Clarkrange at Forrest

wonsa

Clarkrange learned a very good lesson tonight that last year means nothing this year. I believe that this game will be a blessing as the season goes on. Swagger will only get you so far and then the whistle blows. I would imagine that there will be several trash cans set up around the gym tomorrow and they will probably be full of puke. Now with that said this game was a lot closer than the score shows. With 2 min to go it was a 6 point game and then Heady fouled out and Dickens soon followed. Hawn played out of this world she made every shot she put up so props to her. I do believe that she was protected a little bit by the referees. She had several flops and several over the backs that were let go and every time someone got close to her a fouled was called. Pretty evident in the fact that both Heady and Dickens fouled out while Hawn only had 2 fouls, however she played really good. I'm sure these two teams will face off again so it will be interesting to see how it goes the rest of the season. I feel confident that Lamar will get them adjusted. I wouldn't want to be the next team that plays them.

If you want to talk about calls, or the absence of, the refs made up for it in the boys game. I believe they called 4 fouls on Clarkrange boys total. Two good games. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true. It appeared it was the classic case of one team had something to prove and the other just thought they were going to get off the bus and the scoreboard was going to explode. Very good lesson for the lady buffaloes. Forrest was very determined and focused for this game. They played a lot harder than the defending state champs. The good thing for Clarkrange is that it is not where you start, but where you finish that is important. Now if Forrest plays better than they did last night for the rest of the year you better look out. They should be very proud today they won all phases of the basketball game last night.

but the state champs from what i heard was not playing good at all. is this true?

Maybe that is due in part to the way Forrest played.

think what you want but when its time too come to jackson county to play they need to bring there game with them or the score will be like the forrest game jackson county wins!!!!!!

Yes I knew Laken woud be back for JC and Heady for CR but I was not very clear about it, sounded like I was lumping the 2 teams together. Kelli Reed is the returining CR player along with Heady. Thank you for listing them. Like I said before.....old and feeble minded. :roflolk: So the freshman class at CR is made up of players that transferred from York.....how many made the move? Will any of them be impact players right away?

Freshman class are just Fentress Co middle schoolers who chose CR for high school.

Never attended York for high school

While that is a true statement they attended York's feeder school. 99.9% of all the kids that go to that middle school go to York Institute for high school.

midtensportsmoron,

As usual your facts are wrong and your demeanor towards young highschool girls is warped. There is no such thing as York's feeder program. Anyone is able to go to any school. They have a choice which school they want to attend. It is a transfer when they start in highschool then change school. You should know since you guys have more experience at it than we do.

midtensportsmoron,

As usual your facts are wrong and your demeanor towards young highschool girls is warped. There is no such thing as York's feeder program. Anyone is able to go to any school. They have a choice which school they want to attend. It is a transfer when they start in highschool then change school. You should know since you guys have more experience at it than we do.

Optionsidiot,

Oh ok gotcha. Dickens is a "transfer" correct? or did you recruit her too like heady? How about that game last night options? Sounds to me like if you hadn't had all the help from your "transfers" then CR might have gotten boat raced! :roflol: