Anderson Co(9-3)@Columbia Central(11-1)Let Get It On......

lion99

well someone said the pass 75 of the time.......

AC doesnt run the ball much at all. When they do, its usually a direct snap to the running back out of the shotgun formation which their plays come out of about 95% of the time. You have to blitz the qb and put pressure on him or he will sit back there and pick you apart. AC will dink and dunk you to death, but they will go deep every once and a while just to keep you honest. #6 is their best WR, he is a beast! #22 and #15 are playmakers as well. AC's defense isnt as strong as in the past. But their offense is explosive. AC will not beat you with the run, they are a passing team and if you can shut down their passing game, you (Columbia) will be heading to the 4th round of the playoffs. Good luck and God Bless!

That's a good breakdown, lion99, by a fan of our biggest rival of what we do on offense. To be fair, though, we will explore the run a few times, especially if the defense it selling out to the pass. Clinton had a very good defense that pretty well stifled any real hope of developing a rhythm in that regard.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC doesnt run the ball much at all. When they do, its usually a direct snap to the running back out of the shotgun formation which their plays come out of about 95% of the time. You have to blitz the qb and put pressure on him or he will sit back there and pick you apart. AC will dink and dunk you to death, but they will go deep every once and a while just to keep you honest. #6 is their best WR, he is a beast! #22 and #15 are playmakers as well. AC's defense isnt as strong as in the past. But their offense is explosive. AC will not beat you with the run, they are a passing team and if you can shut down their passing game, you (Columbia) will be heading to the 4th round of the playoffs. Good luck and God Bless!

Why 92D?....Do I detect a SMALL amount of bitterness in your post??? :thumb:

Why 92D?....Do I detect a SMALL amount of bitterness in your post??? :blush:

Lion99 asked a question, and it didnt seem like any AC fans were going to answer him. :roflol:

That's ok 92drag. I appreciate you answering for us. I don't think you are too bitter. Although, I could understand it if you were. I would be little. I always enjoy your posts. They always seem to be well thought out an intelligent. One thing I did notice looking at some stats, Columbia apparently gave up 375 yds passing against Cleveland in week one of the playoffs. Could be a bright spot for the Mavs. They will have to take their A game to Columbia. They are not the type of team that can show up and beat anybody. I will say though, that if Columbia does sell out against the pass, Blakely does have the ability to hurt a team running the ball.

That's ok 92drag. I appreciate you answering for us. I don't think you are too bitter. Although, I could understand it if you were. I would be little. I always enjoy your posts. They always seem to be well thought out an intelligent. One thing I did notice looking at some stats, Columbia apparently gave up 375 yds passing against Cleveland in week one of the playoffs. Could be a bright spot for the Mavs. They will have to take their A game to Columbia. They are not the type of team that can show up and beat anybody. I will say though, that if Columbia does sell out against the pass, Blakely does have the ability to hurt a team running the ball.

no 0ne as been able to run the ball on the lions all year.....i take that back the dude from frank co. ran for 208, 32 carries. 134 yards on 3 busted plays though. so thats about 70 on 29 snaps.

Yeah we did but we are a much improved in two weeks . the last two teams have passed the ball way more than anyone we played in the reguler season.

Thanks futbolfan! Im not bitter. Im disappointed that we lost, but to be honest, i didnt think we would make it all the way to the championship anyway. I was very surprised that we went through the season undefeated. I thought our offensive line was our team's weakness and thought it would get us beat eventually.

I would love to come watch AC play friday, but the game is just too far away for me to travel. Im gonna stick a little closer to home and probably go watch Grace. Good Luck and God Bless!