level. If they run over E Town and then Alcoa, then I'll put them up at that level.

I agree. Austin-East has to be more consistent and win a lot more games and championships before they can be put on the same level as Alcoa. I believe the Austin-East football program is heading in that direction. Coach Graham has developed a good group of assistant coaches, and every aspect of the program is gaining more consistency. It will be interesting to hear what people have to say when Alcoa losses a game. If they lose to someone other than Maryville, I bet people will say that Alcoa just had a bad game.

Here is the speed Elizabethton does not have. Find the hold on this play. It was Asheville holding their jocks.

Asheville doesn't look impressive in this clip. They look athletic, but not disciplined. The DLine didn't control their gaps, the DBs were not ready at the snap of the ball, their technique is not sound, and they didn't tackle well. At this point in the season, Austin-East is better than that.

Here is the speed Elizabethton does not have. Find the hold on this play. It was Asheville holding their jocks.

Asheville doesn't look impressive in this clip. They look athletic, but not disciplined. The DLine didn't control their gaps, the DBs were not ready at the snap of the ball, their technique is not sound, and they didn't tackle well. At this point in the season, Austin-East is better than that.

If i have any grandson's will you be available to coach them.

When I break down the play # 14 at OLB was not ready, DT to the top did penetrate too far, but besides that EHS blocked the ILBs and # 10 did a good job breaking the play open. I have seen A-E 6 times this year and what you stated about Asheville in the clip has happenned to A-E as well and most recently against Johnson Co. A-E doesnt make a habit out of it though lol and Asheville did not in that game either.

Why Austin-East will win...

Austin-East's kickoff return team has become a weapon, and Elizabethton's kick covered team has struggled. Austin-East has returned two kickoffs for touchdowns. There would probably be more if more teams kicked it deep. If Elizabethton doesn't kick it to the endzone, Austin-East will get a good return.

Elizabethton's DLine is fast, but Austin-East runs the ball between the tackles just as much if not more than they run outside. Austin-East runs the ball very well. They have become accustomed to seeing 8-9 players in the box, and they are still able to rush for a lot of yards.

Austin-East has been taking care of the football in the second half of the season; they haven't turned it over much.

[quote name=".

Asheville doesn't look impressive in this clip. They look athletic' date=' but not disciplined. The DLine didn't control their gaps, the DBs were not ready at the snap of the ball, their technique is not sound, and they didn't tackle well. At this point in the season, Austin-East is better than that.[/quote]

Dude there undefeated,do you ever give anybody other than AE credit for anything? Thank goodness its almost game day so we can put this dog to bed! As i said earlier way,way,way back this game will be close and both teams are good but someones gotta lose! With a little luck and mistake free football the Cyclones can do it! :o

Go Cyclones!!!!

[quote name=".

Asheville doesn't look impressive in this clip. They look athletic' date=' but not disciplined. The DLine didn't control their gaps, the DBs were not ready at the snap of the ball, their technique is not sound, and they didn't tackle well. At this point in the season, Austin-East is better than that.[/quote]

Dude there undefeated,do you ever give anybody other than AE credit for anything? Thank goodness its almost game day so we can put this dog to bed! As i said earlier way,way,way back this game will be close and both teams are good but someones gotta lose! With a little luck and mistake free football the Cyclones can do it! :o

Go Cyclones!!!!

On that play, they didn't look impressive. Both DTs got too far up field... when that happens, the MLB doesn't have a chance. One DB had his back turned, one DB had his hands on his knees, and one DB did a skip/hop turn instead of a technically sound hip turn. Maybe they just had a bad play, but they did not look impressive on that play.

[quote name=".

Go Cyclones!!!!

On that play, they didn't look impressive. Both DTs got too far up field... when that happens, the MLB doesn't have a chance. One DB had his back turned, one DB had his hands on his knees, and one DB did a skip/hop turn instead of a technically sound hip turn. Maybe they just had a bad play, but they did not look impressive on that play.

Like i said earlier they are 10-0 and ranked 3rd in north carolina.

Enough said

Go Cyclones!!!!

Like i said earlier they are 10-0 and ranked 3rd in north carolina.

Enough said

3rd in their classification... not the whole state. I'm sure that play doesn't represent how they have played throughout the season... I hope not at least.