Camden at Milan-Round 3

BullDawgGirl03

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokem

For Camden to win this game they need to show balance early. If they can connect on a few passes, it should open up the misdirection. Devon White vs. the Milan backers is a big matchup. He needs to get their attention fast so that when he gets the dive fakes, the LBs have to honor it. Easley will need to step up and get the ball out and over the line when he passes, as he had a sure touchdown on 4th and goal batted down last week against Westview. He will need to be decisive when he throws the ball.

Defensively, they will need to stop the big play. If they can limit Milan's explosiveness and get to the QB when Milan passes, they can take away the balance and make Milan one dimensional. If they can limit big plays and get a lot of people to the football, they could slow them down some.

And as always in any football game, they have to eliminate penalties and turnovers. That goes without saying but I said it anyway.

:roflolk:

RCombs - some good points you made!! We have quite a few threats but none have that blazing speed that Peoples or Williams had last year. Our offense has been able to constistiently move that ball all year but I hear you guys have a great D Line so it will be a big challenge to our seniors on the O Line. Can they do it? I am sure they can but it will be a battle and war in the trenches Friday night. I am wondering about your new QB as is everyone. heard he is an impressive athlete that can throw pretty decent. Us getting Coleman back is big in that it adds a great player and gives us that much more depth. He won't be in tip-top shape but will give it everthing he has. Looking forward to a great matchup Friday night.

Where is Moose Horton at now? Now that was a great player a couple of years ago. He's the kinda guy you didn't want to meet coming or going!!!

R- Combs is exactly right, But I do have to question whether or not J. White can set the tone with the LB's. Last week WV shut him down between the tackles, and Jabronski and Williamson are Very Good LB's. If WHite is gonna set the tone it starts with Hitting these two players in the MOUTH hard and OFTEN. But neither one will back down.

A major asset that the Dogs have also is Intimidation. They not only beleive thay will win, They Expect to win. So the only way to take that away is for our Camden Lions to more physical than the Dogs, which is totally possible. I still look for this to be a very very close game, with my Lions comin out on top in a squeaker.

To add to what R. Combs said Camden will have to elimainate missed opportunities. In the Creek Wood game several times we had opportunities to change the momentum and take control of the game and we didn't. Those are the things that make a good team great. Camden has the abliity to play with anyone. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the area and they have a lot of speed in the backfield. The question is not can they beat Milan it is will they. Can they come out and hit on all cylinders, play four full quarters of football on offense and defense. Coach Ward has said all year long what those boys are capable of and that if they ever put it all together and play a complete game it will be fun to watch. I think Friday will be fun to watch! The boys are focused and ready. Lookout DaWgs the cats are takin' over! GO LIONS!

R- Combs is exactly right, But I do have to question whether or not J. White can set the tone with the LB's. Last week WV shut him down between the tackles, and Jabronski and Williamson are Very Good LB's. If WHite is gonna set the tone it starts with Hitting these two players in the MOUTH hard and OFTEN. But neither one will back down.

A major asset that the Dogs have also is Intimidation. They not only beleive thay will win, They Expect to win. So the only way to take that away is for our Camden Lions to more physical than the Dogs, which is totally possible. I still look for this to be a very very close game, with my Lions comin out on top in a squeaker.

CTown - I am guessing White is your big FB? Looked like a big boy. Will be a challenge to beat us down physically but you are right in the need to try. Avery hasn't been handled in a long time while he does quite a bit a handling. We as a program probably take the expectation to win for granted because they do fully expect to win every time they walk on the field. this is where the work in the weight room comes in and both teams are big believers in the offseason weight lifting program

Great points, all. Enjoy reading some football talk about THIS game. To add, Camden runs the ball 91 percent of the time. They average 272 yards on the ground per game. Milan's defense gives up 106 rushing yards per game. Something has to give, and the line matchup looks to be key. Easley has only attempted five passes this season in his backup role, completing two for 52 yards.

It was last year, so lots of things are different - but Milan had 490 yards of offense last year at Camden. Just wondering how this year's Lion D compares to last. Three players (Blackburn 148, Plant 110, Jamison 104) have more than 100 tackles, and that's very impressive.

Horton is a freshman linebacker at Bethel. Did he see much playing time this season?

Best of luck to both teams. Go Bulldogs!

OK here it is.....THE TOP TEN THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR FROM CAMDEN FANS AT JOHNNIE HALE........

Number 10......Female Camden fan smoking an unfiltered cig. trading a "we made it to the third round"

pin to a guy for his other half of BBQ sandwich.

Number 9.......Rcombs screaming "Go Lions" late in the 4th with Milan leading 45-0.

Number 8.......Unshaven Female Camden fan smoking a unfiltered cig, asking another female fan

where she got the BBQ sandwich.hahhaha

Number 7.......Ctownfootball overheard saying that he had missed a night of "catfishing for this"

Number 6.......howdoitknow seen scolding his girlfriend for not shaving and asking her "is that BBQ

sauce in your wig?"

The top 5 later

To add to what R. Combs said Camden will have to elimainate missed opportunities. In the Creek Wood game several times we had opportunities to change the momentum and take control of the game and we didn't. Those are the things that make a good team great. Camden has the abliity to play with anyone.

Well said! This is the key for EVERY single great high school football team at this time of the year. They have to continue to improve. I think this is a bigger issue than containing Milan's big plays. Yes, the Dawgs have big play potential, but it is not a big of threat as in seasons past. They are a true blue pound the rock team. Physical backs, that eat up the clock. Ryan has kept defenses very honest, and helped spread them out. Milan is too determined, and now they are even more multi-dimensional than they were during the regular season. I do not doubt Camden is a good/edge of being a great football team. But Milan is on a different level this year. To the poster who listed Milan's past 9 seasons and how they finished..what exactly are you pointing out? That Milan has been the most dominant team in West TN this decade, and its a good thing you left the prior two seasons off, because that would have further proved your point. What about the prior 18? The longest playoff streak in the state..yeah that would solidify it...enough with that. Good luck to both teams for sure. This being said, I think Milan is too determined, on too much of a mission this year. I stick with my prediction earlier in the post 44-14 Dawgs.

Coaching: Push(both teams will be ready)

QB: Milan (don't know anything about new QB for Camden)

RB: Milan (Gilbert, Adkisson, Rodney, Trey,)

FB: Milan (Avery) nuff said

Oline: Push

Dline: Milan (if Christian Coleman plays)

LB: Milan

WR: Milan

Special teams: Milan

DB's: Milan (with Gaskin out at safety)

If Camden puts 8 in the box look for Dominique and Tez to have a huge game downfield.

IMO, the biggest advantage Milan has outside of playing at Johnnie Hale is the LB's. Avery didn't get a Kentucky offer by being pretty good and Gilbert can play it very well also.

Milan by 21