Wayne County vs Jo Byrns

wildcatpride70

If you drive 60 on the Trace;You WILL get a speeding ticket .The speed-limit is 50 with NO allowance.Park Rangers have a job to do,and they do it!

The Park service seems to have less rangers now than before. I've been driving the Natchez Trace for many years and I've been stopped but never given a ticket (knock on wood). If it is after dark I usually slow down when I see head lights. I have driven from Nashville down to Hwy 64 (97 miles) and meet less than 10 cars. I would be more worried about hitting a deer than a Ranger.

State troopers sit around the exits sometimes. I've seen a few on it before too.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you drive 60 on the Trace;You WILL get a speeding ticket .The speed-limit is 50 with NO allowance.Park Rangers have a job to do,and they do it!

The Park service seems to have less rangers now than before. I've been driving the Natchez Trace for many years and I've been stopped but never given a ticket (knock on wood). If it is after dark I usually slow down when I see head lights. I have driven from Nashville down to Hwy 64 (97 miles) and meet less than 10 cars. I would be more worried about hitting a deer than a Ranger.

You can do as you like;I once got 2 tickets for going 53 and 52 respectivley within a week of each other.You can "Convieniently" mail payment or go to columbia to court.I don,t drive the trace unless there's no alternative.And then there's the stories about some...... well I guess that's all for now. :roflolk:

a ticket on the trace will cost you a small fortune...and dang right they are on there looking

for you, especially along that stretch cause its close to places where the rangers can get

their scoop snacks so they are there a lot, most especially where you get off to go to

wayesboro.

Waynesboro has taken a lot of flack about their schedule but I think it paid off for them

because at the wc collinwood game I think waynesboro made it to that point with all

their players intact and mostly healthy. collinwood played a lot tougher schedule but also

lost a lot of guys alone the way and some others were playing on one leg.

I think that the theory of playing tougher teams makes you better are BOGUS

because you get beat down and can't muster much down the stretch and in the playoffs

when it really matters. Collinwood wound up without their qb, starting rb, starting safety

and their best wr played on one leg but couldnt finish. It was really sad for me watching them after they

looked so great early in the year. I never realized what a great safety Zack Evans was

until I saw the wood play without him...ouch!!!! Collinwood's new Qb looked nervous and overthrew

wide open receives all night...I still think he will be a good one though with more

experience

despite all that I think JO byrns wins...Waynesboro's backs fumble a lot and their

qb panicks when he feels pressure and just heaves it up like he doesn't care who

catches it. If waynesboro sticks to the run and doesn't fumble they got a chance.

Their linebackers are pretty solid but they aren't a quick team overall

Well, now Im pumped up about my Central LIons hosting Anderson County and continuing

the march towards their first gold ball...cant wait for friday!

Well good luck to you friday night. One thing that I would like to point out though is playing too soft a schedule can do is hurt your stamina because you get used to playing half a game and playing a good team is altogether different from an execution stand point as well. What I mean is you can get lazy playing weak teams because they don't make the same plays that a good team does.

I personally think they made the road so the park rangers can have somewhere to hide all day.

Your right....it is kinda pointless....if they have it then atleast bump the speed limit up to 60 :roflol:

parts of it give me the creeps makes me think of that slasher film Wrong Turn with the woods on both sides of the roads

And with DEVILS running around every where that would make and even better horror movie

Waynesboro has taken a lot of flack about their schedule but I think it paid off for them

because at the wc collinwood game I think waynesboro made it to that point with all

their players intact and mostly healthy. collinwood played a lot tougher schedule but also

I think that the theory of playing tougher teams makes you better are BOGUS

because you get beat down and can't muster much down the stretch and in the playoffs

when it really matters.

I think C'wood played the same teams as WC except for Chester County 4a & Collinwood played Davidson Acad. & Adamsville. How much TUFFER is that?

Well I've been thinking this for the past 4 or 5 weeks but I've been holding back...I guess I'll go ahead and say it. This year's JB team is better than last year's team! Now that's tough to say knowing that last year's team made it to the championship and this team still has 2 more games to win to get that far. I just think we've played about as tough a schedule as last year but we've been taking it to these teams this year. We've played 6 playoff teams this year and we've beat em by a combined score of 172-55. Last year we played 3 playoff teams and beat 2 out of 3 of them with a combined score of 44-30. Now all year JB folks (including myself) were thinking we've played a weak schedule but the more I thought about it the more I realized that it really wasn't the competition, it was our team. Our offensive line is bigger and faster and we've returned most all of our skill players. We've questioned how good the defense was but we've had 6 shutouts, I mean what else is there to do? Now the tale of the tape will be to see where this team finishes but I truly believe we're better right now. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a few of the seniors that left last year but at some point you've got to move on and let the new guys get in there. I'll always remember last year's seniors for what they accomplished and no disrespect to them but I think we're better this year. Thoughts???

Well I've been thinking this for the past 4 or 5 weeks but I've been holding back...I guess I'll go ahead and say it. This year's JB team is better than last year's team! Now that's tough to say knowing that last year's team made it to the championship and this team still has 2 more games to win to get that far. I just think we've played about as tough a schedule as last year but we've been taking it to these teams this year. We've played 6 playoff teams this year and we've beat em by a combined score of 172-55. Last year we played 3 playoff teams and beat 2 out of 3 of them with a combined score of 44-30. Now all year JB folks (including myself) were thinking we've played a weak schedule but the more I thought about it the more I realized that it really wasn't the competition, it was our team. Our offensive line is bigger and faster and we've returned most all of our skill players. We've questioned how good the defense was but we've had 6 shutouts, I mean what else is there to do? Now the tale of the tape will be to see where this team finishes but I truly believe we're better right now. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a few of the seniors that left last year but at some point you've got to move on and let the new guys get in there. I'll always remember last year's seniors for what they accomplished and no disrespect to them but I think we're better this year. Thoughts???

i will agree with that statement we really didnt lose any skill players from last year that we werent able to replace... lk has got nothin but better holt is playin his corner spot better than ever frankie has really stepped up the past couple weeks on offense and clint is always gonna be clutch when you need him... as for the o-line i dont think they are as good this year but you cant tell when you have a running back like 44 in the backfield

I think that the theory of playing tougher teams makes you better are BOGUSbecause you get beat down and can't muster much down the stretch and in the playoffs

when it really matters. Collinwood wound up without their qb, starting rb, starting safety

and their best wr played on one leg but couldnt finish.

Trust me when I say that theory is NOT BOGUS. This theory is the reason you see 10-0 #1-2 seeds lose in the 1st round of the play-offs to 6-4/5-5 #5-6 seeds. It happens every year, probably this year as well, just look into it.....

way to many holes in the line for lk to run thru and i dont think brandon has had to scramble all that much this year i would say that the line compairs strongly to last years my thoughts moto ck the stats a see how many time the qb has been sacked this year for jb ;)

i will agree with that statement we really didnt lose any skill players from last year that we werent able to replace... lk has got nothin but better holt is playin his corner spot better than ever frankie has really stepped up the past couple weeks on offense and clint is always gonna be clutch when you need him... as for the o-line i dont think they are as good this year but you cant tell when you have a running back like 44 in the backfield