Clinton Dragons Offseason Thread

Space3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be hard to replace a very special group of seniors. Anyone want to take a Clinton roster and count the number of juniors and sophomores on the 09 team. I've done it. On the surface, the immediate future doesn't look all that promising.

Remember when a few OR players transferred to Clinton? Wouldn't it be ironic if,..... oh nevermind.

Clinton's staff will have a big challenge in replacing a great senior class. Its hard to replace a QB like stone and a running/LB like hezelhurst. But I know Andy and his staff are up for the challenge. The Cattlet years are over at Clinton, and with a player like Patrick and some solid OL coming back, they have something to build on. I feel like Clinton will have a team next season to make a play-off run, and the middle school team this past season had some solid players on it as well. Great season Clinton. Keep your heads up

and the middle school team this past season had some solid players on it as well. Great season Clinton. Keep your heads up

Some? It was loaded, especially with a HUGE line. I'm trying to recruit some of them to AC.... JUST KIDDING!

:roll: Great Idea, MM! Let's get started right now in the "off" season! :lol:

P.S. I'm just kidding, too! :lol:

I've been working the phones. I've also taken the garbage recruiting service seminar put on by Starsnbars of Maryville High School recruiting fame. It's really effective -- just look at Maryville's success. Need I say more? (jk jk jk) :?:

What will you guys have comming back? Who will be the QB?

AS of right now, i would think Ambrose #18 would be our qb...but i have heard rumors that a qb from Lenoir City is supposed to transfer in. Just have to wait and see on that one.

Shannon, Powell, Patrick should all be back if they dont transfer...lol!

On defense, the Washington kid at LB will be back as well. Our schedule will have Dobyns-Bennett coming to Clinton and we will have to go to T.C. Roberson, NC. Im sure both of those teams will be better next season. With losing the players we did and looking at what teams like AC and Oak Ridge have coming back, I would think Clinton finishes around 6-4 next season. Now we get to see what our coaching staff is made of, dont we?

What will you guys have comming back? Who will be the QB?

AS of right now, i would think Ambrose #18 would be our qb...but i have heard rumors that a qb from Lenoir City is supposed to transfer in. Just have to wait and see on that one.

Shannon, Powell, Patrick should all be back if they dont transfer...lol!

On defense, the Washington kid at LB will be back as well. Our schedule will have Dobyns-Bennett coming to Clinton and we will have to go to T.C. Roberson, NC. Im sure both of those teams will be better next season. With losing the players we did and looking at what teams like AC and Oak Ridge have coming back, I would think Clinton finishes around 6-4 next season. Now we get to see what our coaching staff is made of, dont we?

The QB from LC is Jordan Hall. He is an excellent little quarterback. I remember seeing him play in middle school and he is special. I heard his best sport is basketball, and his mom is a teacher so if she can find a school to teach at in the Clinton Zoning then she can send her son there without sitting out.

I can't wait to see the Patrick kid play next year. He is extremely special. I just didn't understand the coaching staff not getting him the ball more in their last game against AC. AC couldn't stop him for the most part, and I feel if used correctly Patrick would of definitely locked in that win.