Opening at Siegel?

warhawks

Let's see. This is MUS's second year running it and they have won 20 straight games. Arlington installed it this year and they finished the regular season 10-0. Brighton turned it all around last season, their first running The System. Those are just off the top of my head. Yes, Wilson Central's season was a disaster. My guess is that Aric didn't coach it correctly. There are a ton of little things you have to coach. You don't have to have a quarterback and some ballers, you just need a QB that can consistently complete a 5-10 yard pass and receivers that can catch them. However, the better the QB, the more you can do and the better the results will be.

This is from a DNJ article:

More than 300 schools in 45 states, including Hawaii and Alaska, are clients of The System. Texas has the most with 50 schools. Kentucky and Alabama, states in which Franklin coached for several years, also carry a large clientele. Nineteen Tennessee schools are clients of The System, most of which will play in the playoffs Friday...The System clients played in 17 state championship games in 12 states last year. Memphis University School, a client, won the Division II-AA state title last season and touts a 10-0 record heading into the playoffs.

Comparing apples to oranges when it comes to MUS and Siegel. Siegel is having to use kids in their own zone vs a school with some of the best talent in W Tn that can be bought! Sort of like Ensworth with some of the best talent in middle Tn that can be bought. :roflol:

As to the so called "Tony Franklin SYSTEM", I am LESS impressed with it than I am with the Wing T! dry.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creasy's agent here again.....but I don't want to talk about him.

Both offenses can be successful at the high school level! It's all about being able to adapt to your personnel. We've won the state running both offenses! The wingt can win at the 6A level, maybe not A's wingt, but none the less, it can be done.

I don't see Perry at Siegel for the Wing-T reason. He's an outstanding coach and his system is pretty diverse for a Wing-T system, but think about this for a second.

Who will be Siegel's QB next year??

Who does his dad coach??

What system does daddy use??

You get all of your answers when you put two and two together.

Let's see. This is MUS's second year running it and they have won 20 straight games. Arlington installed it this year and they finished the regular season 10-0. Brighton turned it all around last season, their first running The System. Those are just off the top of my head. Yes, Wilson Central's season was a disaster. My guess is that Aric didn't coach it correctly. There are a ton of little things you have to coach. You don't have to have a quarterback and some ballers, you just need a QB that can consistently complete a 5-10 yard pass and receivers that can catch them. However, the better the QB, the more you can do and the better the results will be.

MUS could win with any system. They are just that talented. BA did it for years. Nothing BA ever did was flashy. They had the best linemen and best RB and they lined up in the power I and played smash mouth football. MUS went to the TF system and yes they have won but its not the system its the players.

As far as Arlington yes they went 10-0 during the regular season against Memphis teams. Memphis has undefeated teams every year and every year they go down to Middle Tn football. Indy knocked off Arlington and Indy was an average team.

Why would Siegel be looking to West TN for a coach? Why not look to Creasy or Crawford? Heck why not go after Shad. Also what about Rector since Western's HC was let go? How about Scharsh from Spring Hill? He did pretty well at Eagleville and at SH this past year? I think there is plenty of talented coaches in Middle Tn so why look to the West?

I don't see Perry at Siegel for the Wing-T reason. He's an outstanding coach and his system is pretty diverse for a Wing-T system, but think about this for a second.

Who will be Siegel's QB next year??

Who does his dad coach??

What system does daddy use??

You get all of your answers when you put two and two together.

"Daddy" going to pick the coach for Mr Nolan too? I think "Daddy" will find that BOTH the Nolan brothers like to make their own decisions. Coaches at MTSU come and go (especially ones talking to Memphis), but some us plan to live here FOREVER! :lol:

I have heard wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much of the "daddy" talk myself. Hopefully the puppet show that I keep hearing about is just silly talk.

I wouldn't trust anyone that throws their hat in the ring for EVERY single opening. I am beginning to be very wary of Coach Perry and Coach Crawford. If I were their respective schools I would be furious at them interviewing when every job comes open. They expect their players to be loyal, and I don't think it is too much to expect the COACH to be too!

Stockstill withdrew his name from the University of Memphis opening. I think this is all just people talking. Only the administration and applicants really know what is going on. As far as those two guys named Perry and Crawford, people get on this site all the time and just say things. Who knows if those guys really are interested or not. I do agree with what you are saying though about coaches applying all over the place if they are a head coach, but people make up stuff all the time. I personally am a fan of the Tony Franklin system as I have seen many teams not named MUS have success with this offense. People just assume you have to have athletes and I was one of those people who thought Arlington would never be able to run it because they did not have exceptional skill guys. Well I witnessed it with my own eyes the whole season. After a 10-1 season I am convinced that it can be ran very effectively if taught well.

I don't know about Crawford, but one of the main motivators may be for Perry is the LOW pay in Wilson County. This also had alot to do with Aric applying for every opening in Rutherford County the last couple of years. Folks with families have to do what is best for them in this economy and I for one do not blame them for that as family comes FIRST!