Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off congrats to the Pirates of South Pitt much respect to your entire community and football program...Second I would like to apologize on behalf of Gordonsville Football and say i'm sorry for the way some of the players were acting and throwing cheap shots late in the game...that is not how we play football and sadly it was our all mighty "seniors"...glad our guy got kicked out...

But as far as the "horns" go... there is nothing wrong with them being at a game and also TSSAA has nothing against it as long as they are blown while a play is being called or at the line of scrimmage... We have built our horns so we can take them anywhere and not just for home games...Alot of people come up asking questions and say I wish we would do the same...The players love it and always want to know if there goona be there... The only way you can stop them is do what ya'll did tonight and that is to give us nothing to blow them about and you won't have to hear them any....

Once again congrats and hope to see the Pirates bring home another Gold Ball...

and also again apologize for the way some of the players acted....

You guys make it sound like we played dirty all night LOL yes it got a little chippy there at the end i will admit but those kinda things happen when your winning 46 to 7 with 6:54 to go and the mercy clock is running and your starters are still out there throwing 25 yard passes. Thats when number 6 came out of the game 6:54 to go. Im not complaining by any means but that could be a reason :lol: NO EXCUSES HERE the pirates simply laid the smackDOWN on us. We were in the game for about 5 min then all HAIL broke loose and it got ugly quick. South pittsburg has a great team and they welcomed us all as we entered the gates, nothing but respect to you guys and i have no doubt another gold ball coming your way. Good luck next friday :thumb:

Congratulations and good luck to SP, I hate the unsportsman like conduct on the field and I hate .. HATE those horns myself. Can you imagine what the people living on the other side of the fence at GHS's field thinks about them? One lady leaves home for home games so she can sleep!!

But I must say congratulations and thanks you to Coach Ronald Lee Marshall and his staff and the whole Tiger Football team on the year you've had. You've come far, continued to improve and started coming together as a team .. Can't wait til next year, just looking forward to baseball even more now .. ty guys once again ..

Great game by the Pirates tonight...they really played well. The first series by Gordonsville brought back memories of the Polk Co game, but our defense tightened up after that Wild Tiger formation gave us problems. The Pirates played like a team very focused and determined to win it all and if they play like they did tonight, they will be very hard to beat. Gordonsville fans, no hard feelings here. Emotions run high when it is your last game of the season or of your career. The only one I was not too crazy about was when Terrell was slammed out of bounds after a throw. Good luck to the Tigers next year and I am sure we will see you again in the playoffs.

Okay, here is my take on the last 12 or 14 minutes of the game. We had started substituting right before the 3rd quarter ended. A player here and a player there. Then, when the 4th quarter started was when the mass substituting started. Now, fast forward to the series of downs in question. SP was pinned deep and with the backup QB warming up on the sidelines Vic sent #6 back out to get some breathing room. I am sure that was what he was thinking when the little down & out to get the first down was called. Because a TD by G-ville would slow the clock back down and I think he was trying to keep the running clock going. The first down was accomplished with one or two starting lineman and #6 still in the game. What #51 did was uncalled for and also some of the other "dirty deeds" that some of the other players done was really pathetic. What was so stupid on their part was a couple of times it was 3rd down and they had us stopped and had a unsportsmanlike called on them to keep our drive going instead of the ball getting punted back to them. That whole 4th quarter was the worst sportsmanship I had ever seen in high school football. I did have a lot of respect for G-ville but after last night (seniors or not) the same respect is not there.

First off, I want to say that Cody Woodmore(36) played a heck of a game, especially for just getting out of the hospital with double pneumonia, hats off to you young man.

As for the end of the game, I left when the mercy rule went into effect, so I didn't see all of it, but I was afraid something like that would happen. The players in question have gotten away with that kind of attitude for a while, so there is definitely no excuse for that kind of behavior, and I apologize for it. There is a few of the seniors that I really feel bad for because of the way they lost the game and the actions and decisions of others.

I don't think the players were put in the best position to succeed by the coaches, and some of the players didn't perform up to the task.

To sum up the game Gville got outran, outcoached, and outclassed.

BTW, if someone finds a kids coat on the visitors sidelines on the brick wall, please let me know, my son left his. It was sitting with a blue hat with a GT o it.

I am glad to see some GV people weigh in on the situation. Perhaps that will carry over to the Coaches.

. . But as far as the "horns" go... there is nothing wrong with them being at a game and also TSSAA has nothing against it as long as they are blown while a play is being called or at the line of scrimmage...

I agree with you at your stadium, not at ours. Maybe the Pirates Boosters need to get that old antique fire truck fitted out with lights, horns and triple sirens and start driving it to the road games. There are rules on noise makers its just Ronnie Carter never had any gonads.