Maryville vs. Farragut

B2B2B

Well ihavenofriendzz you must be new to this football program. Farragut really wasn't that good till about 5 or 6 years ago they used to not even make the playoffs. They have never been #1 in the State till last year if I recall right. When I was there playing a person could play two sports and it helped alot with football and baseball but till Farraguts old baseball coach was there. If there was a baseball player that was one of his boys and he played football pretty much after his freshman year he was not playing football no more. Now I am not going to say the new guy is going to be like this but I hope not. I think a kid should do what ever he wants and let HIM make the choose. When coach became head coach he did not have alot of coaches at the school they were pretty much volunteer coaches and he had to get that approved because you could only have two volunteer coaching. I am not going to give names but when a new guy took charge over the school coach started getting coaches and coaches at the school which was about 5 or 6 years ago. I will agree with allvolfan1 about parents and starpower about some of the coaches and kids getting away with somethings. I know you are going to say well there are football players playing baseball you are right one or two when I was there you had about 10 or more and they played and not sat on the sideline either. I have probably said way to much.

No, I'm not new to the program. Have watched them my whole life. When my brother was in high school, I remember it being the football coach who didn't want his players playing some other sports.. Like. Lacrosse.. There were several kids who played both, then coach told them they had to choose. You never answered my question though, Why is it only the football team that seems to have these issues? Also fsunoles, why is Farragut playing kids that don't want to be there? Or aren't trying? Does that make any sense to you? Maybe GQ can hold a coaching camp this spring. I'll pay for the Farragut coaches to attend.

jake, I do not HAVE to be perfect 100% of the time. If I can be perfect, then I will be. Also I am not trying to find someone/something to blame because we aren't going to win state. The fact that Farragut has had championship caliber teams the last 3 years or so, and come away with 1 region championship is an issue IMO. Especially when it has come down to how they have lost in the playoffs. Yes, they have played good teams in the quarterfinals, but they have also been teams we met during the regular season. Farragut has also played alot of teams overall in the post season that they faced during the regular season.. If you didn't notice, Farragut didn't seem to fair much better the second time around. It almost seems as though they got worse each time, with the exception of Ooltewah in 2008. Farragut overall just does NOT perform when it comes down to the key moments in big games. It is that simple. You can put that on coaches or players doesn't matter.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ihavenofriendzz you must be new to this football program. Farragut really wasn't that good till about 5 or 6 years ago they used to not even make the playoffs. They have never been #1 in the State till last year if I recall right. When I was there playing a person could play two sports and it helped alot with football and baseball but till Farraguts old baseball coach was there. If there was a baseball player that was one of his boys and he played football pretty much after his freshman year he was not playing football no more. Now I am not going to say the new guy is going to be like this but I hope not. I think a kid should do what ever he wants and let HIM make the choose. When coach became head coach he did not have alot of coaches at the school they were pretty much volunteer coaches and he had to get that approved because you could only have two volunteer coaching. I am not going to give names but when a new guy took charge over the school coach started getting coaches and coaches at the school which was about 5 or 6 years ago. I will agree with allvolfan1 about parents and starpower about some of the coaches and kids getting away with somethings. I know you are going to say well there are football players playing baseball you are right one or two when I was there you had about 10 or more and they played and not sat on the sideline either. I have probably said way to much.

No, I'm not new to the program. Have watched them my whole life. When my brother was in high school, I remember it being the football coach who didn't want his players playing some other sports.. Like. Lacrosse.. There were several kids who played both, then coach told them they had to choose. You never answered my question though, Why is it only the football team that seems to have these issues? Also fsunoles, why is Farragut playing kids that don't want to be there? Or aren't trying? Does that make any sense to you? Maybe GQ can hold a coaching camp this spring. I'll pay for the Farragut coaches to attend.

jake, I do not HAVE to be perfect 100% of the time. If I can be perfect, then I will be. Also I am not trying to find someone/something to blame because we aren't going to win state. The fact that Farragut has had championship caliber teams the last 3 years or so, and come away with 1 region championship is an issue IMO. Especially when it has come down to how they have lost in the playoffs. Yes, they have played good teams in the quarterfinals, but they have also been teams we met during the regular season. Farragut has also played alot of teams overall in the post season that they faced during the regular season.. If you didn't notice, Farragut didn't seem to fair much better the second time around. It almost seems as though they got worse each time, with the exception of Ooltewah in 2008. Farragut overall just does NOT perform when it comes down to the key moments in big games. It is that simple. You can put that on coaches or players doesn't matter.

I do not know. I don't go to other schools and ask about there problems. You need to become a coach down there and ask the kids. Coach would like for you to pay for a few coaching camps for them. I can fix this whole problem with you just become the new HEAD COACH at Farragut all you problems and answer will be done.

I do not know. I don't go to other schools and ask about there problems. You need to become a coach down there and ask the kids. Coach would like for you to pay for a few coaching camps for them. I can fix this whole problem with you just become the new HEAD COACH at Farragut all you problems and answer will be done.

noles, I didn't say I could do better or would do better. If I did please show me where. Also I am not talking about Farragut being the only school with this issue of players not wanting to play and everything else. I am saying football is the only sport at Farragut where this is an issue. The baseball team doesn't seem to have an issue with practicing and winning. Neither does soccer. Basketball? Who knows.. But I guess there is just something about the sport of football that makes kids not want to practice, play, and try hard?

we have opened a few cans of whoop booty on Farragut....2 games from last year were pure domination

If my memory serves me correctly, Farragut has put the all mighty owls out of the playoffs two of the last three years. So quit living in the past, Farragut destroyed ooltewah this year, physically manhandled them up front with TWO, count em, TWO freshmen. And when has ooltewah done anything significant in football? Talk about pretenders... undefeated this year and lose their last two games hahaha.

Farragut on the other hand lost 3 games this year, to probably the best two teams in the state. It's a shame Riverdale and Maryville have to meet in the semi's, because i'm sure whoever wins this game will win state as well. I just don't see a team that would be capable of beating the winner of those two teams, because they are both nasty.

The truth is, i think everyone including myself, under estimated Maryville's ability to play up a classification. But in reality, as long as George Quarrels is at Maryville, they will be competing for championships no matter what level they're at. He's just lightyears beyond every other coach in high school football in Tennessee and it shows on the field.

So phishdad, how bout you go yell at your coach or punch a teammate in the face or whatever it is yall do down in ooltewah, because yall haven't been playing for weeks now and no one cares about any of your incoherent ramblings.

noles, I didn't say I could do better or would do better. If I did please show me where. Also I am not talking about Farragut being the only school with this issue of players not wanting to play and everything else. I am saying football is the only sport at Farragut where this is an issue. The baseball team doesn't seem to have an issue with practicing and winning. Neither does soccer. Basketball? Who knows.. But I guess there is just something about the sport of football that makes kids not want to practice, play, and try hard?

It is called playing as one. You don't have any super stars or all-staters just a bunch of kids that want to play together and get the glory together. There was a few that want all the glory and I want say names but if you watch the games you could pick them out. Kids that think they are great but when it comes down to it they are average but thats ok. I would much rather have a bunch of average kids then a bunch of super stars because they think they have to have the glory all the time and a bunch of average kids just want to win and have fun and they are much easier to coach. You look at your Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale they might have two or three guys that are super stars but when you put them in there with the average guy and get them to buy into the one look what happens. Farragut is heading in he right direction and have some good coaches coming in but there are a few that need to move on but the next new guy is headed in the right direction. To make it to the 3 round for 5 years in a row is a good thing to see alot of schools can't say that and yes there was a few State teams in those five years you just have to put your head down and keep trying.

fsu noles,

it seems you have all the answers

No I wish I did I would have more money and wouldn't have to work, but my theory sounds pretty good look at the Owls Mr.Smith didn't play in the Farragut game no contest. Why don't you stay on your own thread and take ihavenofreindzz with you you two are about alike.

fsu noles,

it seems you have all the answers

No I wish I did I would have more money and wouldn't have to work, but my theory sounds pretty good look at the Owls Mr.Smith didn't play in the Farragut game no contest. Why don't you stay on your own thread and take ihavenofreindzz with you you two are about alike.

Why do you not want me to be a Farragut fan again? I agree that getting to the quarterfinals 5 years in a row is great and alot of teams can't say that, but honestly I would rather have gotten a championship one of those five years... instead of losing every time.