Opening at Siegel?

warhawks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greg wyatt is a good man and good coach!...

easy stan...i coached with spook for 3 years...he's a funny guy who brought me alot of laughs and fun times...it's the name "spook spickard" im poking fun at not the person...just messing with the siegel folks like i did with 2P and the oakland folks a couple of years ago...made them say... "spook who?"...

for the record...it will not be spook as the new coach!

I saw spooke at the car wash the other day and he said...ha you betta wa dat dud at tha udda pla I think he gonna be d won dat shu day aint summin... I think he got the job? :roflol:

All he said to me was... "PEACE" ...as he held up the "peace sign"!...

then he turned around and said... "heeeeyyy coach...can ah buumm a dip from ya"! This was right before he went in to teach his health class! :roflolk:

PBD...totally off subject (sorry) but how is your son doing? He has been in my prayers. I work with the wife of one of the assistants but haven't caught her in the hall to get an update.

thanks patriotmama...dislocated elbow...10 to 12 weeks...rehab...good as new...no surgery needed...and went back to school today...as good as scenerio as we could have hoped for!

Greg Wyant has my vote :roflolk:. Shame the other topic got deleted, I put all his haters in check with 1 paragraph but then that dude started randomly talkin about Shad's daughter as mentioned before and I came back and everything was whiped out.

I too would vote for Greg. He is a good coach and a good man. He knows how to get the most out of the players. I think it is about time he got his chance.

i heard that roger perry has applied for the siegal job.

Wing T is not going to fly with the boss ............... nor will some of the defensive people mentioned on this thread. They want offensive explosion

Contrary to popular belief the wing T can be very explosive. I like Perry and he knows how to run the wing well. If you saw MJ at all this year you would not say that the wing is not explosive. Then again the wing did only put up 31 points on Blackman last week which is horrible considering Blackmans D is not very good right :roflolk: . I think Siegel would be smart to get either Perry or Wyant. Both would do a fantastic job.

If Tony Franklin would be honest about it he would tell you that you have to have the personnel to run this system... I mean it even got him fired!

As far as Perry, I too heard this, but it is unconfirmed. Also heard about a few other pretty good coaches, but I'll not say who they are, as I'm not sure it's public knowledge.

What people need to realize is that some systems work better than others at given places, based on personnel. You can't think that you can run the same offense regardless of where you are. You have to adapt your philosophy to the type kids you have. Siegel has enough athletes that I believe they could run about any system... which would be best, not sure and anyone other than the those that have coached those particular kids really has no idea until he has time to evaluate.

They want a Tony Franklin guy. They have been calling around West TN looking for interested coaches.

WHY? I have not really seen this system work well in high school. I mean seriously look at the difference in Wilson Central this year. They went form the wing to Tony and got what kind of results? Anyone who pays that much for an offense needs their head examined. I guess to each his own though.

Let's see. This is MUS's second year running it and they have won 20 straight games. Arlington installed it this year and they finished the regular season 10-0. Brighton turned it all around last season, their first running The System. Those are just off the top of my head. Yes, Wilson Central's season was a disaster. My guess is that Aric didn't coach it correctly. There are a ton of little things you have to coach. You don't have to have a quarterback and some ballers, you just need a QB that can consistently complete a 5-10 yard pass and receivers that can catch them. However, the better the QB, the more you can do and the better the results will be.

This is from a DNJ article:

More than 300 schools in 45 states, including Hawaii and Alaska, are clients of The System. Texas has the most with 50 schools. Kentucky and Alabama, states in which Franklin coached for several years, also carry a large clientele. Nineteen Tennessee schools are clients of The System, most of which will play in the playoffs Friday...The System clients played in 17 state championship games in 12 states last year. Memphis University School, a client, won the Division II-AA state title last season and touts a 10-0 record heading into the playoffs.