FCS @ TROUSDALE.....Part Deux

slimshady

It was ugly, to have a group of adults taunting our football boys, yelling "you suck" at our kids, yeah you can say that it got ugly. Just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth that our boys were treated with such disrespect. Thank goodness there were some police officers there to help our boys get to the locker room!!!!!!!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people at Friendship, I personally want to apologize for the acts of a select few from our side. That was very uncalled for and disrespectful. I could tell it was getting ugly from where I was standing in the bleachers. Friendship had a great game and played their hearts out tonight. How in the world Maasen is not up for Mr. Football I don't know. This kid is amazing and very tough. He took several shots tonight and just kept going.

Thought FCS' downfall was partly in their gameplan. They didn't get anyone else the ball besides Markham and Maasen. 2 good athletes but those two only could make everything happen. Curious as to what happen to the other back from earlier in the yr. #26 i believe. From what I recall he is extremely fast and quick on his cuts.

The deal with the clock operator making the call, talked with some local officials (they weren't working tonight) bout it after and they said that the ECO stands on the line of scrimmage and he is a point of reference for the officials in a situation such as the one tonight. He doesn't make a call but if the white hat is unsure as to where he was and asks the ECO, then the ECO helps him out. Also overheard some of the FCS parents after the game talking about the play and they confirmed he was bout 2 yds past the line.

Great game tonight tho between likely the 2 best in the state (2A). FCS stopped most of everything up the middle but that left the corners free for Seay, Edwards, Cox and Brown to chip away at. FCS seniors should keep their heads up. They played a heck of a game. They as well as any other senior should remember that this is just a game and a stepping stone in life. Take the lessons you have learned from this great game and apply them to your life. Winning a football game is a great joy but its not everything in life. Keep God in your heart and use the qualities you have learned from football and you will succeed in the future. Much respect for the Commanders from BCB~MVP. Best wishes to all. :|

Now TC, great game tonight. enjoy this tomorrow and rest up cuz come sunday its time to get back to work. You haven't won anything yet so get off the high horse and focus on the challenge ahead. Ppl say that no one can stop us but I know a team thats fired up at the shot and knows they can. (McKenzie) Ole Butchie will have his boys ready to play come Black Friday. Don't lose focus at the ultimate goal (Gold). Rest up and learn from the MAs from tonight.

Maason once again proved to be the truth. I'd take him on my team any day! That was the most I'd seen #22 touch the ball. I was impressed with both his running and receiving. I still think you guys are the 2nd best team in the state, and will until someone proves me otherwise. Great effort by both teams, but as Possomtowner said, the best team won, without a doubt.

BigDaddy, I missed both of the incidents you were referring to. It's just unfortunate that those types of things happen. I'm confident that the FC fans realize the actions of a few, do not reflect the majority of the TC fan base. :| Enjoyed shooting the bull with you this past week. Needless to say, I never was contacted by the unknown (PT). The man, the mystery, and the myth remain unsolved! :|

What happened after the game was absolutely disgraceful. I could not believe what I was seeing when our boys were leaving the field. I was furious and my first reaction was to classify TC with a redneck brand, but through that ugly scene out stepped some people of character that I don't know. I have no idea who the individuals were from TC that helped to difuse the situation, but my hats off to you because it could have gotten ugly. There was one TC fan that went into our locker room and apologized on behalf of the TC people, which he didn't have to do, but he showed a tremendous amount of class. He summed it up by saying a great, hard fought ball was ruined by some idiots. With all this said it was a great game (regardless of what Slimshady says. Not only was it not worse than the score indicated it should have been closer, but I won't get into the refs) and those boys left everything they had on the field. Seven, I don't think any less of you because I realize that we all have our idiots and our emotions get the better of us sometimes. Good luck the rest of the way out and give your brother-in-law a pat on the back for a job well done.

should the fcs boys really expected to be treated any better when they left the field after the way a few of them acted on the field? :|

i'm not condoning the behavior but could that have played a part in it?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Agreed crush! Players get fired up and have emotions flare in a rival game. No sense for A D U L T S to act the same way to P L A Y E R S after the fact. Embarrassing :|

should the fcs boys really expected to be treated any better when they left the field after the way a few of them acted on the field? :thumb:

i'm not condoning the behavior but could that have played a part in it?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Agreed crush! Players get fired up and have emotions flare in a rival game. No sense for A D U L T S to act the same way to P L A Y E R S after the fact. Embarrassing :lol:

BCB-MVP, I wish you guys the best of luck. I have never responded to you before, but you Seven and Grunt (even though he has ticked me off a few times but that's o.k.), and a few others are class acts and I appreciate your insight and class on the T. Crap, this is just a game. Yes, a very important one to the kids because of what THEY have done to get prepared, but we as adults can take it too far. I am done talking about it and all I will say is go and represent our Region well.

.....who do we get next week....TC..of course, I mean :thumb:

You get the rest of the year off Tushbaby.....Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas. If you ain't doing anything Saturday Dec 5th around noon, come on over to Cookeville and watch "The Big Green" play..........

....ROFLMBO....wood you mind repeating that daddy-o...I kaint heer you for all the chanting of ..CREEKBANK..CREEKBANK..CREEKBANK.....LOL :lol:

.....who do we get next week....TC..of course, I mean :thumb:

You get the rest of the year off Tushbaby.....Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas. If you ain't doing anything Saturday Dec 5th around noon, come on over to Cookeville and watch "The Big Green" play..........

....ROFLMBO....wood you mind repeating that daddy-o...I kaint heer you for all the chanting of ..CREEKBANK..CREEKBANK..CREEKBANK.....LOL :lol:

You got me there Tushhog..........Of course all the smack talk before the game was fun and I enjoy it but I was so furious with the drunk (which I should have just kept walking). I probably would have just kept walking but he was saying it to anyone walking thru the gate with FCS on. When he said it to one of our basketball players I lost it.

And I know the "Creekbank Navy and the faithful on this thread" were in the stands saluting there team who played an awesome game. But I guess some of the endzone crew couldn't resist RUBBING it in to some 16-18 yrs olds. I wasn't on that end (don't have a son on the team) so I just got my info from someone who was down there.......Some of the mamas got alittle hasty I heard. Unbelieveable...maybe they need to find a anger management class before their SONs follow their footsteps.

Again Take Middle Tenn all the way.

Congradulations TC. You were the better team on the field last night. I don't know what these other teams have but I would be surprised if any of them are good enough to beat you.

It might have gotten interesting if the clock operator hadn't made that call, but that's the way that goes.

I'm very surprised at the actions of your fans last night. Not just after the game, but all during the game the little Spirit team standing on the visitor side hurling insults and profanities at our players. Basically just looking for a fight. And they were all grown men. Really? With all your winning tradition and championships you can't act any better than that?

I realize that 85 percent of the TC fans are good decent people that are probably embarrassed by those actions last night and God bless yall. I would hate to be associated with that type of thing.

I would say to those young men it's time to grow up. Take a look in the mirror. Is that really who you are? Screaming insults at High School kids?

That's the last game for my kid. He goes on to college and career. He won't ever win a gold ball, but at least he does have the character to never act the way I saw those young men and the group of older people who should REALLY know better, acted at the end of the game. And sitting here this morning after witnessing all that, I'm fine with that trade off.

Good luck to you TC. Try to act like you've been there before. And again to the 85 percent... I'm really sorry I felt like I had to say all this.